Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 06:06 PM

12 posts, read 11,834 times

Advertisements

Maybe Jesus needs to be reincarnated. If there is no $$, they can plant a tree there, or install a perkbench with a plaque in remembreance of Jesus. We can rebuild him. We have the erector set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 06:33 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,517,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAHmo View Post
sign for Christian how Jesus is son of god why the father did not protect the Statue of his son [glory to god from this description] but the People do not tie the events there is ayah in the quran made me tie the events ALLAH gth said [ Corruption has appeared throughout the land and sea by [reason of] what the hands of people have earned so He may let them taste part of [the consequence of] what they have done that perhaps they will return [to righteousness].Say, [O Muhammad], "Travel through the land and observe how was the end of those before. Most of them were associators [of others with Allah ]. chiefly, in this section [ .Say, [O Muhammad], "Travel through the land and observe how was the end of those before. Most of them were associators [of others with Allah ] After that, started search for more places in which disasters Most of them were associators [of others with Allah ].also this is the biggest sign that quran is from god watch please this video
Big Butter Jesus
My take on it is that THOR the god of Thunder (and lighting) has grown tired of the non-believers and decided to send a message that the Norse gods are the true and only gods to be worshiped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or....it could just be a freak accident.......maybe..

Old 12-29-2011, 06:53 PM

12 posts, read 11,834 times
[quote=ashkarloveALLAHmo;22303391]sign for Christian how Jesus is son of god why the father did not protect the Statue of his son [glory to god from this description] but the People do not tie the events there is ayah in the quran made me tie the events ALLAH gth said [ Corruption has appeared throughout the land and sea by [reason of] what the hands of people have earned so He may let them taste part of [the consequence of] what they have done that perhaps they will return [to righteousness].Say, [O Muhammad], "Travel through the land and observe how was the end of those before. Most of them were associators [of others with Allah ]. chiefly, in this section [ .Say, [O Muhammad], "Travel through the land and observe how was the end of those before. Most of them were associators [of others with Allah ] After that, started search for more places in which disasters Most of them were associators [of others with Allah ].also this is the biggest sign that quran is from god watch please this video

No statues, no icons. No icons, you might as well make it illigal to spell his name, as it is too much of a representation of him. THe digital patterns that make up the name "Jesus" is erecting too much of a likeness of him. Do not love the idea of him because a likeness of him brought on the thought of him. God forbid. That is a law of the Prophets.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:35 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,747,277 times
allah and muhammad together cant protect mosques against explosives

Mosque Destroyed - YouTube

mosque destroyed in gaza

Raw Video: Churches Burn in Egypt Violence - YouTube

mosques, churches, statues have no power!! they are works created by man..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4JpiNtuOzo

god could give a_________about your idols...

Old 12-29-2011, 10:43 PM

10,949 posts, read 1,309,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Has any Muslim ever attempted to harm you? Has any Muslim on this forum ever spoken to you with disrespect?

Perhaps you may want to open a thread in the philosophy/religion section and state the reason one should believe as you do. Most of the non-Christians do not subscribe to the Christianity forum and do not see your posts there.
You know no Muslim has ever harmed or disrespect me .Actually they were always very nice to me. I grew up with Muslims in my country and we always got along and were friends.I enjoy learning about Islam and asking question.I wish the hate would stop and there finally be peace.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:06 PM

63,939 posts, read 40,202,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
I'll remember that next time I see muslims attacking someone for daring to draw a cartoon of muhammed. If allah is so tough he can protect his own "prophet" without needing his followers to bomb people.
Quote:
I notice you have a tendency to point out what you believe are teachings, evils or errors in the followings of other people.

Is that because you have nothing good to say about what you believe?
Come on, Wood . . . you are not going to defend this absurd OP against legitimate criticism. The premise of the OP is absolutely ludicrous. The frame of the statue was steel covered with a molded foam sculpture of Jesus. It was a perfect lightning rod and the inevitable happened during a thunderstorm. This OP deserves no defense.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:12 AM

19,748 posts, read 20,304,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The frame of the statue was steel covered with a molded foam sculpture of Jesus. It was a perfect lightning rod and the inevitable happened during a thunderstorm.
The construction of this statue could have used a little more science, imo. /dur dur dur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
This OP deserves no defense.
TOUCHDOWN!

I do find the irony to be hilarious though. I mean, damn...A statue of Jesus getting struck by lighting...classic.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:01 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,785,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Come on, Wood . . . you are not going to defend this absurd OP against legitimate criticism. The premise of the OP is absolutely ludicrous. The frame of the statue was steel covered with a molded foam sculpture of Jesus. It was a perfect lightning rod and the inevitable happened during a thunderstorm. This OP deserves no defense.
You are spot on here.

The OP premise was absurd, even overlooking the understandable translation problems.

That done, we have some claims that no disasters happen to muslims (Please!) and then a set of links to Quran miracle videios which we are supposed to watch.

I have said before that, while using links to support an argument, it is not valid to simply post a lot of links and suggest that we 'find out for ourselves'.
This is not legitimate and I think I know why now - it is not just laziness and misdirection on the part of the poster, it negates discussion and it makes for a one - way lecture.

While we have dealt with many of these 'Quran miracle' claims before, it really is for the poster to make their case.

And, since I'm using your post, Mystic mate, which we may disagree strongly on some things (not as many as those on which we agree, I think) you have always taken pains to set out your case.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:09 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,647,315 times
Quote:
Has any Muslim ever attempted to harm you? Has any Muslim on this forum ever spoken to you with disrespect?

Perhaps you may want to open a thread in the philosophy/religion section and state the reason one should believe as you do. Most of the non-Christians do not subscribe to the Christianity forum and do not see your posts there.
Yes. Woodrow, this is not meant to imply that all Muslims are disrespectful, but there ARE indeed some Muslims on this forum who are routinely insulting to others for disgreeing. No names mentioned, but one individual that readily comes to mind seems to think that both non-Muslims, as well as other Muslims, who disgree with his views are deceived. Oddly, that person like to think he's correctly supported by the Qur'an except that his posts and references are always links to his own website which in turn is about the views of someone else who attempts to explain what the Qur'an is supposedly saying. He seems to be hung up on one person's views, rather than citing any other supportive references (simply because there aren't any other references). He's made no bones in saying that the majority of Muslims do indeed disagee with these views, then goes on to give the impression that they're all deceived (including other Muslims) and most likely headed for hell. He does the same thing with regard to "cut-and-paste", except that his cut-and-pastes are always from his own website.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:32 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,142,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLhomos View Post
no i do not find this embarrassing

You should.

Quote:
I see the clear fact how the Christian try hardly to convince themselves that their religion is the right They rely on the spiritual aspect Without the investigation of the truth their basic follow without ask why - how the different between Islam and the other
Mmmm no, I pretty much just think you are crazy.

Quote:
first of all Islam call people to believe by whom created every thing [1god] not The mystery of tricky three parts in one the important they have the same concept of us the god is one but they like to add mystify i saw on TV Declaration about soap [ cleans up - give good smell and economic ]like Christian 3 in one we have many miracles that prove that quran from god while the others have none the rules of Islam is Fair to all the people
<YODA>

Understand your gibberish, I do not.

</YODA>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality