Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 07:40 AM

290 posts, read 388,511 times

Advertisements

Probably one of the reasons why Christmas was so quiet this year, as it has been for quite a few.

I'm not Christian and I'm not religious. However, it angers me that Christian and even Pagan traditions in Britain are being ignored and stepped on by both non-Christians and those who are afraid of offending non-Christians. This reduction in the number of Christians in Britain is a huge contributing factor to Britain's dying heritage.

The younger generation of Christians - at least all those that I have known during 10 years in Christian schooling - are incredibly tolerant and embracing of other beliefs, faiths and religions. They also have strong values and principles of their own and help their local communities (as do non-Christians). These are amazing Christians to have in your environment. I would most definitely prefer having these Christians around me than individuals like the famous atheist Richard Dawkins who seems intolerant of religion and yet cannot prove that God doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 10:39 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidrAkirE View Post
Probably one of the reasons why Christmas was so quiet this year, as it has been for quite a few.

I'm not Christian and I'm not religious. However, it angers me that Christian and even Pagan traditions in Britain are being ignored and stepped on by both non-Christians and those who are afraid of offending non-Christians. This reduction in the number of Christians in Britain is a huge contributing factor to Britain's dying heritage.

The younger generation of Christians - at least all those that I have known during 10 years in Christian schooling - are incredibly tolerant and embracing of other beliefs, faiths and religions. They also have strong values and principles of their own and help their local communities (as do non-Christians). These are amazing Christians to have in your environment. I would most definitely prefer having these Christians around me than individuals like the famous atheist Richard Dawkins who seems intolerant of religion and yet cannot prove that God doesn't exist.
Dawkins lives up to the adage that a pig is still a pig with a load of lipstick on. Education does not help sell idiocy away. Dick is one of the most leading examples As Sarko would arrogantly say, "Imbecile!".

Old 12-26-2010, 10:48 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Dawkins lives up to the adage that a pig is still a pig with a load of lipstick on. Education does not help sell idiocy away. Dick is one of the most leading examples As Sarko would arrogantly say, "Imbecile!".
No one besides yourself believes you are smarter than Dawkins, or that Dawkins isn't bright.

You're attack isn't successful because it isn't credible.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:54 AM

When you pick on the cult leader, the cult followers rise up in arms.

Tony's Scoresheet:

Who's next? And I wonder if anyone wants to deny that over the years, ole Ritchie just built his cult and has a loyal following, 85% of whom are clueless about the subject at hand. Science and biology left the building long ago. I'm fine I guess as long as Dawkins doesn't incite his cultists to start attacking theists. It's a crazy world we live in

Old 12-26-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
When you pick on the cult leader, the cult followers rise up in arms.

Tony's Scoresheet:

Who's next? And I wonder if anyone wants to deny that over the years, ole Ritchie just built his cult and has a loyal following, 85% of whom are clueless about the subject at hand. Science and biology left the building long ago. I'm fine I guess as long as Dawkins doesn't incite his cultists to start attacking theists. It's a crazy world we live in
Don't get upset Tony, everything is gonna be fine. But you're now included as one of the under-educated masses who is suspicious of science. This week it's evolution you're attacking, next week you can tell us your theories on crop-circles. Maybe you can show us how to divine water with a bent stick?(Is your evolution adviser is the same source that was telling you Muslims will have reversed colonized Britain in the next decade?)

But you're right. despite the fact that's I've never read a book by Dawkins, never heard him speak, and only have a brief understanding of his background, he is my cult leader. But at least our cult doesn't require us to cut the skin off our children's penis, which is more than I can say for yours.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:36 AM

Also, you're cult leaders wear funny hats.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Also, you're cult leaders wear funny hats.
Am I supposed to get offended now? By the way, Box, give that quote back to Bill Maher

Old 12-26-2010, 06:39 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
No one besides yourself believes you are smarter than Dawkins, or that Dawkins isn't bright.

You're attack isn't successful because it isn't credible.
Dawkins is incredibly smart/bright, and rich in intellect...but destitute in wisdom and perception.

His left brain is like the first stage booster on the space shuttle...his right brain is like the motor driving the fan in this laptop.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:15 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
In general, they're fine. But there's a bunch of them that try to ruin everything for the rest of us (and manage to besmirch the reputation of all christians in the process)
But that is not exclusive of Christians. That is true for people in general; in any large group, there are some that are fine and there are some that try to ruin everything for others. But true Christians don't do that.

Quote:
Since that type seems to be more prevalent in the USA than anywhere else, I am glad to see that enlightenment is slowly advancing, and that religious beliefs are decreasing. It can only improve things in the world to have fewer people that rely on false beliefs.
False beliefs? Who says they are false? And who decides that?

Old 12-26-2010, 10:17 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,824,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar overkill View Post
maybe not too big of an imbecile.

http://www.natcen.ac.uk/media/606622...tionnaires.pdf

go to page 70.
bs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality