Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 05:42 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Dude. You don't have any evidence for "God did it". All you have is an unsupported and non-falsifiable tautology. Whether or not you disagree with the well documented scientific evidence for evolution is irrelevant to the fact that evolution is real.

Theres plenty of evidence for God, I refer you to the thread " The 100 proofs of God." And I believe in evolution, just not all the theorys on it.

But just in case you don't like reading threads on God, heres a short list of the evidence for " God did it;"

The law of Biogenesis
Carbon-14
The Earths magnectic feild
DNA
RNA
Paleontology
The Cambrian Explosion
The Laws of Conservation
Consciousness
The Ontological Arguement
Motion
The Anthropic Principles
Biblical Archaeology
Irreducible Commplexity

This is just a short list of evidence; evidence that you just don't agree with.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:34 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Theres plenty of evidence for God, I refer you to the thread " The 100 proofs of God." And I believe in evolution, just not all the theorys on it.

But just in case you don't like reading threads on God, heres a short list of the evidence for " God did it;"

The law of Biogenesis
Carbon-14
DNA
RNA
Paleontology
The Cambrian Explosion
The Laws of Conservation
Consciousness
Motion
The Anthropic Principles
Biblical Archaeology
Irreducible Commplexity

Sorry Mickiel, not one of those things is evidence for god....To say that it is, is your biggest failure so far. There is NO, absolutely no evidence for god...If there were, I'd be a believer.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sorry Mickiel, not one of those things is evidence for god....To say that it is, is your biggest failure so far. There is NO, absolutely no evidence for god...If there were, I'd be a believer.

Your description of failure is my inspiration of sucess; Your notation of a failure is my list of sucess; your view of my failure is my view of opening consciousness!

There are absolutely thousands of proofs of God, and reserved evolution is one of them.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Your description of failure is my inspiration of sucess; Your notation of a failure is my list of sucess; your view of my failure is my view of opening consciousness!

There are absolutely thousands of proofs of God, and reserved evolution is one of them.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:32 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,065 times
Quote:

The law of Biogenesis
Carbon-14
DNA
RNA
Paleontology
The Cambrian Explosion
The Laws of Conservation
Consciousness
Motion
The Anthropic Principles
Biblical Archaeology
Irreducible Commplexity

Old 03-24-2012, 10:03 AM

Being closed minded goes both ways Sans.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:19 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default Ahhnnnddd... thah Winnah is: (the envelope please...)

Uhmmm.. I tried to engage you politely a few posts back, asking you nicely to answer or provide your ideas on a few brief concepts, but you realized how easily it would have been to find yourself hopelessly cornered and outclassed in pure information and fact.

And so, you ignored it. No need to say anything else then, is there?

EPIC FAIL Mickiel!

Hey; it even rhymes!

Old 03-24-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Being closed minded goes both ways Sans.
It can work both ways, but in this case it is a one way street, your street...My mind is open to any VALID evidence you have to prove your point, but all you have shown me is "how you like to think" Show me any accepted evidence that evolution has slowed, or as you put it "reserved" and it will be accepted...

I have offered all kinds of peer reviewed and accepted evidence that human evolution is continuing at a pace that is if anything accelerating, but since it does not fit "how you like to think" it will not penetrate your closed mind.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It can work both ways, but in this case it is a one way street, your street...My mind is open to any VALID evidence you have to prove your point, but all you have shown me is "how you like to think" Show me any accepted evidence that evolution has slowed, or as you put it "reserved" and it will be accepted...

I have offered all kinds of peer reviewed and accepted evidence that human evolution is continuing at a pace that is if anything accelerating, but since it does not fit "how you like to think" it will not penetrate your closed mind.

I have plenty of links Sans, its just that I don't agree with everything on them. But if you insist, I'll give a few;

Sciencedaily.com, " Slowing evolution to stop drug resistance?"

Evolution.about.com, Evolution slowed by mass extinctions, by Heather Scoville

Stackexchange.com, is evolution slowing down?

Yahoo.com, Evolution is slow, how did man evolve so rapidly?

I have plenty more, but I do not depend on links, I depend on my own understanding of them.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Uhmmm.. I tried to engage you politely a few posts back, asking you nicely to answer or provide your ideas on a few brief concepts, but you realized how easily it would have been to find yourself hopelessly cornered and outclassed in pure information and fact.

And so, you ignored it. No need to say anything else then, is there?

EPIC FAIL Mickiel!

Hey; it even rhymes!

We view failure much differently Rifle; In my view, a fail is a fall; you fall down and just keep getting back up and try try again; learn, learn again. I may well be outclassed in knowledge, but its understanding that I am most concerned with.

I never claimed to be smarter than you; in fact I think your far more smarter than I; but if I keep debating those above me, it creates within me a desire to go higher;

and I thank you for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.