Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 11:57 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Just another poster with;

No listening to reason, full of their own delusions of self importance and righteousness. Another waste of time.

Then explain to me why you are wasting your time reading it?

Peace.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:00 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The fact that humans only exist on earth alone....
How does he know this????

Old 07-18-2011, 12:07 PM

Motion is another way to prove God to yourself. We know there is motion in the world, whatever is in motion is moved by another thing. This other thing must be moved by some force. To avoid infinte regression, we have to have a " First Mover", which is God. Only a very great Power can stop infinite regression and produce a true orgin in our conscious search for understanding.

Peace.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:13 PM

67 posts, read 56,818 times
Quote:
The fact that humans only exist on earth alone is proof of God and creation! Its simply proof that Life is a " Closed System" in our Universe, more proof of design. Human life is not exchangable in our system, our backwater system is the only planet that has ever had life. Human life has existed only once, on this planet, THATS A CLEAR CHOICE MADE, and that choice was made by God.
LMAO! You have absolutely NO IDEA if this is true.

Moreover, there is pretty strong evidence that water existed on mars, and the existenec of water is strong evidence for existenec of life. If life existed on Mars at one time, do we now have an Earth God and a Mars God? What kind of acid must one drop to conjure this stuff up and accept it?

Old 07-18-2011, 12:15 PM

67 posts, read 56,818 times
Quote:
Motion is another way to prove God to yourself. We know there is motion in the world, whatever is in motion is moved by another thing. This other thing must be moved by some force. To avoid infinte regression, we have to have a " First Mover", which is God. Only a very great Power can stop infinite regression and produce a true orgin in our conscious search for understanding.
And how do we understand the laws of physics which prohibit motion without some cause? THANKS TO SCIENCE!!!!!

You apparently think we should respect the laws that science has discovered over the centuries, but further insist that we complete disregard the scientific processes that got us here in an effort to conjure up a "God".

Again, you're a walking, talking irony machine. You're why comedians are rich.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:56 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
The fact that humans only exist on earth alone is proof of God and creation! Its simply proof that Life is a " Closed System" in our Universe, more proof of design. Human life is not exchangable in our system, our backwater system is the only planet that has ever had life. Human life has existed only once, on this planet, THATS A CLEAR CHOICE MADE, and that choice was made by God.

Peace.
Well I can't begin to challenge you on this because I'am obviously out of my league.

I will say earth has never, in all probabillity, has never been a closed system. When would this closed system have occured? Before or after the Asteroid Belt formation. No it's never been closed and thermal-proof visitors have made in and continue to make it in via meteors etc. These visitors have undoubtedly affected earth...the earth is not sterile.

Anyway you have proof of God. Now what? What actions do you take? And how interested is God in your daily living? Are you more of a moral person since you have proof (BIG BROTHER is watching you)?

Old 07-18-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Well I can't begin to challenge you on this because I'am obviously out of my league.

I will say earth has never, in all probabillity, has never been a closed system. When would this closed system have occured? Before or after the Asteroid Belt formation. No it's never been closed and thermal-proof visitors have made in and continue to make it in via meteors etc. These visitors have undoubtedly affected earth...the earth is not sterile.

Anyway you have proof of God. Now what? What actions do you take? And how interested is God in your daily living? Are you more of a moral person since you have proof (BIG BROTHER is watching you)?

Understanding I have more proof of God, has not changed my daily living, or my morals. I don't know how interested God is in me. The proof has not affected my living in a drastic manner. Only my thinking, my consciousness has been drastically affected.

And listen, the Universe is " All matter and energy", how could it be an open system? If the Universe is " Everything", how can there be somethingelse out there to provide more matter and Energy?

Peace.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:01 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
Quote:
If the Universe is " Everything", how can there be somethingelse out there to provide more matter and Energy?
Who says there has to be?

Old 07-18-2011, 05:44 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Then explain to me why you are wasting your time reading it?

Peace.
its comical

Old 07-19-2011, 01:01 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godservant View Post
you winn
have a great day
bless
I did not realise there was a competition on to "win". You merely said something that was wrong and I corrected you. As such it is YOU that wins because you learned something new and got rid of something wrong and old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality