Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2010, 01:19 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,046,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
When I say the true author I was speaking of the one that Muhammad followed and believed in. The one that motivated him to write what he did. Muslims may say some of the same things. Yet most of what I have experienced from their side has little to do with science. Naturally being a little more detailed on the topic would allow me to give a better responce. Yet the topic is on the fossil discovery and the Biblical account.

Originally Posted by Campbell34
The true author of the Quran was the serpent in the garden, so naturally he would be aware of the account. The Quran is just describing the same event from an opposing viewpoint. However, with more of a diabolical spin.

Sorry Campbell, Muslims follow G-d, just as Christians call Jesus G-d. Both are disputed by each other. So that is another discussion.

The True author of the Quran were men who wrote down or memorized the revelations and then the Quran was compiled and codified. None of it was written down by Muhammad. It was written down by the earliest followers after his death.

He was aware of Christian and Jewish communities because he was a trader who was married to his first wife Kadijah. She was an astute businesswoman who owned her own business. Their caravans traveled through out the area and came into contact with different religious ideas.

So if the fossil of a snake with legs proves the story in the Bible, does that mean that its being found in a 92 million year old deposits then proves an old earth scenario?

BBC NEWS | Science & Environment | Ancient serpent shows its leg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
According to Genesis 3:14 when God saw that the serpent had deceived Eve in the garden. God stated that the serpent from then on would travel on his belly. I use to tell people that snakes once had legs, and according to the Scriptures walked upright. Of course every non believer thought that was simply a foolish myth from the Bible.

However a recent finding now shows us that yes snakes in the past did have legs. Now science will tell you this is a riddle. Their question will be. "Why do these snake species have hind limbs? If legs were the norm for snake ancestors, it would make sense to see the species advanced anatomy as only superficially similar to more modern snakes. On the other hand, the stubby limbs on the fossil snakes might represent an evolutionary reversal.

The fact that these snake fossils have been found with legs, only confirms the Biblical account. And the belief by science that snakes not having legs today might be an evolutionary reversal. Is only believed, because they have ignored what the God of the Bible already stated.

New Fossil Snake With Legs, Reported In <i>Science</i>

Snakes having legs first stated in the Bible, and now confirmed by science.
They also confirm a very old earth, not a young earth. They confirm evolution and not a 6 day creation and a 7th day of rest.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:45 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,183,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumble34 View Post
C-14 is still being used today, and they have tested dinosaur bones that are unfossilized.
I never said C-14 was no longer used. I said C-14 is used to date organic material, not fossilized material.

Your claim that they used C-14 for unfossilized material supports my claim.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:50 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,199,501 times
The half-fife of C14 is too short for use on dinosaur bones. It's better for use on such frauds as the "Shroud of Turin".

Old 11-28-2010, 02:23 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,141,109 times
Quote:
There are some who may believe talking birds are only found in fairy tales as well. Yet that would only be because of their ignorance.

I own one of those fancy talkin' birds and he just repeats things he's heard over and over with little thought. That sounds kind of like someone I just can't put a finger on who.

Find one, just one instance of a snake talking (outside of the bible) and I will own up to said ignorance. No cartoon snakes don't count! Nor do CGI created snakes or puppet snakes. I guess Satan transmogrified into a snake would be OK. As long as he says something.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:31 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,975,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
The half-fife of C14 is too short for use on dinosaur bones. It's better for use on such frauds as the "Shroud of Turin".
C14 is only to short for dinosaur bone testing, because you have already assumed the age of the dinosaurs. C14 worked well on the Shroud of Turin because it confirmed the patch material removed from the Shroud was placed there during the Middle ages. However, the topic in question is really about the fossil discovery, and the Biblical account of the Serpent.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
I own one of those fancy talkin' birds and he just repeats things he's heard over and over with little thought. That sounds kind of like someone I just can't put a finger on who.

Find one, just one instance of a snake talking (outside of the bible) and I will own up to said ignorance. No cartoon snakes don't count! Nor do CGI created snakes or puppet snakes. I guess Satan transmogrified into a snake would be OK. As long as he says something.

There are many things found in the Bible that people did not believe in. Yet historical discovery shows us, that the Bible speaks the truth.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
They also confirm a very old earth, not a young earth. They confirm evolution and not a 6 day creation and a 7th day of rest.

Actually, they do not confirm a very old earth. They assume a very old earth. And the only thing that was confirmed. Is that snakes in the past had legs. Which has more to do with confirming the Biblical account.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:18 PM

33,563 posts, read 37,165,415 times
Before about 400 million years ago there were only fish...They were the ancestors of every creature that walks the earth today, including snakes....

Four-legged creatures were mucking around a muddy basin in what is now Poland about 397 million years ago. And they left behind distinctive footprints, which have turned back the clock on the evolution of these landlubbers.

The discovery helps to refine the timing of the transition from our fishy ancestors to land creatures, which until now was thought to have occurred about 380 million years ago or so. The new discoveries show the four-leggers were stomping around millions of years earlier than had been estimated based on fossils. Until now, the earliest complete evidence for a four-limbed animal with digits came from Ichthyostega and Acanthostega, which date back to between 374 million and 359 million years ago.

Four-legged Creature's Footprints Force Evolution Rethink | LiveScience

Last edited by sanspeur; 11-28-2010 at 05:34 PM..

Old 11-28-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Actually, they do not confirm a very old earth. They assume a very old earth. And the only thing that was confirmed. Is that snakes in the past had legs. Which has more to do with confirming the Biblical account.

92 million years old is not a young earth. You want it both ways. Prove the bible correct because the fossil had legs but stick to a young earth even though the fossil is 92 million years old.

You cannot have it both ways.

Sorry but you are just not credible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality