Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 08:34 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times

Advertisements

Greetings and Happy 4th of July everyone

As our nation celebrates it's independence, we have to remind ourselves that each and every Christian has his/her day of independence, and that is the day we accepted Jesus Christ in our lives as our Lord and Savior. He truly has set us free and helped us cast out the burdens and transgressions of our past that have weighed us down.

We also have to remember that there are still countless others in our nation and the entire world, that are still not free, and are dependent on a variety of worldly things to help them cope with one, or multiple issues in their lives. Let's hope and pray that Jesus brings true independence to everyone in the world, even to those who think they are free, and Jesus does not, or should not, have a role in their lives.

God bless you all; happy 4th of July, and a Happy True Independence day to you, no matter what day of the year it falls on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 08:36 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Amen, Mike! May God bless you all today and may God bless America! Happy 4th!

Old 07-04-2007, 09:19 AM

646 posts, read 1,610,701 times
Happy 4th.

Atheists too have a day of independence from spirituality. I remember when I cast off the shackles of belief and was able to be free of guilt, fear and oppression.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:15 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Greetings and Happy 4th of July everyone

As our nation celebrates it's independence, we have to remind ourselves that each and every Christian has his/her day of independence, and that is the day we accepted Jesus Christ in our lives as our Lord and Savior. He truly has set us free and helped us cast out the burdens and transgressions of our past that have weighed us down.

We also have to remember that there are still countless others in our nation and the entire world, that are still not free, and are dependent on a variety of worldly things to help them cope with one, or multiple issues in their lives. Let's hope and pray that Jesus brings true independence to everyone in the world, even to those who think they are free, and Jesus does not, or should not, have a role in their lives.

God bless you all; happy 4th of July, and a Happy True Independence day to you, no matter what day of the year it falls on.
I'm totally free thank you, and I certainly haven't accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. I'm praying in my own way that society wakes up and breaks the prison of the mind that is religion.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:19 AM

23,017 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
I'm totally free thank you, and I certainly haven't accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. I'm praying in my own way that society wakes up and breaks the prison of the mind that is religion.
Yes me too then maybe society will realize the need for Jesus if they can break away from religion. Just curious who are you praying to?

Old 07-04-2007, 11:16 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
Thank God that I am free from religion, and alive to the REALITY that is Jesus Christ!
Where do you find freedom?

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."

Happy 4th to ya'll...

Bud

Old 07-04-2007, 11:37 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes me too then maybe society will realize the need for Jesus if they can break away from religion. Just curious who are you praying to?
i used praying as a way of describing wishful thought. That "need" for Jesus is perpetuating ignorance in society. As is the same in the Muslim community with regard to Allah. This may seem alarmist to you, but I am actually worried at the rate of extreme behaviours in the world in the name of religion. Unfortunately I critisize moderates (which may seem unfair), but IMO they make critique of extreme views taboo.

Old 07-04-2007, 02:36 PM

633 posts, read 2,541,818 times
On this day, I remember how thankful I am to be free to worship the God/Goddess of my choice, without persecution from our government. I am thankful that when I walk outside I am in "my church". The earth, air, fire, water and spirit are all present around me and I am in awe of all them.

Happy Birthday America!

Old 07-04-2007, 02:47 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,276,700 times
Happy Fourth of July, everyone!

Cheers,
June

Old 07-04-2007, 02:49 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Being a Christian is not about religion, it's about having a relationship with Jesus. Yes I agree, relgion is boring, that's why Jesus freed everyone from that when he was on earth, and whenever somebody accepts him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality