Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 02:50 PM

245 posts, read 455,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynako View Post
Actually appendicits functions as either a lymph or endocrine gland. It is widely believed to be a useless part of intestine but research is I believe still undergoing about its real fucntion lemme google to refresh my memory.
Regardless of whatever minimal function anyone tries to find for the appendix, my point remains. Any minimal amount of functionality that can be assigned them doesn't change that they are not essential to anything. They are removed daily with no apparent negative impact. Thus, illness resulting in death from a non-essential component is reflection of imperfection.

Quote:
Yeah I remember, it has immune function somehow.

OMG. Toe nails and nails in general are skins actually. For some reason they are rich in keratin that gives them that hard characteristics compared to our normal skin.

And what is wrong with the toe nails anyway?
The point is that they don't beneficially contribute in overall design. There's no functionality there that isn't handled more efficiently elsewhere. Ever had an ingrown toenail? I've had them as a result of sports related injury and they suck.

The point with the toenail is that it isn't one of the typical components paraded around and argued over in this discussion (i.e. the eye). I was trying to keep the example as simple as the basic point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I think appendicitis is a "perfect" way to die.
MOF I think being "dead" is as "perfect" a condition as being "alive".

It's allllllll "perfect"!--know why?--because I said so!! Like that?...you should...it's no different than the basis from which you are making your statements.
Is that really all you have? I've outlined specific points in a basic argument, and you can't even put together a valid response? The point I've made is substantiated, which wasn't hard as it's extremely basic. It is very telling that you continually try to obfuscate my point by claiming that your assertions are equally valid to the point i've illustrated. Please explain how a horribly painful death resulting from illness in a non-essential component that is especially susceptible to illness is a reflcetion of perfection. Just because you say so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia160 View Post
Or human sinuses which are 'upside down' so they don't drain properly causing infection.

And, wisdom teeth.
Yup, and the list goes on.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:12 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,813,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia160 View Post
Or human sinuses which are 'upside down' so they don't drain properly causing infection.

And, wisdom teeth.
This.
No such thing as intelligent design as there is nothing intelligent about it. We evolved. This is provable science now and no longer a theory. Some people still choose ignorance.

1. Sinuses are upside down when we stand upright and were ment for our bodies to be on all four legs.

2. Wisdom teeth come in all kinds of messed up ways or not at all. Causes massive problems down the road for most people.

3. Knees aren't strong enough to support most people's weight for their lifetime. How often do you see animals on all fours with knee problems?

4. Female genitals placed too close to the rectum. Causes all kinds of fun infections. Why is the recreational park located next to the sewage plant?

5. Appendix is worthless.

6. Abdomen is badly placed making it very easy to succomb to a sharp wound. Not the case in animals.

7. During Child birth the babies heads are too big and cause all kinds of problems. C-sections anyone?

8. The Human eye has an assortment of problems such as blind spots due to where the optic nerves are attached to the retina. It's the equivalent of dropping cords over a camera while trying to film something. That camera man would be fired! Not to mention restricted vision and impaired vision.

9. Intestines are totally tangled leading to gut problems with a lot of people.

10. Food gets stuck going into the lungs instead of the stomach often killing people via a terrible design of the esophagus.

11. I'm not even going into how jacked up human feet are.

12. The Vas Deferens are the tube leading the testes to the penis. They are designed HORRIBLY in that it's the longest way possible to get from point A to point B. That's because they weren't designed, they evolved as we changed and the testes dropped down into a sac. This explains why the Vas Deferens loop around the ureter instead of having a direct attachment.

Moderator cut: deleted as insulting

Last edited by june 7th; 11-16-2010 at 10:01 PM..

Old 11-16-2010, 03:36 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,670,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
Is that really all you have? I've outlined specific points in a basic argument, and you can't even put together a valid response? The point I've made is substantiated, which wasn't hard as it's extremely basic. It is very telling that you continually try to obfuscate my point by claiming that your assertions are equally valid to the point i've illustrated. Please explain how a horribly painful death resulting from illness in a non-essential component that is especially susceptible to illness is a reflcetion of perfection. Just because you say so?
And that is all YOU have as well. I'm not "trying to obfuscate your point"...you have no point, and have substantiated NOTHING...beyond your OPINION.

Here, let me 'splain it to ya...it isn't hard, and it's extremely basic: If you were the virus or bacteria infecting the body, or the vultures and maggots feeding off the dead corpse...in what "condition" would that body to be most "perfect"?

You are only going by your LIMITED and SELF-SERVING "frame of reference" as to what "perfection" is. Which is the basic point by which I contested the OP...and what YOU are saying on it.

BOTTOM LINE: It's ALLLLLLL "perfect"! To say it isn't...is to say "the universe" is somehow "defective". But...how can it be?...it is, what it is! Everything is ALWAYS "perfect"! You need to get hip to that.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:49 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,883,612 times
Quote:
And what is wrong with the toe nails anyway?
They make holes in your socks.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
And that is all YOU have as well. I'm not "trying to obfuscate your point"...you have no point, and have substantiated NOTHING...beyond your OPINION.

Here, let me 'splain it to ya...it isn't hard, and it's extremely basic: If you were the virus or bacteria infecting the body, or the vultures and maggots feeding off the dead corpse...in what "condition" would that body to be most "perfect"?

You are only going by your LIMITED and SELF-SERVING "frame of reference" as to what "perfection" is. Which is the basic point by which I contested the OP...and what YOU are saying on it.

BOTTOM LINE: It's ALLLLLLL "perfect"! To say it isn't...is to say "the universe" is somehow "defective". But...how can it be?...it is, what it is! Everything is ALWAYS "perfect"! You need to get hip to that.
More of the same, you still have rebutted nothing.

Please explain how a horribly painful death resulting from infection in a useless component that is especially susceptible to infection could take place within the confines of a perfectly designed human body. Oh I get it, it's perfect because bacteria and maggots have to eat too right? So it's perfect for them, right? Your god regards bacteria and maggots, at least, highly enough to feed them his perfect creations, right? That's not perfect design, that's perfectly ridiculous.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:28 PM

32 posts, read 42,852 times
http://www.webhealthguides.net/wp-co...n-medicine.jpg

Can you point out the sinus opening you are so pissed off about? I dont see any here? And as I remember my studies sinuses are air pockets. Dont remember any mention of it being upside down.

Orestes: you seem to forget the role of appendix in an 11-week-old fetuses that contribute to "biological control (homeostatic) mechanisms."

FYI, homeostatis is the be all and end all of human life.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:00 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,670,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
More of the same, you still have rebutted nothing.

Please explain how a horribly painful death resulting from infection in a useless component that is especially susceptible to infection could take place within the confines of a perfectly designed human body. Oh I get it, it's perfect because bacteria and maggots have to eat too right? So it's perfect for them, right? Your god regards bacteria and maggots, at least, highly enough to feed them his perfect creations, right? That's not perfect design, that's perfectly ridiculous.
AGAIN: BOTTOM LINE: It's ALLLLLLL "perfect"! To say it isn't...is to say "the universe" is somehow "defective". But...how can it be?...it is, what it is! Everything is ALWAYS "perfect"! You need to get hip to that.

By your logic/argument...unless humans lived forever in an absolutely "flawless" (based on YOUR criteria) physical and mental condition...they are not "perfect".
Your error is that you presuppose what our "perfect purpose/condition" is.
And you never answered one of my original questions on that: By what authority are YOU the one to define "perfection"?

I see the fact that EVERY living thing ceases to do so at some point by succumbing to some injury/illness/malady...as part of the "perfect plan". Your aforementioned "death resulting from infection" was "perfectly fatal", was it not? It's all about your "perspective" as to what is "perfect". You've selfishly chosen only what YOU view as your own benefit as to what defines "perfect".

You say, "it's perfect because bacteria and maggots have to eat too right? So it's perfect for them, right?" And add, "That's not perfect design, that's perfectly ridiculous."
And to THAT, I say: No, not "rediculous"...MOF you have FINALLY stated HOW IT ALL WORKS OUT so PERRRRRRRFECTLY!!

Old 11-16-2010, 07:18 PM

651 posts, read 1,418,208 times
Quote:
http://www.webhealthguides.net/wp-co...n-medicine.jpg

Can you point out the sinus opening you are so pissed off about? I dont see any here? And as I remember my studies sinuses are air pockets. Dont remember any mention of it being upside down.

Orestes: you seem to forget the role of appendix in an 11-week-old fetuses that contribute to "biological control (homeostatic) mechanisms."

FYI, homeostatis is the be all and end all of human life.
Who said anything about being pissed off? I'm pointing out flaws in design and you are attempting to refute this with textbook information about function which does not address the flaws being pointed out. In answer to your question, I'm referring to the maxillary sinuses. Here is a link to a diagram. (See second diagram) Sinus CT Scan, Sinusitis - W. S. Tichenor, M. D.

You'll notice that the opening of the maxillary sinus is pointing in an upward direction which works against gravity for drainage purposes. Also, the article in the link mentions that the sinus opening is enlarged in the diagram and is actually about the size of a pin head. If the maxillary sinuses were designed by an all knowing perfect creator, I would expect that they would be provided with a drainage system that does not promote infection.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:34 PM

33,575 posts, read 37,205,438 times
Another flaw in human anatomy is the fact that the duct leading from the gall bladder joins the duct leading from the pancreas....This means that when gall stones form and leave the gall bladder there is a good chance that they will lodge where the two ducts join and block the pancreatic duct. When this happens the digestive chemicals the pancreas secretes back up, and the pancreas begins to digest itself....I know this because it happened to me...10 days in the hospital on morphine because of the severe pain involved, not only that but no food or water for those ten days...Only intravenous fluids...The solution they removed my gall bladder, another redundant organ. The positive side is that I lost the 16 pounds that I needed to lose.

What is up with gall stones and kidney stones anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality