Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 07:43 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,876,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
According to Genesis 3:14 when God saw that the serpent had deceived Eve in the garden. God stated that the serpent from then on would travel on his belly. I use to tell people that snakes once had legs, and according to the Scriptures walked upright. Of course every non believer thought that was simply a foolish myth from the Bible.

However a recent finding now shows us that yes snakes in the past did have legs. Now science will tell you this is a riddle. Their question will be. "Why do these snake species have hind limbs? If legs were the norm for snake ancestors, it would make sense to see the species advanced anatomy as only superficially similar to more modern snakes. On the other hand, the stubby limbs on the fossil snakes might represent an evolutionary reversal.

The fact that these snake fossils have been found with legs, only confirms the Biblical account. And the belief by science that snakes not having legs today might be an evolutionary reversal. Is only believed, because they have ignored what the God of the Bible already stated.

New Fossil Snake With Legs, Reported In <i>Science</i>

Snakes having legs first stated in the Bible, and now confirmed by science.
I suspect that a good case could be made for long lizards with really short legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 10:14 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,977,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
The bible wasn't begun to be written until around the 8-7th century bce my friend.

Oh please paganmama80. Could you please consider some extra Biblical education? The Book of Genesis was written over 3,000 years ago. And we have copies of Genesis found among the Dead Sea Scrolls. And these copies are over 2,000 years old. And the story of Eve in the garden with the Serpent, will be found in the Book of Genesis. Our present day Bible may not of been organized as it is today. Yet the writings have existed for thousands of years.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
I suspect that a good case could be made for long lizards with really short legs.
Well, now days. I guess you could make a case for anything.LOL

Old 11-30-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Campbell,

You are not interested in anything I have given you. The links have lots of information. I will go with science over the Bible for information. Science has much more to say then a Bible story about a serpent with legs. If you want to believe what you want that is fine. I have given you lots of information. I do think that for you to take a fossil and only see one part of the picture is cherry picking. A fossil with legs and ignore what many scientists have said. More then one fossil has been found and scientists have come to the same conclusions.

What to do ? Go with fossils that have been found and dated and studied by scientists who came to many of the same conclusions, or go with a fossil and a bible story.

So now I will politely bow out of this conversation because I am now spinning my wheels. You and I just need to agree to disagree.

The fossil shows a snake with rear legs. THOSE ARE THE FACTS. The Bible stated that snakes did not always crawl on their belly. THAT IS A FACT AS WELL. Only in recent times has fossil evidence revealed that snakes once had legs. Now if you want to ignore those facts. Then you must ignore both science, and the Bible. Because science and the Bible are both telling us the samething. The assumption of time, is not the question. The real question here is. Is there evidence that would suggest that snakes did not always crawl on their belly?

Old 11-30-2010, 10:32 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,169,463 times
Quote:
The fossil shows a snake with rear legs. THOSE ARE THE FACTS. The Bible stated that snakes did not always crawl on their belly. THAT IS A FACT AS WELL. Only in recent times has fossil evidence revealed that snakes once had legs. Now if you want to ignore those facts. Then you must ignore both science, and the Bible. Because science and the Bible are both telling us the samething. The assumption of time, is not the question. The real question here is. Is there evidence that would suggest that snakes did not always crawl on their belly?
The bible also says that men eventually die when nailed to a cross... so that must mean water can be turned into wine by MAGIC!

It is useless to argue such a childish argument to those who are rational thinkers.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:39 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,128,049 times
Quote:
Well, now days. I guess you could make a case for anything.LOL
Yes. And you never answered my question.

Do snakes talk?

Old 11-30-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
The bible also says that men eventually die when nailed to a cross... so that must mean water can be turned into wine by MAGIC!

It is useless to argue such a childish argument to those who are rational thinkers.

Of course if the Bible offers us advanced knowledged and it is confirmed to be a fact. Non believers will always consider such evidence childish. Even if the evidence is TRUE. And is that because non believers only believe a rational thinker would ignore the truth? Especially it it confirms a Biblical truth.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:47 PM

Ahem, Campbell,

Do snakes talk?

Old 11-30-2010, 10:52 PM

Yoo hoo, Campbell...

I know you are online. You just posted a couple of minutes ago.

Do snakes talk?

Old 11-30-2010, 10:54 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,169,463 times
Quote:
Of course if the Bible offers us advanced knowledged and it is confirmed to be a fact. Non believers will always consider such evidence childish. Even if the evidence is TRUE. And is that because non believers only believe a rational thinker would ignore the truth? Especially it it confirms a Biblical truth.
Yes, stars are tiny objects, not other suns...

By your logic I can pick up the 3 little pigs, and believe wolves can huff and puff and blow a wooden house down lol..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality