Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2012, 02:37 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Your simply not reading my theory correctly, I have never said evolution stopped, I said it was reserved. I said it has stopped physically, and listed multiple areas where it has not stopped.

You and Sans do not learn as I do, do not see as I do, I glean far differently than you. I feed far differently.
You are right about the fact that we do not learn as you do...You read an article and "gleen" (cherry pick) only what you think fits your preconceived (god) notions, and ignore or deny what doesn't...We on the other hand evaluate the entire article and use reason to form our opinions.
Your method below, right....

Old 03-25-2012, 02:50 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You are right about the fact that we do not learn as you do...You read an article and "gleen" (cherry pick) only what you think fits your preconceived (god) notions, and ignore or deny what doesn't...We on the other hand evaluate the entire article and use reason to form our opinions.
Your method below, right....

I have provided 13 links; read them Sans, after your finished reading your cartoons.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Perhaps a rise in marked octogenerian immaturity, sans alzheimers, is evidence of/for reserved evolution.
I DO NOT have alzheimers.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I have provided 13 links; read them Sans, after your finished reading your cartoons.
I shall read them, but it will take some time...

Old 03-25-2012, 06:15 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
You can also research Jstor.org-" The Structural reduction in evolution."

And Britannica.com- " The reduction in tooth size."
"The combined effects of improved cutting, pounding, and grinding tools and techniques and the use of fire for cooking surely contributed to a documented reduction in the size of hominin jaws and teeth over the past 2.5 to 5 million years"

This is actually an improvement and is evolution in action. There is no way this represents a 'slowing down' of human evolution much less any evidence for some God -planned purpose. This is just an example of how you pick up stuff which you think supports your theory but really doesn't.

What it means is that you don't seem to have the support that you claim in the links that you quote. If you actually posted the point that you thought was relevant it would be easier to see that.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Before I do I need you to clear something up for me...I re-read your OP and it seems to me that you are saying that ALL evolution is slowing down, not just human evolution...Have I got that correct?

Old 03-26-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Before I do I need you to clear something up for me...I re-read your OP and it seems to me that you are saying that ALL evolution is slowing down, not just human evolution...Have I got that correct?

Yes. With the exception of consciousness , knowledge and a few other non physical things.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:51 AM

We have evidence that humans toothsize has reduced, the brain is shrinking, the human body is reducing in size, natural selection is reducing, mass extinctions slowed evolution, certain scientist are intentionally slowing evolution to stop drug resistence, stellar evolution is slowing, medicine is slowing evolution, and I think God himself is reducing evolution.

And this is why I call evolution reserved.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:32 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,065 times
Quote:
We have evidence that humans toothsize has reduced, the brain is shrinking, the human body is reducing in size, natural selection is reducing, mass extinctions slowed evolution, certain scientist are intentionally slowing evolution to stop drug resistence, stellar evolution is slowing, medicine is slowing evolution, and I think God himself is reducing evolution.

And this is why I call evolution reserved.
And this is why you should either go back to school and get a real education or else leave science to us scientists. The only thing you got right is that our teeth are smaller than they used to be. Everything else you posted is utter nonsense.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
And this is why you should either go back to school and get a real education or else leave science to us scientists. The only thing you got right is that our teeth are smaller than they used to be. Everything else you posted is utter nonsense.

Well your calling your consituants nonsensical, I got the evidence from scientist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.