Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 06:44 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,605 times

Advertisements

if you died and you found out that the spiritual realm was not yet quite in your grasp,and you had to be reincarnated into the temporary material plane once again.what if purity and perfection have to be attained before we enter the eternal realm,and what if it takes a lot longer than you think,not saying that it cant be done in one lifetime but that could be a very very rare thing...............i know most of you dont/wont beleive in reincarnation,but just lets say for now that- right!!! what if this is real....how would it make you feel.

Last edited by dobeable; 02-07-2011 at 07:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 06:58 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
if you died and you found out that the spiritual realm was not yet quite in your grasp,and you had to be reincarnated into the temporary material plane once again.what if purity and perfection have to be attained before we enter the eternal realm,and what if it takes a lot longer than you think,not saying that it cant be done in one lifetime but that could be a very very rare thing...............i know most of you dont/wont beleive in reincarnation,but just lets say for now that right what if this is real....how would it make you feel.

For me it is very likely that in some manner like that may be what is in store for me. It doesn't bother me, things will be what they are and whatever comes I will have to deal with it.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
For me it is very likely that in some manner like that may be what is in store for me. It doesn't bother me, things will be what they are and whatever comes I will have to deal with it.
yeah i feel the same as you and i dont think its anything to fear either,as a preist from school once said to me once''you didnt fear coming into the world,why should you fear leaving it'',any way he was a catholic preist,but it made sense to me,not at the time,i was only 14 didnt think much about it, but later on kinda stuck with me.

also i remeber hearing that when we leave the body we can glance back at a few lifetimes,its only when we take birth we forget of our last birth,so when we are born again into another body at the time it will be all we know,so you wont even remember that you said,your goin to deal with it and youl just get on with it.

re-incarnation happens even in this lifetime,it is the transmigration of the soul from one body to another,every seven years all the cells in your body will have died and been renewed,but it is still you in there,even though the body you have when you die is a completely different one from the one you had when you were born,it is still you experiencing,enjoying and suffering,you the soul,and that soul(you)is eternal and always has been,cant be destroyed bye anything and is transcendental and full of bliss and knowledge,it is only our attachment to material nature that binds us to the body,thus creating illusion,and karma,making us ignorant to the real self which is eternaly full of ecstatic bliss.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:28 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
if you died and you found out that the spiritual realm was not yet quite in your grasp,and you had to be reincarnated into the temporary material plane once again.what if purity and perfection have to be attained before we enter the eternal realm,and what if it takes a lot longer than you think,not saying that it cant be done in one lifetime but that could be a very very rare thing...............i know most of you dont/wont beleive in reincarnation,but just lets say for now that- right!!! what if this is real....how would it make you feel.
But what is the point of being reincarnated ?, to me it would never bring about perfection or anything close to perfection,if it's true, who do we know that has attained purity and perfection by reincarnation.

I believe perfection has been attained it's just not fully manifested yet. God is a faith God, and when he see's you and i he see's us perfected. He calls the things that are not as though they were . Romans 4:17 . Faith alone in how God see's us is transforming. Renewing our mind by faith to how he see's us is a great starting point too in growing in the grace and knowledge of him.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:36 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Honestly, I can't really say how I'd react to that concept, but I do believe there is an intermediate state between life on Earth and life in Heaven. I don't believe anyone goes directly to Heaven when he dies but continues to exist in a spirit state until Christ's Second Coming. I believe that we are fully cognizant during this period of time and can make decisions that will impact our eternal destiny. You might say that's a variation on the scenario you've presented.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But what is the point of being reincarnated ?, to me it would never bring about perfection or anything close to perfection,if it's true, who do we know that has attained purity and perfection by reincarnation.
its not the reincarnation that brings perfection,reincarnation is just birth,no-one becomes perfect bye being born,but rather how they live their lives,Jesus said be perfect,so if ths is immpossible to do then why would Jesus have said it,do you think someone who has impurities can be eligible for the kingdom of God?or do we need to find perfection in our lives,living without sin,and how pure/deep does the rabbit hole go,do you know anyone who is of pure,if not then how do we even know what a pure person does,how he speaks,ho he behaves and interacts with others?if we cant find a pure person and learn from them how to be pure then hat chance do we have in becoming pure?

one little thing about christianity that i just couldnt buy into was the preaching that jesus'done what he done(died on a cross) now we are all goin to heaven.even if the oppositles beleived it themselves and wrote things down,i still dont buy it that we have a skapegoat for sinning,i beleive somethi mystical did happen that day,im not too sure exactly what it was ,but i beleive that if a man diers with sin then and desires for material pleasure,then he will be accountable for it,and have to live out those desires/what we reap so shall we sow!!!!reincarnation is the only way that this can work,and it is a perfect system,,why do we have so many suffering??,if this is our only life then God would give everyone the same chance in life,some people are living out hell right here right now,and thats excluding the animal species!

there is one bible verse that comes to mind on this,''he who is first will be last ,and he who is last will be first'',also i think there is a verse in their somewhere saying about king david(could be wrong about the name),who was another king in another life.

emporer constantine was the one who decided hat boks went into the ible and there meant to be philosophys and books written about this subject back in the times of Jesus,anyway everyoe will beleive what they want to beleive and im fine with that,as long as they dont threaten me with you know what,and tell me i need to be saved from my devil worshiping ways

Old 02-07-2011, 11:09 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
its not the reincarnation that brings perfection,reincarnation is just birth,no-one becomes perfect bye being born,but rather how they live their lives,Jesus said be perfect,so if ths is immpossible to do then why would Jesus have said it,do you think someone who has impurities can be eligible for the kingdom of God?or do we need to find perfection in our lives,living without sin,and how pure/deep does the rabbit hole go,do you know anyone who is of pure,if not then how do we even know what a pure person does,how he speaks,ho he behaves and interacts with others?if we cant find a pure person and learn from them how to be pure then hat chance do we have in becoming pure?

one little thing about christianity that i just couldnt buy into was the preaching that jesus'done what he done(died on a cross) now we are all goin to heaven.even if the oppositles beleived it themselves and wrote things down,i still dont buy it that we have a skapegoat for sinning,i beleive somethi mystical did happen that day,im not too sure exactly what it was ,but i beleive that if a man diers with sin then and desires for material pleasure,then he will be accountable for it,and have to live out those desires/what we reap so shall we sow!!!!reincarnation is the only way that this can work,and it is a perfect system,,why do we have so many suffering??,if this is our only life then God would give everyone the same chance in life,some people are living out hell right here right now,and thats excluding the animal species!

there is one bible verse that comes to mind on this,''he who is first will be last ,and he who is last will be first'',also i think there is a verse in their somewhere saying about king david(could be wrong about the name),who was another king in another life.

emporer constantine was the one who decided hat boks went into the ible and there meant to be philosophys and books written about this subject back in the times of Jesus,anyway everyoe will beleive what they want to beleive and im fine with that,as long as they dont threaten me with you know what,and tell me i need to be saved from my devil worshiping ways
Well Lee i have a clear conscience through being God conscious and not sin conscious. As a man thinks in his heart so is he. Whatever you believe rules you. I'm not on my knees daily begging Jesus to forgive me because i'm a sinner, i bow daily in my heart and acknowledge that he is made unto me my righteousness, holiness and redemption.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Honestly, I can't really say how I'd react to that concept, but I do believe there is an intermediate state between life on Earth and life in Heaven. I don't believe anyone goes directly to Heaven when he dies but continues to exist in a spirit state until Christ's Second Coming. I believe that we are fully cognizant during this period of time and can make decisions that will impact our eternal destiny. You might say that's a variation on the scenario you've presented.
always get an honest answer from you katzpur,i think there are alot of beings stuck in the ghost world,hey are at an unmanifested stage,and are floating around in subtle bodys rather than gross material body's,but i beleive they are waiting for their next life,could be on any one of those innumerable planets.

reincarnation is an evolutionary process through consioussness,some are going up and some are going down,those evil beings that live now in the human form might not get another human form for a long time,they dont deserve it and only cause destruction towards their fellow men,and out of an act of mercy and punishment God puts them into the body's of animals.the pious attain the heavenly planets,we are on one of the middle planetary system's,and their are hellish planets,for demons,all are temporary,but these human forms are considered to be the most precious,because the balance here is just right for spiritual growth,on the heavenly planets their is too much pleasure,on the hellish planets,too much pain,but here on earth.. mmm just right,lol,i was thinkin of goldilocks.these bodys are the gateways to the eternal spiritual sky,the ultimate goal of life!

Old 02-07-2011, 11:12 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,184,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well Lee i have a clear conscience through being God conscious and not sin conscious. As a man thinks in his heart so is he. Whatever you believe rules you. I'm not on my knees daily begging Jesus to forgive me because i'm a sinner, i bow in my heart and acknowledge that he is made unto me my righteousness, holiness and redemption.
Spot on, dude - couldn't rep but would've.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:23 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,887,255 times
Quote:

I would not be a happy camper if confronted with that scenario. It would be like "Oh Nooooooo!...Not again!!!
Do I have to go back there
???"

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality