Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 02:12 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Have a good Obama-health-care day! (You'll be sorry! Now we'll all get to pay for gross incompetence, indifference, and sloth! and indeed negligent, as was the case for my family, all of them, up in Canada) (I know, wrong post, but I haddah get it in...

Obama won; case closed.

God has won; case been closed.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:05 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The best reference I can give you is " The origin of Consciousness; The breakdown of the Bicameral mind", by Dr. Julian Jayne's; A stunning work, both scientific and historical, biological and psychological.

I caution you, its a difficult read, Jayne's is an ardent intellectual and writes like one.
You said that the "spirit" is scientifically testable. Present the published article in a scientific journal that this has survived peer review.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
You said that the "spirit" is scientifically testable. Present the published article in a scientific journal that this has survived peer review.

I didnot say it was scientifically testable, I said its testable; You test the spirit by using the spirit. Its just that simple; you try the spirit by the spirit.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
I didnot say it was scientifically testable, I said its testable; You test the spirit by using the spirit. Its just that simple; you try the spirit by the spirit.
Let's review:

I wrote:

Quote:
Consciousness, awareness is scientifically testable. Spirit is not testable.
To which you replied,
Quote:
Sure it is.
Following the context of my above quote which clearly was in the context of scientific testing capacities, since that was the only kind of testing I mentioned, you stated that indeed it was, and that I just didn't know how.

Now that this is settled, I can still maintain that consciousness IS testable, and spirit isn't. (Scientifically, that is, for those that cannot follow this context.)

Old 06-28-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Let's review:

I wrote:

To which you replied,

Following the context of my above quote which clearly was in the context of scientific testing capacities, since that was the only kind of testing I mentioned, you stated that indeed it was, and that I just didn't know how.

Now that this is settled, I can still maintain that consciousness IS testable, and spirit isn't. (Scientifically, that is, for those that cannot follow this context.)

Sure spirit is testable, in example; although you think that you just settled and closed a particular part of our debate, I will not allow you to do that. I maintain that this is not closed and spirit can both be tested and recognized by humans. Now, someone on the outside of this debate, but looking in on it may say this; Wow, that Mickiel has spirit, he's not letting Pan Tera dictate terms.

Thus is a way to both test and " See spirit in humans."

Old 06-28-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Sure spirit is testable, in example; although you think that you just settled and closed a particular part of our debate, I will not allow you to do that. I maintain that this is not closed and spirit can both be tested and recognized by humans. Now, someone on the outside of this debate, but looking in on it may say this; Wow, that Mickiel has spirit, he's not letting Pan Tera dictate terms.

Thus is a way to both test and " See spirit in humans."
OK Mic Kiel, actually since you clarified yourself, missing the context of what I said, you eventually came to say spirit was not scientifically testable. (see quote above) That was all I was saying. That is not in debate. We are in agreement. Do you now wish to debate that it is scientifically testable? What is in debate is equating consciousness with spirit. They can't be equal, simply because consciousness is scientifically testable and spirit is not.

But you say it is testable, and proceed to give me an example of a test, and then you leave me hanging with no example given. Using the word spirit in a sentence is not a test. Unless it is a writing test. If that is the test for it, it is seriously lacking, or you don't know what testing is all about.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
OK Mic Kiel, actually since you clarified yourself, missing the context of what I said, you eventually came to say spirit was not scientifically testable. (see quote above) That was all I was saying. That is not in debate. We are in agreement. Do you now wish to debate that it is scientifically testable? What is in debate is equating consciousness with spirit. They can't be equal, simply because consciousness is scientifically testable and spirit is not.

But you say it is testable, and proceed to give me an example of a test, and then you leave me hanging with no example given. Using the word spirit in a sentence is not a test. Unless it is a writing test. If that is the test for it, it is seriously lacking, or you don't know what testing is all about.

Oh sure I know what testing is, but I know who I am talking to; you are not in agreement with spirit existing; so you will not accept any test of " Trust, faith, joy or something like peace", which are spiritual things that you perhaps think these have a physical organ or physical reason for existing. I don't like doing this, because I do not always agree with scientific or theistic papers and research, but you can read " Scientific research on spiritual science and philosophy at articlebase.com, I kind of like that paper.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Oh sure I know what testing is, but I know who I am talking to; you are not in agreement with spirit existing; so you will not accept any test of " Trust, faith, joy or something like peace", which are spiritual things that you perhaps think these have a physical organ or physical reason for existing. I don't like doing this, because I do not always agree with scientific or theistic papers and research, but you can read " Scientific research on spiritual science and philosophy at articlebase.com, I kind of like that paper.
I don't think you do. You say you know what testing is, yet you didn't offer a test of it. If you had been following along, I never wrote anything regarding whether or not the spirit exists, I wrote the spirit is not scientifically testable, which you concurred. However, consciousness is.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I don't think you do. You say you know what testing is, yet you didn't offer a test of it. If you had been following along, I never wrote anything regarding whether or not the spirit exists, I wrote the spirit is not scientifically testable, which you concurred. However, consciousness is.

I think spirit can be scientifically tested; yet I don't know if God would cooperate with it. The thing is, I doubt that science would cooperate with it either. I have tested my spirit. For example, I once; well not once but several times asked God that if he is real, simply show me. He has answered that prayer a thousand times, but to my surprise, he KEEPS on answering it; as if he is overdoing it even. Now that test worked for me, yet I do not have the ability to transfer that test into your consciousness to see.

So prayer is a way to test Spirit, but how is that explained to one who does not pray? ( I am not assuming you don't pray, I am giving example of how difficult it is to show spiritual test results that I know science will not accept).

I once asked God to improve my ability to write, he did.
I once asked him to increase the attraction to what I write; he did.
I once challenged God, not once but hundreds of times for him to give me his Holy Spirit, which is different from the spirit of consciousness; he didn't. So every test I have tried has not worked, many have.

I was at a website posting one time, stayed there awhile and certain posters there gave me a pretty rough time of it. I left and I told myself I am tired of writing about God and all that stuff. I threw away ALL my notes, books, and stopped posting everywhere. I said I am done. In two weeks I returned to it because what was in me was stronger than me. It MADE me continue. That was a test for me; that things influence me that are stronger than me.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:13 AM

In Reserved evolution our true and finest evolution will be from flesh to spirit. A royal treat, it is beginning in our consciousness now. The growing pains of an evolution complettely misunderstood by humanity, but announced by Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.