Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2010, 07:21 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,996,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
What a conversation....... Anyhow even if you all were to somehow convince C34 he will never acknowledge it. To do that would somehow put his salvation in jeopardy and all the truth in the world would not ever allow him to do that.

So he is actually so blinded by the possibility of some end of life salvation or he is a troll. That is what I have come up with. Because this whole thread is not rational.

Well, God tells us mans wisdom is but foolishness to Him. So naturally the Biblical account of the serpent in the garden would not be rational to you. And I believe that is because you only imbrace a two dimensional world. And you do this while you suggest that I am the blind one. My salvation was never placed in jeopardy, it was secured long ago. My beliefs are based on the proofs of the Bible. And historical discovery only makes those beliefs stronger. And my personal encounters with God confirms those beliefs. In time we will all stand before Him. And I believe what will shock you the most. Is when you discover how wrong some of presents beliefs are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 07:27 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,060,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well, God tells us mans wisdom is but foolishness to Him. So naturally the Biblical account of the serpent in the garden would not be rational to you. And I believe that is because you only imbrace a two dimensional world. And you do this while you suggest that I am the blind one. My salvation was never placed in jeopardy, it was secured long ago. My beliefs are based on the proofs of the Bible. And historical discovery only makes those beliefs stronger. And my personal encounters with God confirms those beliefs. In time we will all stand before Him. And I believe what will shock you the most. Is when you discover how wrong some of presents beliefs are.

Funny, I have the same beliefs. I think that many Christians will be surprised about how wrong some of their beliefs are too.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:12 AM

9,496 posts, read 12,957,712 times
Default A Bright Flash, brighter than anything you've ever seen!

Quote:
Well lets see. God tells the serpent that from this time on he will forever crawl on his belly. Which would suggest that he did not do that in the past. Now we find fossil evidence that is showing us that snakes in the past actually had legs. So one might assume that snakes did walk, or at the very least used those legs to do something other than crawl on their belly. Believers in evolution make much greater assumptions based on almost no evidence at all. Yet, I suppose if someone does not want to believe the Bible account. The more wild speculations of evolution are the only assumptions that can be considered.
And yet we have snakes with limbs today as well. All with "no evolvin' allowed!" no less. Seems god missed a few, huh?

As usual, you completely ignore the obvious: the structural physiology of crawling lizards [i.e.: sideways facing, side-swinging limbs, well adapted to their evolved form of locomotion] would NOT ever allow them to walk upright. It's like I said before Tom: Seals have limbs too: so.... do they also walk upright? Can penguins fly through the air on their obvious wings? Is anything in your imaginary world adapted to anything specific?

Your grossly illiterate but convenient re-interpretations are certainly entertaining, but just realize that they only make you look more the uneducated fool.jkm

That's OK: I realize you've learned to "duck and cover" whenever The Truth Bomb goes off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2kdpAGDu8s

"Yeah, Tom! Come on out and meet all the nice people! After all, The Truth Bomb might be used against you!"

Last edited by rifleman; 12-11-2010 at 08:34 AM..

Old 12-11-2010, 08:32 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,915,897 times
Quote:
Well lets see. God tells the serpent that from this time on he will forever crawl on his belly.
Ah...but it doesn't say that at all does it old fruit. You are, yet again, adding your own words and interpretations to what it ACTUALLY says.

"So the LORD God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,
“Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life…"

Gen 3

Now tell me where you found the words "from this time on"? Those words are not there mate. You just make them up and add them to support your lunacy. Those words would support your claim that snakes walked upright BEFORE they were cursed but those words can't be found in the scripture. They are YOUR words not those found in the scripture. If it did say what you claim you might have a point but as it is, those all important words that would support your claim just 'aint there pal....they just 'aint there!!

Old 12-11-2010, 08:48 AM

9,496 posts, read 12,957,712 times
Default The Truth Uncovered.... (remember: D&C!*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Now tell me where you found the words "from this time on"? Those words are not there mate. You just make them up and add them to support your lunacy. ...

They are YOUR words not those found in the scripture. If it did say what you claim you might have a point but as it is, those all important words that would support your claim just 'aint there pal....they just 'aint there!!
"Oh......Oh!..........Me!......Me!......Pick ME!......I know the answer!"

The David C. Cook comics

...or this wondrous swill:

Sunday School Lesson Plans

Sigh.....

(*D&C: Duck and Cover...)

Old 12-11-2010, 09:32 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,042,706 times
Quote:
I first believed in God when I was about 6 or so. I never questioned any of it. I had "faith". Then when I was 16 or 17 I started thinking it over. Science kind of added to my perplexation on the matter. In short order I was looking for any valid evidence that there was a God. See, I wanted there to be a God, and I still want there to be a God. But there is absolutely no rational evidence of God. Fact is, there are psychological explanations as to why many people simply need a God.

Now these years later I still want to believe in God, any God. I so wish I could. I can see the comfort a God can give. I can see where "standing in his light" after we leave this earth would be very reassuring. But I can't force myself to put credence in what is essentially non-existent or imagined evidence. I guess my rational thinking supercedes my desire to concoct some superior, benevolent entity. I actually envy you, but I can't go along with you.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:03 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,668,335 times
Strange that C34 is hung up over snakes being cursed rendering them unable to walk around with legs. Whales and dolphins are unable to walk around, but I don't recall anything about them being cursed. There's nary a peep in the Bible about it. Oh Flipper, you wicked beast, what did you do?

Old 12-11-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Funny, I have the same beliefs. I think that many Christians will be surprised about how wrong some of their beliefs are too.

Well in my personal experiences I have discovered God has never led me in the wrong direction. When God told me my wife was going to have a child. I discovered his statement was true about three or four hours later. And I knew my wife was pregnant even before my wife knew. And when God told me to pray for a job. I got one as soon as I said the (A) of Amen, and I was still on my knees. God has given me so much proof for his reality over the years, that I don't doubt him anymore. Non Christians only have their personal opinions. And personal opinions are often wrong. When one considers the stories found in the Bible. Often such accounts are backed up by historical discovery. And such discoveries are ignored by non believers if for no other reason, then their desire not to believe.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Strange that C34 is hung up over snakes being cursed rendering them unable to walk around with legs. Whales and dolphins are unable to walk around, but I don't recall anything about them being cursed. There's nary a peep in the Bible about it. Oh Flipper, you wicked beast, what did you do?

Well God tells us the rain falls on the just and the unjust alike. It just so happens the Serpent had a special connection between God and the fall of man. And God pointed this out to us. The Bible is not a Book about sea life. It is a Book about God's interaction between Himself and the people of earth.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
I first believed in God when I was about 6 or so. I never questioned any of it. I had "faith". Then when I was 16 or 17 I started thinking it over. Science kind of added to my perplexation on the matter. In short order I was looking for any valid evidence that there was a God. See, I wanted there to be a God, and I still want there to be a God. But there is absolutely no rational evidence of God. Fact is, there are psychological explanations as to why many people simply need a God.

Now these years later I still want to believe in God, any God. I so wish I could. I can see the comfort a God can give. I can see where "standing in his light" after we leave this earth would be very reassuring. But I can't force myself to put credence in what is essentially non-existent or imagined evidence. I guess my rational thinking supercedes my desire to concoct some superior, benevolent entity. I actually envy you, but I can't go along with you.

Well, let me just say this. You don't get like me unless God has given you powerful evidence for His reality. Slam Dunk evidence. Everybody here thinks I'm a loose cannon. Of course when you hear stories of the Serpent in the garden. That seems so over the top that few could ever accept it. Yet I could tell you stories of my encounters with Christ that would prove equally over the top. I have been on this earth for over 60 years and I can tell you. The Jesus Christ of the Bible is the real God. And the Serpent in the garden was His arch enemy, and still is. And in fact, I have had a number of encounters with his people as well. This is not some make believe story I am speaking about. I don't make up stories about God. Especially when I know I will have to stand before Him sometime in the not to distant future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality