Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2012, 02:42 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,596,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Many insects can see in the UV spectrum, bats can locate the tiniest of these insects using echo location, pit vipers can locate bats by sensing their body heat, birds of prey have eyesight far better than ours, orcas can communicate over hundreds of miles, and each pod has their own language, chimpanzees have memory recall superior to a humans....Every creature on earth is superior to every other in some way....All of this and you think humans are somehow more special?

Incidentally, if you think Na'vi was insulting you look up the definition of hubris...It fits you perfectly.

I took no issue with the term hubris, I just don't take kindly to being called a girl; I am finished with his or her insults, it is unecessary, so I have to do Na'vi like I once had to do you. You responded and stopped the insults and name calling, some have the characther to do that, others do not; it is unfortunate that I am forced to do that to certain people.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:16 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,518,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The evolution of man reveals how far we have come; in language there exist a continual attack on our evolution in the area of respect and communication; the human tendency to lash out in illmannered contention, is a reversed evolution that seeks to take us backwards.
LoL. Evolution does not seek to take anything anywhere. It has no goal, no agenda and is not necessarily progress. You see things from your godded perspective and you try to make evolution fit your agenda....OUT OF NECESSITY, certainly not from knowing anything about the processes.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
LoL. Evolution does not seek to take anything anywhere. It has no goal, no agenda and is not necessarily progress. You see things from your godded perspective and you try to make evolution fit your agenda....OUT OF NECESSITY, certainly not from knowing anything about the processes.

I have no agenda, I have views, and my views hold no selective exposure. My view of the evolution process is within itself evolutionary, and I don't expect others to understand it.

And I like seeing things from Gods perspective, your right about that.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I have no agenda, I have views, and my views hold no selective exposure. My view of the evolution process is within itself evolutionary, and I don't expect others to understand it.

And I like seeing things from Gods perspective, your right about that.
If you are not Christian, what are you?

Old 07-08-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:

I am nothing; I mean I am human, but I do not belong to any religious group, church or organization- and have no desire to be a part of those; I walk alone in my belief.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
I am nothing; I mean I am human, but I do not belong to any religious group, church or organization- and have no desire to be a part of those; I walk alone in my belief.
What do you think of these verses then?

“‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth." REV 3:15-16

Old 07-08-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
What do you think of these verses then?

“‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth." REV 3:15-16

In my view, this verse is refering to people who are not totally committed in their belief, they don't know what to believe; halfway, stuck inbetween views; they are not ready to be committed; simular to a drink not being cold or hot, just something you would rather spit out and not take it in. The verse is not condemning people who don't know what to believe, its just God understanding they are not ready, and he preserves them for a later time when he will make them ready.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:11 PM

33,569 posts, read 37,185,374 times
Quote:
Actually, even though he denies it, Mickiel is indeed a Christian, since he fits this definition "Professing belief in Jesus as Christ"

Old 07-08-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually, even though he denies it, Mickiel is indeed a Christian, since he fits this definition "Professing belief in Jesus as Christ"

You don't know what your talking about Sans;

Christians believe in the trinity, I do not.
They believe in thiting, I do not.
They believe in evangelizing, I do not.
They believe in the fall, I do not.
They believe the creation was done in a week, I do not.
They believe in eternal hell torture, I do not.
They believe in limited atonement, I do not.
They believe in Atheist being doomed, I do not.
They believe the image of God is something physical, I do not.
They believe God is now speaking to humans, I do not.
They believe they are Gods people, I do not.
They believe Adam was the first human, I do not.
They believe their pastors speak for God, I do not.
They believe lucifer is satan, I do not.
They believe the bible is inerrant, I do not.

Hey man, this list could go on for two days running; you don't know what your talking about; I am not a christian.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:40 PM

33,569 posts, read 37,185,374 times
Anyone who believes that Christ is God is defined to be a Christian...Do you know how many versions of Christianity there are? There are 38,000, with no two versions believing exactly the same things...I'm sure you fit somewhere in at least one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.