Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2012, 01:58 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,216,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Evolution is reserved and receding.
No it most certainly is not.

Quote:
As we grow older our eyes get smaller, the appendix in the human body is shrinking, the human brain is shrinking, our body size is reducing in size, our teeth are reducing in size,
This is normal human development, not evolution. Perhaps you need to take a class.

Quote:
stellar evolution is slowing down,
Not true, and even if it were, that has nothing to do with biological evolution.

Quote:
medicine is slowing down evolution,
On what planet?

Quote:
extinctions are slowing evolution
This is the most uninformed claim you've made to date. Extinctions are increasing due to global warming and human encroachment on natural habitats.

Quote:
and insects, crocodiles and fish are getting reduced.
In what way? Diversity, population size, or body size? Either way, your claim is not true.

Quote:
Reserved evolution is academic,
Seeing as how you lack so thoroughly in the academic department, I'll simply chalk this up to ignorance.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:43 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,594,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post

This is normal human development, not evolution. Perhaps you need to take a class.

I was in a class today bro; I go every tuesday evening.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
I was in a class today bro; I go every tuesday evening.
What class?

Old 03-27-2012, 10:48 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,925,342 times
Default A Convention of Gross Inaccuracies!

QUOTES from Mickiel the Magnificent

√ We have evidence that humans toothsize has reduced,

Nope. Just the lower jaw length dimension. Less room for the teeth we have, resulting in more wisdom tooth extractions.

√ the brain is shrinking.

More dense and better-organized (via uhhhmmmm.... Evolution again...)is a more accurate description. Some unused past hominid functions that relate to storage volume has changed. In fact however, this is an overall Evolutionary improvement, not some imagined "reductionism" due to "Slowed Evolution".

Sorry; wrong wishful conclusion on your part.

√ the human body is reducing in size,

Uh... nope. We're significantly taller than we used to be. That's a nutritional consequence, but it's also thus due to our better "smarts" in agricultural advances, like tool invention & implementation, etc. etc. All demonstrably due to improvements in our IQ, meaning our Evolved state.

So...wrong again. Score so far; "zero for three" Imprressive, Mickiel! But let's not stop here, OK?.

√ natural selection is reducing,

Means what? Natural Selection is reducing? WTF? A made-up and non-metric parameter. So, another BFZ (Big Fat Zero)

√ mass extinctions slowed evolution,

Wrong. Removing entire species types and lists will allow for new speciation go refill the now-empty niche. What HAVE you been reading?

√ certain scientist are intentionally slowing evolution to stop drug resistence,

O goody. Conspiracy theories now. WOW. You are certifiably Wack-a-Loon© for sure...

√ stellar evolution is slowing,

Again, by what metric? The universe is actually expanding (you remember: from it's point-source Big Bang origins about 14B yrs go? All high school stuff now!), measurably at increasing speed (See & read: Latest Hubble Telescope findings: the basics for astrological dummies.) As well, stars & systems are forming all over the place.

medicine is slowing evolution,

This is only partly true, but not for the frantic & wishful reasons you have provided. It simply proves, again, that it's our ever-increasing IQ, (via you guessed it... Evolution).

As well, you inadvertently confirm for us that Evolution is still ongoing at it's original rate, but that artificial hominid means (medicine) has slowed it in certain specific areas. So it hasn't actually slowed at all. Get it?

Plus, you also claim that your imagined slowdown covers all species. but you then only provide (incorrect) proof for humans only. Not for rodents, lizards, insects and so on. Oh. Highly selective and too convenient. And also patently nonsensical on it's face.

√ and I think God himself is reducing evolution.

Well 1) there is no God of course, so that part's just wishy-washy-ful hopin' an'a dreamin', but even if...

2) He were a real entity, you said it yourself right here:

"I think..."

And this is why I call evolution reserved.[/quote]

Wow! Thanks for this impressive little demonstration of your ability to reason things out, with no supporting evidence! Rather, I'd say that perhaps it's your particular Evolution and IQ that's "reserved".

Final Score for Mickiel The Irrational: Zero for Nine.

Es Muy Obliga Grandé!

Old 03-28-2012, 01:29 AM

Quote:
What class?

A class on human nature and addiction; something that personally intrest me.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:52 AM

Quote:
A class on human nature and addiction; something that personally intrest me.
Try taking some classes in human evolution, in comparative anatomy and physiology, and in human development.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Try taking some classes in human evolution, in comparative anatomy and physiology, and in human development.

I think I will up ahead some time, it certainly intrest me. Yet they have no classes on the orgin of consciousness in evolution in my area. The most extensive possible solution that I have seen in science is attractive mostly to physicists. It states that the succession of subjective states that we feel in introspection has a continuity that stretches all the way back through " Phylogenetic evolution" and beyond into a fundamental property of interacting matter. This science cannot afford to consider God in their view; yet in my view the relationship of consciousness to what we are conscious of, is something I consider Theist as holding the correct view on; it is not fundamentally different from the relationship of a tree to the ground in which it is rooted, or even of the gravitational relationship between two celestial bodies.

God is the cause.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I think I will up ahead some time, it certainly intrest me. Yet they have no classes on the orgin of consciousness in evolution in my area. The most extensive possible solution that I have seen in science is attractive mostly to physicists. It states that the succession of subjective states that we feel in introspection has a continuity that stretches all the way back through " Phylogenetic evolution" and beyond into a fundamental property of interacting matter. This science cannot afford to consider God in their view; yet in my view the relationship of consciousness to what we are conscious of, is something I consider Theist as holding the correct view on; it is not fundamentally different from the relationship of a tree to the ground in which it is rooted, or even of the gravitational relationship between two celestial bodies.

God is the cause.
Don't change the subject. If you don't have any educational background on the subject of evolution (or of pretty much anything else having to do with science), what qualifies you to make the absurd claims you make (what would qualify anyone to make such absurd claims, for that matter)?

Old 03-28-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Don't change the subject. If you don't have any educational background on the subject of evolution (or of pretty much anything else having to do with science), what qualifies you to make the absurd claims you make (what would qualify anyone to make such absurd claims, for that matter)?

I will change the subject on any of my threads as I see fit. One needs no qualifications in order to have their own beliefs and theorys.

But if you would like to see my educational backround, so be it.

3 years at Western Michigan University, major- Religion, minor- Industrial Education, didnot graduate.

2 years at US Air School- Received an Air Force diploma in Inventory Management.

4 years at Proaction Behavioral Alliance- Detroit Branch- Certificate in Counseling.

And thats it. I hold two current Jobs, caretaker at my apartment complex, and I am a Floor Technician at my night Job.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
I will change the subject on any of my threads as I see fit. One needs no qualifications in order to have their own beliefs and theorys.

But if you would like to see my educational backround, so be it.

3 years at Western Michigan University, major- Religion, minor- Industrial Education, didnot graduate.

2 years at US Air School- Received an Air Force diploma in Inventory Management.

4 years at Proaction Behavioral Alliance- Detroit Branch- Certificate in Counseling.

And thats it. I hold two current Jobs, caretaker at my apartment complex, and I am a Floor Technician at my night Job.
Right, so you have no formal post secondary science education or professional scientific experience of note, particularly with regard to the theory of biological evolution. Duly noted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.