Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 04:59 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
That is a stunningly ignorant conclusion. But then, I look at the source, and I think, well, that figures.

Makes perfect sense to me; why would God give empty planets with no human life, or any other kind of life, the perfect atmosphere he gave earth to substain life?

Old 03-31-2012, 06:19 PM

27,559 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Makes perfect sense to me; why would God give empty planets with no human life, or any other kind of life, the perfect atmosphere he gave earth to substain life?
God did no such thing. The earth's atmosphere was originally very toxic for most multi-cellular life forms.

It was only after a couple of billion years of photosynthesis by certain single-celled organisms that the earth's atmosphere became capable of sustaining more advanced life.

You should thank your lucky cyanobacteria for that. :-)

Old 03-31-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
God did no such thing. The earth's atmosphere was originally very toxic for most multi-cellular life forms.

It was only after a couple of billion years of photosynthesis by certain single-celled organisms that the earth's atmosphere became capable of sustaining more advanced life.

You should thank your lucky cyanobacteria for that. :-)

No I thank God for creating photosynthesis And making the color of the Sun Red. If the Sun were much redder, or on the other hand much bluer, photosynthesis would be impeded and interfere with the natural biochemical processes crucial to life on earth.

Again, stunning proof of a deliberate design by a creator.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:12 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
No I thank God for creating photosynthesis And making the color of the Sun Red. If the Sun were much redder, or on the other hand much bluer, photosynthesis would be impeded and interfere with the natural biochemical processes crucial to life on earth.

Yeah, right...More misinformation...Our sun is not red...Our sun is a G2 class yellow dwarf, one of an incredible number in the universe, but there is no reason that a stars of another spectrum cannot support life.

Considering that there are over 200 billion stars in our galaxy (The milky way) and there are billions of galaxys in the universe, what makes you think that earth would be the only one with intelligent life?

Old 03-31-2012, 10:43 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,213,799 times
Quote:

The color of the sun is not red. It is in the yellow part of the spectrum. Stunning proof that you are completely clueless.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
The color of the sun is not red. It is in the yellow part of the spectrum. Stunning proof that you are completely clueless.

Well I call it Red, it can appear yellow, but actually the color of the sun, if you just need to get technical, is white; it just appears to have a yellowish tint to it as we look at it from earth. It can appear read at times. It can appear many colors if only looked at from earth, but in space, the Sun is white.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Well I call it Red, it can appear yellow, but actually the color of the sun, if you just need to get technical, is white; it just appears to have a yellowish tint to it as we look at it from earth. It can appear read at times. It can appear many colors if only looked at from earth, but in space, the Sun is white.
No sir, you are wrong. Spectrographically, the sun is in the yellow part of the spectrum. That is why it is classified as a G2 yellow dwarf. It's many different colors as seen from Earth is due to our atmosphere (i.e., at sunset it appears red because its light is travelling though a lot more atmosphere/dust than when it is high in the sky). So you can call it whatever you desire, but your opinion is irrelevant to the facts.

Here is a close up image I took of the sun recently:

Reserved Evolution.-sunspot-groupc.jpg

Yellow, dude.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
No sir, you are wrong. Spectrographically, the sun is in the yellow part of the spectrum. That is why it is classified as a G2 yellow dwarf. It's many different colors as seen from Earth is due to our atmosphere (i.e., at sunset it appears red because its light is travelling though a lot more atmosphere/dust than when it is high in the sky). So you can call it whatever you desire, but your opinion is irrelevant to the facts.

Here is a close up image I took of the sun recently:

Attachment 93231

Yellow, dude.

Yellow if looked at from earth, white if looked at in space. Now which angle do you think reveals its true color?

Old 04-01-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Yellow if looked at from earth, white if looked at in space. Now which angle do you think reveals its true color?
Its spectrum makes no difference whatsoever whether it is observed from Earth or from Space. It is a G2 yellow dwarf. End of story. I've been an amateur astronomer for over 40 years. Do you really want to argue this point?

Old 04-01-2012, 09:46 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Its spectrum makes no difference whatsoever whether it is observed from Earth or from Space. It is a G2 yellow dwarf. End of story.
I think originally Mickiel was trying to say that a star has to be in the red end of the spectrum to support life before he started side tracking. He is wrong, but will never admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality