Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 06:57 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,366,879 times

Advertisements

We were not designed we evolved and will continue to evolve. In a million years humans will look on you paper products and think how primitive our species was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 07:05 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,701,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
At death's door, one "may" see the light at the end of the tunnel
Which has been logically and factually explained by...you guessed it...medical SCIENCE.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:11 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,676,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Every so often I bemoan the poor design of human beings and wonder why a god would do such shoddy design work. I am speaking mainly of bodily functions, i.e., elimination and also female menstrual periods. Can you even imagine the nightmare these problems presented to the human race before indoor toilets and the invention of paper products? This is just mind-boggling to me and I cannot understand how a creator glossed over these design problems.

How were the incontinence needs of infants and old people accommodated in ancient times? It is a problem today (old people, specifically) but what about in ancient times? Of course these horrible, nasty tasks have always fallen to women.

Ugh. What a horrible design. I think there should be a massive recall.
Ummmmmm..."ancient times....before indoor toilets and paper products"?!--Got news for ya...even in 2010 there are tens of millions that have never seen a toilet, a plumbed water system, or "paper products".

Don't just stop at waste elimination and reproductive functions...why not say the design sux because we need to take in food...or breath...or have blood flowing? And that lack of flying ability...what's up with THAT!!!

Cars aren't "poorly designed" because they need tuneups and oil changes...and people aren't "horribly designed" because they need to take a dump.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:05 AM

32 posts, read 42,868 times
To OP: Wow you made me imagine how these people pooped and what do the women use for their menstruation since sanitary napkins weren't invented yet.Moderator cut: edit/tmi

And actually that plumbing situatiuon is more a question to the evolutionists. I believe it is a fact, the river, lakes were used as toilets? Some people/culture still does that.

As for menstruation. I suggest u study female reproductive system. So you will know that women MUST menstruate or they won't ovulate monthly. And die of toxins. Menstruation actually is the shedding of endometrium lining of the uterus that women creates monthly in preparation for pregnancy. If ovulation did not take place, shedding in the form of menstruation takes place.

Why not blame evolution for this? Why blame God. You would think, like my semen scenario, it will evolve so you humans will not Moderator cut: edit to read "compain" about the design flaw. Which ALMOST ALWAYS is just a sign of your lack of knowledge and understanding of our body systems.

All I can say is this, having studied the body systems, there is ALWAYS a VALID reason for your complaints of a supposed design flaw.

By the way, study digestive system. So you will know why it is a MUST that we poop, urinate. Actually just study the kidney and small and large intestine functions. To let you know why a healthy normal bowel system is a MUST.

Last edited by june 7th; 11-16-2010 at 09:26 AM..

Old 11-16-2010, 09:06 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,670,052 times
Quote:
I am speaking mainly of bodily functions, i.e., elimination and also female menstrual periods. Can you even imagine the nightmare these problems presented to the human race before indoor toilets and the invention of paper products?
1. The fact that countless billions of people have lived on this planet before our generation seems to suggest that we found (or, if you don't mind the use of the word, evolved) ways to deal with various biological phenomena.

2. If you think the design process is bad now, try to imagine how it would be if there weren't any provisions for those bodily functions at all.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Every so often I bemoan the poor design of human beings and wonder why a god would do such shoddy design work. I am speaking mainly of bodily functions, i.e., elimination and also female menstrual periods. Can you even imagine the nightmare these problems presented to the human race before indoor toilets and the invention of paper products? This is just mind-boggling to me and I cannot understand how a creator glossed over these design problems.

How were the incontinence needs of infants and old people accommodated in ancient times? It is a problem today (old people, specifically) but what about in ancient times? Of course these horrible, nasty tasks have always fallen to women.

Heeeeeeeey...I've got a grrrrrreat idea!!---Since God Moderator cut: deleted so bad at engineering and manufacturing...oh wait!...some here have concluded there isn't even a God, right?
Well, anyway...if God does exist, and has done such a crappy (pun intended) job at designing us---YOU should just take the raw materials that are readily available, and put together something that's way better and doesn't have all those problems.

Get back to me when you've got that all hooked up. Moderator cut: deleted as off topic

Last edited by june 7th; 11-16-2010 at 11:24 AM..

Old 11-16-2010, 10:01 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,238,749 times
It could be, that Humans eat too much, and they eat the wrong foods...(God said fruits, and seeds, nuts, and veg from plants Given us)
I would think, if Humans ate just enough of the right foods...there would be no need to poo, cause the body would use up what was ingested,... if just the right amount of the right kind of food went intirely to fuel the body....then no waste would be expelled by the body...and what would be could be used as fuel.

As for the womans menstrual cycles....it is found in other mamals...when in season for breeding...the female mamals discharge old eggs, and give off a sent to attract a mate to fertilize the new eggs........ the blood is the carrier of the sent, and the old eggs..

What I find interesting...is there seems to be some wisdom in the Bible about this menstrual cycle..and how unclean it is...way back when things were Young and new?

And then we have Today, and virus, and bacteria running ramped in the blood, to make those biblical renditions true to some extent....some nasty viruses are passed on by the blood or bodily fluids of the infected persons.

So some perfecting of the body comes when we follow what God and Christ asked of US who believe..or are trying to do in following what God and Christ said...Be perfect.

Eat the right foods...If we only eat from plant based life....our poo is more eco friendly, and would break down in to soil more readily and rapidly....with less Virus and Bacteria in that mess to deal with later .

See God said fruits and nuts and veg..and some fish for the Omega oils!!
Plants that are denied by bent Roman Law (when God said they are all Good) (And Jesus said the same) Prohibiting certain plants (HEMP and Marijuana and others) from being used and or sown omits something from the eco systems and other life...wonder why?...So no one completes God's will and word....no doubt?...and if they try...they are punished....for sowing seeds into the world that help life be life........what a funny bunch of coconuts they are...and they claim they are evolving?, Intelligent?..while polluting the Earth, mind, body, and soul of humankind, and its natural estate, to a unnatural and unhealthy estate?

More like mutation to me....why?...cause humans do not listen to reason!

And what are humans gona mutate into this time around the galactic center?.....that has been foretold would come?...before Christ...Maybe now they will awaken?

Smile....Perfect the self...is to become like God...and make Good...make right...make truth...and in that truth Eternity is born...because God is truth...and truth is eternally with God!

Because something is not being restored to its rightful place in the natural estate of the wilderness...a key partnership is missing...and because it is missing because of our bent and opposite judgement on it...things mutate to be something else!...so they can exist...they have to change, to make allowence for the missing elemental!

THis is why God said it is all good...so nothing is omitted when we restore things to the way they should be...EDENS>

That is where humans ERROR...and they mutate because of it...and because of that ERROR being continually done ...They now claim God is imperfect?....wow.

Last edited by Sir Les; 11-16-2010 at 10:30 AM..

Old 11-16-2010, 11:05 AM

245 posts, read 456,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Heeeeeeeey...I've got a grrrrrreat idea!!---Since God Moderator cut: orphaned so bad at engineering and manufacturing...oh wait!...some here have concluded there isn't even a God, right?
Well, anyway...if God does exist, and has done such a crappy (pun intended) job at designing us---YOU should just take the raw materials that are readily available, and put together something that's way better and doesn't have all those problems.

Get back to me when you've got that all hooked up. Moderator cut: orphaned
Actually, we have the ability to suspend, perhaps indefinitely, the menstrual cycle. You haven't seen the commercials lately for the latest approved method (seasonale?)? That one takes it out to several months, but the ability exists in research that allows for an indefinite "pause".

And as for engineering and manufacturing, we're getting there. We've got hydrocarbon digesting bacteria and robust crops. Just because we aren't at your god's level yet, it doesn't mean our (or at least my) children or grandchildren won't be in the future.

Last edited by june 7th; 11-16-2010 at 11:28 AM..

Old 11-16-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
Actually, we have the ability to suspend, perhaps indefinitely, the menstrual cycle. You haven't seen the commercials lately for the latest approved method (seasonale?)? That one takes it out to several months, but the ability exists in research that allows for an indefinite "pause".

And as for engineering and manufacturing, we're getting there. We've got hydrocarbon digesting bacteria and robust crops. Just because we aren't at your god's level yet, it doesn't mean our (or at least my) children or grandchildren won't be in the future.
The issue is, "poorly designed (read: poorly EVOLVED) humans"...with a slam on God for the "Ugh...mind-boggling shoddy/horrible design work"...and citing our need to eliminate waste from our bodies, and female menstruation (with the obligatory "ick factor" mention) as indicative of said "poor design".

I responded, basically, "If you don't like it, and you are going to assume the posture to criticize it, let's see YOU make something better."...FROM SCRATCH (like you are implying God did)...not improve on the, IMO, "wonderfully made" human anatomy. OH...and fix that "aging thing" too!

MOF...while you're at it--Fix the weather, those solar flareups, earthquakes, volcanos, lack of oxygen outside this planets' atmosphere, and anything/everything else God set the design of that you don't think "suits" us "Earth Humans" just so.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:45 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,446,468 times
Quote:

You have to remember that this design was mared by sin. The design was perfect, but since sin entered into the world so to death.

I think the design is perfect. God was able to take dirt and cause it to live, breath, function, create, reproduce, love, hate, feel, think. I think it is very amazing. Yes, there are some issues that have come in with sin, like disease and birth defects (all not part of the original design), but we also have the ability to create communities that can work together to produce all of the necessities of life and to help each other out. Because God gave us brains that can learn we can solve these problems that you describe and many others.

And since Jesus Christ, God incarnate, came to the earth and lived a perfect life, even in the midst of a difficult time in human history, we all have an example to live by. Not only that but by praying that Jesus would come into our hearts and asking him to forgive us of our sin, we can be saved, we can then rely on him. He will give us the abilities to cope with lifes problems. He will teach us how to live and live life in a greater way then in our own strength. Each of us can go beyond this mortal creation and become part of the design of the divine on an eternal level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality