Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2014, 02:29 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,714,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
God exists outside of time and space. He exists in Eternity and Infinity. We can't even conceive Infinity or Eternity. We are like ants in an ant farm that can only understand what we can see, touch, feel and smell inside the confines of our glass. We can't even comprehend what exists outside the glass.
If we cannot comprehend God, then how do you know that he's not evil and simply deceiving you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 02:31 PM

16,427 posts, read 22,262,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The part with words.
You guys have such useless responses. Give me an example of an untruth in the Bible so I can respond to it.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
If we cannot comprehend God, then how do you know that he's not evil and simply deceiving you?
I judge Him by His works as He instructed us to do. He has been very gracious, forgiving, merciful, provident and ever faithful to me. I have been blessed beyond measure. God is love.

There is an absolutely evil spirit that rules this world and deceives mankind. He hates man and wants to see us destroyed. Most of humanity follows this evil being. He is not God, but he wants to be worshipped as God.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:38 PM

6,321 posts, read 4,344,712 times
Quote:
You guys have such useless responses. Give me an example of an untruth in the Bible so I can respond to it.
Heh, the whole Noah's Ark story ... BIG untruth. It is a fable. A story. It even reads like one.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Heh, the whole Noah's Ark story ... BIG untruth. It is a fable. A story. It even reads like one.
Do you also believe the flood to be a myth?

Old 02-16-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I judge Him by His works as He instructed us to do. He has been very gracious, forgiving, merciful, provident and ever faithful to me. I have been blessed beyond measure. God is love.

There is an absolutely evil spirit that rules this world and deceives mankind. He hates man and wants to see us destroyed. Most of humanity follows this evil being. He is not God, but he wants to be worshipped as God.
Perhaps this is where I say that if God exists, the God of the Bible, then Christians have been hoodwinked into worshiping Satan and who they perceive as Satan is actually God. Wow, wouldn't that be the best lie in all of human history?

Because there is no way ... no ... way ... that the God Christians claim is good ... is good. He simply isn't. Anyone who thinks "God's" actions are just, fair, and merciful truly have warped morals. Wiping out entire cities in a petulant fit of rage is something Satan would do, demanding love and worship is something Satan would do. Sentencing people to Hell is something Satan would do (and why not since Satan would love more souls in Hell wouldn't he?).

It isn't something an omni-benevolent God would do. Not by a long shot. Not even on his worst day. No.

So if anyone hates Man, it is the God you THINK is Yahweh ... but really isn't.

How's that for a mind bender?

Old 02-16-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Do you also believe the flood to be a myth?
I believe that there were large regional floods. For instance, the portal collapse between the Atlantic and the Mediterranean or when the portal at the Dardanelles collapsed and the Mediterranean flooded the Black Sea basin. They would have been large enough to make it seem to the survivors that the "whole world" flooded, and stories from such a disaster would have naturally spread around to different places, with each culture adding its own characters and events to the story until it became more myth than real.

But do I think there was a magical flood that caused it to rain over a thousand inches per day for 40 days everywhere in the world so that even Mt. Everest was covered up? No ... that is purely fanciful myth.

And of course there is no possible way for Noah to have crammed all of those animals onto a 450 foot-long ark. You couldn't even do that with a modern-day 1500 foot long, 300,000 ton supertanker.

Last edited by Shirina; 02-16-2014 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: My first post floated away in a flood.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:50 PM

64,112 posts, read 40,415,165 times
Quote:
Interesting. Perhaps you can explain something for me then. Why does he want to be worshiped as God? What is the payoff? What does he get out of it? What does it do for him?

Old 02-16-2014, 02:51 PM

20,257 posts, read 13,654,882 times
Quote:

Why glorify Satan like that? Why does most of humanity follow Satan? Why doesn't god rule?

Old 02-16-2014, 03:03 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,612,272 times
Quote:
What part of the Bible is not true?
Uhhhh 95%+ of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality