Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2010, 01:46 PM

7,080 posts, read 12,383,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Just become silly? It was goofy from the beginning....
It gets even goofier when one realizes that the OT reference to upright walking snakes comes from ancient Sumer and ancient Egypt. The Sumerians believed that some of their Gods were reptilian looking extraterrestrials.

Google Image Result for http://ancientaliens.5u.com/images/sumerian_goddess_figurine_ubaid_period_5000bc.jpg

What C-34 and many other Christians fail to realize is that the bible was NEVER really talking about actual snakes. The bible was talking about beings like the one depicted above. Even spookier is the fact that alleged alien encounters with reptilian looking beings are still reported today. Funny how this "walking-talking snake" phenomenon found its way into the Genesis document of the OT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 02:02 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,150,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
it gets even goofier when one realizes that the ot reference to upright walking snakes comes from ancient sumer and ancient egypt. The sumerians believed that some of their gods were reptilian looking extraterrestrials.

google image result for http://ancientaliens.5u.com/images/sumerian_goddess_figurine_ubaid_period_5000bc.jpg

what c-34 and many other christians fail to realize is that the bible was never really talking about actual snakes. The bible was talking about beings like the one depicted above. Even spookier is the fact that alleged alien encounters with reptilian looking beings are still reported today. Funny how this "walking-talking snake" phenomenon found its way into the genesis document of the ot.:d

this thread has jumped the shark people!!!!!

Old 11-29-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
this thread has jumped the shark people!!!!!
This thread did that on the first page.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:51 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,853,380 times
Quote:
This thread did that on the first page.

As well as this page.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
As well as this page.
So, I'm guessing you're not familiar with ancient Sumer and the culture's popular depiction of the reptilian God... Whether this "reptilian God" is real or not isn't the issue. The issue here is that C-34's upright walking-talking snake comes from THIS culture. I posted picture evidence of this fact. Therefore, this thread about 100 million year old snake fossils is moot. The snake fossils has NOTHING to do with the snake-man of the OT.

Now, whether or not there is some truth behind this reptilian God is a topic to be debated on another thread (unless C-34 would like to debate that on this thread).

Old 11-29-2010, 03:24 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,853,380 times
That shark just keeps jumping.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:28 PM

33,603 posts, read 37,245,373 times
Quote:
Translation: I have nothing intelligent to add to urbancharlotte's newly presented facts.
Facts? What facts?

Old 11-29-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Facts? What facts?
It is a fact that the talking snake-man has its origins in ancient Sumer. Now, is this proof that a walking-talking snake man is real? NO!!! However, it is proof that a 100 million year old fossil has NOTHING to do with the story in the OT. The OT's snake man has its origins in Sumer. Do YOU disagree with this fact?

If you don't believe me, take a good look at the 7,000 year old figurine in the first post of this page. Clearly, the bible was talking about this 7,000 year old snake man (not a 100 million year old snake man). Whether this snake man is real or not is a debate for another thread IMO. I'm just telling all of you where the snake man in the OT originated from.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:40 PM

33,603 posts, read 37,245,373 times
Quote:
It is a fact that the talking snake-man has its origins in ancient Sumer. Now, is this proof that a walking-talking snake man is real? NO!!! However, it is proof that a 100 million year old fossil has NOTHING to do with the story in the OT. The OT's snake man has its origins in Sumer. Do YOU disagree with this fact?

If you don't believe me, take a good look at the 7,000 year old figurine in the first post of this page. Clearly, the bible was talking about this 7,000 year old snake man (not a 100 million year old snake man). Whether this snake man is real or not is a debate for another thread IMO. I'm just telling all of you where the snake man in the OT originated from.
I'm not disputing the myths that ancient peoples believed, but do you believe that this Sumner reptilian alien was myth or fact? I suspect you think it's fact judging from your other posts.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:42 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,150,434 times
Quote:

Google Image Result for http://ancientaliens.5u.com/images/sumerian_goddess_figurine_ubaid_period_5000bc.jpg

What C-34 and many other Christians fail to realize is that the bible was NEVER really talking about actual snakes. The bible was talking about beings like the one depicted above. Even spookier is the fact that alleged alien encounters with reptilian looking beings are still reported today. Funny how this "walking-talking snake" phenomenon found its way into the Genesis document of the OT.

I think the issue is this statement. Not the origins of the walking talking snake mythos. Snake like beings and alien encounters?

Fonzie is revving his engine again I can hear it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality