Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 10:56 PM

33,575 posts, read 37,205,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The fossil shows a snake with rear legs. THOSE ARE THE FACTS. The Bible stated that snakes did not always crawl on their belly. THAT IS A FACT AS WELL. Only in recent times has fossil evidence revealed that snakes once had legs. Now if you want to ignore those facts. Then you must ignore both science, and the Bible. Because science and the Bible are both telling us the samething. The assumption of time, is not the question. The real question here is. Is there evidence that would suggest that snakes did not always crawl on their belly?
No, you are wrong...Science has known for a long time that snakes once had legs...The first of the modern terrestrial snakes to appear seem to have been relatives of the living boas and pythons. These were large heavy-bodied snakes with a rather primitive and heavy skull structure. The living boas and pythons all have tiny clawlike toes protruding from either side of their cloaca--these are the remnants of the legs that their ancestors once had, and are thus an evolutionary relic tying the snakes directly to their lizard ancestors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 10:56 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,981,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
Yes. And you never answered my question.

Do snakes talk?

I have personally heard the voice of God speak to me out of thin air. Ghost hunters display strange voices on their recorders. And those voices often answer questions put to them. I personally believe that in the garden, Eve was able to communicate with the Serpent.

Of course 50 years ago if someone had asked if snakes once had legs. They would of been laught at. However today we know that some did.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:00 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,513,169 times
Quote:
I have personally heard the voice of God speak to me out of thin air. Ghost hunters display strange voices on their recorders. And those voices often answer questions put to them. I personally believe that in the garden, Eve was able to communicate with the Serpent.

Of course 50 years ago if someone had asked if snakes once had legs. They would of been laught at. However today we know that some did.
How do you distinguish between your beliefs and the disorganized ramblings of a madman?

How do you know you are not severely mentally ill?

Old 11-30-2010, 11:00 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,129,715 times
Quote:

And I was taught that snakes once had legs over 40 years ago. But you apparently weren't.

But, do they talk?

Old 11-30-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:

Good grief, how can you be so obstinate...Some snakes alive today actually have short hind limbs with toes....This has been known for a lot longer than fifty years.

7,628 posts, read 10,981,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, you are wrong...Science has known for a long time that snakes once had legs...The first of the modern terrestrial snakes to appear seem to have been relatives of the living boas and pythons. These were large heavy-bodied snakes with a rather primitive and heavy skull structure. The living boas and pythons all have tiny clawlike toes protruding from either side of their cloaca--these are the remnants of the legs that their ancestors once had, and are thus an evolutionary relic tying the snakes directly to their lizard ancestors.

What do you consider a long time?

50 years? 100 years? Maybe 200 years? The Bible tells us snakes did not always crawl on their belly. And it stated this over 3,000 years ago. What science can you point to, that dates back that far sanspeur? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
How do you distinguish between your beliefs and the disorganized ramblings of a madman?

How do you know you are not severely mentally ill?
You may have answered the question yourself.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:04 PM

Oh please, Campbell, tell me. You still have not answered the question.

Do snakes talk?

Old 11-30-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
And what proof can you offer that these fossils are really 90 million years old? I see people throwing out numbers like this all the time. Yet you know such numbers are based on assumptions only. Why do you keep suggesting they are facts? And your ministry of truth, suggesting they have the inside track on accurate fossil time is more of a joke then real science. Their numbers have been all over the charts, and they only agree on one. When it suits their fancy. I could do better by spinning the bottle.
Wrong again, but what else is new? Assumptions indeed.
It has been known since the 1960s that the famous Cretaceous-Tertiary boundary, the line marking the end of the dinosaurs, was 65 million years old. Repeated recalibrations and retests, using ever more sophisticated techniques and equipment, cannot shift that date. It is accurate to within a few thousand years. With modern, extremely precise, methods, error bars are often only 1% or so.

Please learn about modern dating methods...There are many used on the same fossil to check for accuracy.

Accuracy of Fossils and Dating Methods (ActionBioscience)

Old 11-30-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
What do you consider a long time?

50 years? 100 years? Maybe 200 years? The Bible tells us snakes did not always crawl on their belly. And it stated this over 3,000 years ago. What science can you point to, that dates back that far sanspeur? LOL
So what...I'm sure snakes back then also had observable remnants of hind legs, but there is no way a snake could walk only three thousand years ago...Perhaps those ignorant camel herders mistook a monitor lizard for a snake...In any case it proves nothing about your myth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality