Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 04:02 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,225,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
Ok, I am tired of the back and forth, back and forth debate about what exists and what doesn't. How about, we all just back off and leave it be. If someone wants to believe in God(s), let them. If they want to believe in any form of religion, let them.

Same goes for atheists and agnostics, if they don't want to believe in anything, let them. This world would be a lot better off if everyone would just keep their d**n views to themselves.

Sure discuss them on forums and such. Atheists, when someone posts a thread with a question about religion, unless you are of that religion or understand it, stay off it. Don't turn that persons post into your personal debate.

Same goes for religious people, if an atheist posts a question about atheism or there not being a God, leave it alone.

If someone posts an open thread that questions both sides then fine, its fair game. Just don't bash someones ideas. Post your piece, and leave others alone.

Atheists, I want to know what you have against someone believing in something supernatural?

Religious zealots, I want to know why you care if someone chooses not to believe in your religion?

Well, since a number of atheists believe in the supernatural themselves, I don't think they have anything against it. As an atheist myself, I don't even have anything against those who believe in gods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 06:03 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,557,329 times
Quote:

Atheists, I want to know what you have against someone believing in something supernatural?
Nothing, as long as the treat it like their (censored) bits they have at the junction of their legs. Keep it private, keep it out of sight, and force it on no one.

But they don't, they pull it out all to frequently, they wave it around like a flag, or attempt to use it as a badge of righteous or superiority, which it clearly isn't.

They attempt to impose their beliefs, beliefs based solely on a fantasy with no evidence to support their position. We have laws based on religious beliefs that attempt to control everyone, regardless of their of belief, or even the lack of, and without resistance they would impose more restrictive laws based solely on their belief system, still absolutely void of reason. They attempt, and sadly with a bit of success to mandate that the fantasies associated their beliefs be taught to every child, regardless of beliefs or lack of, as factual science, with no evidence at all. The only difference between the repressive muslim societies, and christians in this country, is that the muslim's have had greater success, and as long as I have a voice, I will strive to keep it that way.

I have no problem at all with what anyone does with their religion, nor their (censored) bits between their legs, in private, but when pulled out into society and it's laws, then I have something against their fantasies, I mean beliefs.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:20 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,235,780 times
According to your post #20 it sounds like you came here on a mission and are dissatisfied already that you don't seem to be accomplishing much.
Which brings me to why forums like this one are interesting.
Let someone 'talk' long enough and they will reveal a lot of the 'whys' behind their behaviors and beliefs....even if they aren't aware of it themselves.
To learn why people do what they do and act as they do is the best learning experience there is and can help you discover the most important thing....why you act as you do.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:50 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,698,570 times
Quote:
Ok, I am tired of the back and forth, back and forth debate about what exists and what doesn't. How about, we all just back off and leave it be. If someone wants to believe in God(s), let them. If they want to believe in any form of religion, let them.

Same goes for atheists and agnostics, if they don't want to believe in anything, let them. This world would be a lot better off if everyone would just keep their d**n views to themselves.

Sure discuss them on forums and such. Atheists, when someone posts a thread with a question about religion, unless you are of that religion or understand it, stay off it. Don't turn that persons post into your personal debate.

Same goes for religious people, if an atheist posts a question about atheism or there not being a God, leave it alone.

If someone posts an open thread that questions both sides then fine, its fair game. Just don't bash someones ideas. Post your piece, and leave others alone.

Religious zealots, I want to know why you care if someone chooses not to believe in your religion?
This topic doesn't exist. It's all in your head

Old 03-02-2011, 06:52 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,698,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Nothing, as long as the treat it like their (censored) bits they have at the junction of their legs. Keep it private, keep it out of sight, and force it on no one.

But they don't, they pull it out all to frequently, they wave it around like a flag, or attempt to use it as a badge of righteous or superiority, which it clearly isn't.

They attempt to impose their beliefs, beliefs based solely on a fantasy with no evidence to support their position. We have laws based on religious beliefs that attempt to control everyone, regardless of their of belief, or even the lack of, and without resistance they would impose more restrictive laws based solely on their belief system, still absolutely void of reason. They attempt, and sadly with a bit of success to mandate that the fantasies associated their beliefs be taught to every child, regardless of beliefs or lack of, as factual science, with no evidence at all. The only difference between the repressive muslim societies, and christians in this country, is that the muslim's have had greater success, and as long as I have a voice, I will strive to keep it that way.

I have no problem at all with what anyone does with their religion, nor their (censored) bits between their legs, in private, but when pulled out into society and it's laws, then I have something against their fantasies, I mean beliefs.
But you're free to do so--because you do NOT believe, eh?

I like agnostics. It's the atheists I have trouble with. The people who are so da*n certain of themselves.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:15 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,355,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
According to your post #20 it sounds like you came here on a mission and are dissatisfied already that you don't seem to be accomplishing much.
Which brings me to why forums like this one are interesting.
Let someone 'talk' long enough and they will reveal a lot of the 'whys' behind their behaviors and beliefs....even if they aren't aware of it themselves.
To learn why people do what they do and act as they do is the best learning experience there is and can help you discover the most important thing....why you act as you do.
Nope, no real mission on here. I came here to prob, learn, challenge and observe. Go over all my posts, you will see that I am mostly in the middle with most things. Why? Because I am open minded and want to know what every side is like. I go back and forth on some of the threads here so much, I am sure it confuses some people. I like to throw in a curve ball to see how people react.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:23 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,877,763 times
Quote:
I am in the middle, I believe that every opinion can be true at the same time. Every religion can be true at the same time. A personal belief is simply that, personal. No amount of bashing is going to change a persons mind, in most cases it will only solidify their beliefs.

I have posted several topics to see what the reactions would be. They were just as I thought they would be. Judgmental and not one person would be open minded to either side being right. No amount of evidence or lack of evidence will change either side.

You would think that logic (based of what another poster said) would make us see that we cannot change another persons beliefs. You would think that reason would kick in and we would just leave each other be. But no, both sides have to be right.

If you notice in my posts, I am very much in the middle. I wouldn't say I don't know what to believe. I would say that my beliefs are so beyond what anyone could understand that they only pertain to me. Maybe one day someone will share the same set of beliefs that I do.

OK, there are "Beliefs", "knowledge" and "correct opinion". They are not co-relative terms. There are also, however, "unfounded notions" that seem to crop up from time to time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality