Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 11:08 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Personally "Nikk", I believe that it is cruel to "debunk" one's faith. This is why I prefer to chat with non-believers of the bible like myself. I used to be Catholic, so I completely understand your logic. My best advice to you is NOT to study ancient history, or YOUR "god" will cease to exist.
I wish I could be more like you Charlotte...but alas...I cannot sit idly by while people spew myths, legends and fables and call it TRUTH...especially when they set themselves up as somehow superior to the rest of humanity while doing so but in actuality...they look pretty darn foolish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 11:11 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
Yes he did. Satan is a very powerful angel. He is much more intelligent than any human being and he is much more cunning, charming and seductive than any human being. He rebelled against God and wants to be worshipped above God. He deceives humans into believing God does not exist and other sins.
Jesus Christ came and died so that by looking to Christ nailed to a pole all Satan's work could be undone.
You didn't address my question. Did death of animals take place before the sin of man? If so, please explain why/how death, which is supposedly the result of sin, took place before sin.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:13 AM

454 posts, read 498,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You didn't address my question. Did death of animals take place before the sin of man? If so, please explain why/how death which is supposedly the result of sin, took place before sin.
Scripture has the answer:

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:13 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Yes he did. Satan is a very powerful angel. He is much more intelligent than any human being and he is much more cunning, charming and seductive than any human being. He rebelled against God and wants to be worshipped above God. He deceives humans into believing God does not exist and other sins.
Jesus Christ came and died so that by looking to Christ nailed to a pole all Satan's work could be undone.
Can you please provide scripture where this alleged rebellion took place...because honestly....I've read the bible thousands of times and have yet to find this great angel rebellion anywhere...especially the part where he wants to be worshipped above god and is gods enemy. If you've ever read the book of Job...it is clear that the alleged satan does NOTHING without gods express permission.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:14 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Did animals die before man sinned? If the wages of sin is death and animals cannot sin, no animal should have died before the sin of man, correct?

Old 08-10-2010, 11:16 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
Quote:

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
I don't understand "by-bull" so you will have to translate please.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:18 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
1. Humans ARE animals, by default. It's not "animal, mineral, vegetable, or human."
2. Other animals sin all the time, if you want to go by what the Torah and New Testament consider sins. Other animals don't marry - but they have sex anyway.
3. I don't believe in sin, therefore, no, I don't believe other animals sin. I also don't believe human animals sin. Rutebega though, I have my doubts about.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:18 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
And it's getting harder these days to tell people lies!
Well, you don't seem to have a problem with that

Old 08-10-2010, 11:20 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I don't understand "by-bull" so you will have to translate please.
Oh, that's easy. The word means 'book.' In this case, capitalized as a proper noun denoting a specific book. It comes in different versions, revered by different people (for different purposes!)

Old 08-10-2010, 11:26 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Sin is strictly a religious concept, and I believe all religion is myth, and since animals have no religion or myths, therefore they cannot sin, but live mostly guilt free...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality