Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 11:56 AM

33,617 posts, read 37,264,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
We have evidence that humans toothsize has reduced, the brain is shrinking, the human body is reducing in size, natural selection is reducing, mass extinctions slowed evolution, certain scientist are intentionally slowing evolution to stop drug resistence, stellar evolution is slowing, medicine is slowing evolution, and I think God himself is reducing evolution.

And this is why I call evolution reserved.
The fact that human teeth and brains are getting smaller IS evolution...Why would you think that evolution would always dictate an increase in size?

Regarding your other assertions I will need evidence, since most of what you say is not very credible.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:58 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,604,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The fact that human teeth and brains are getting smaller IS evolution...Why would you think that evolution would always dictate an increase in size?

Regarding your other assertions I will need evidence, since most of what you say is not very credible.

AHHH, there you go, it is evolution, reclining and reserved evolution; the premise of this thread.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:06 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,225,075 times
Quote:
Well your calling your consituants nonsensical, I got the evidence from scientist.
My constituents? Erm, I'm not a politician, dude.

You didn't get any such evidence from scientists because you have no evidence to support your claim.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Its not just teeth and brains getting smaller, as we grow older our eyes get smaller. The Appendix in the human body is shrinking also. You can refer to The-incredible-shrinking-man.net/.

Even certain animals are getting smaller- insects, crocodiles and fish are reducing; because evolution itself is reducing.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
My constituents? Erm, I'm not a politician, dude.

You didn't get any such evidence from scientists because you have no evidence to support your claim.

Your just purposely ignoring the evidence; I have posted 14 links on this thread for evidence. The majority of my evidence comes from scientist, your just in denial and don't want to learn.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Your just purposely ignoring the evidence; I have posted 14 links on this thread for evidence. The majority of my evidence comes from scientist, your just in denial and don't want to learn.

Lets make that 16 links with the addition of these two;

Hubpages.com-" Human race evolving or devolving?"

Scientificamerican.com- " Is the human race evolving or devolving?

Old 03-26-2012, 06:00 PM

27,774 posts, read 28,876,802 times
Quote:
stellar evolution is slowing
So, where did you read this?

Old 03-26-2012, 06:11 PM

Did you even read the pages you linked to? The first you linked to no longer exists, and the second does not support your view, but mine.

Scientificamerican.com- " Is the human race evolving or devolving? From a biological perspective, there is no such thing as devolution. All changes in the gene frequencies of populations--and quite often in the traits those genes influence--are by definition evolutionary changes. Is the human race evolving or devolving?: Scientific American

Old 03-26-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Its not just teeth and brains getting smaller, as we grow older our eyes get smaller. The Appendix in the human body is shrinking also. You can refer to The-incredible-shrinking-man.net/.

Even certain animals are getting smaller- insects, crocodiles and fish are reducing; because evolution itself is reducing.
So what? At the same time humans are becoming taller, but bigger or smaller it is all evolution.

I have provided evidence which you have obviously ignored, that humans are evolving more rapidly today than they have in the past...Did you forget that?

Old 03-26-2012, 06:45 PM

50,111 posts, read 20,869,847 times
Quote:
Look at it this way - we gave up swinging from branches and started walking instead. Thus our fingers grew shorter, but more useful for grasping tools. We pretty much lost our tails. So is that us evolving or devolving? The diminishing or even loss of former features is not always to be regarded as a retrograde step.

While I have to applaud you Micki for looking up all these sites, it would be more persuasive if you better understood what they said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality