Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 08:30 AM

38 posts, read 80,154 times

Advertisements

No offense, but I bet you can't do it...
Prove To Me That God Exists (A Personal Challenge) - YouTube

Please note that the wording seen in the Thumbnail of this video makes no sense unless you actuaqlly watch the video. Then it'll probably make sense to you. Oh, and I'm not trying to convert anyone or change anyone's beliefs (I respect ALL personal beliefs because they are what makes us who we are), I am simply trying to get the Christian Community to prove too me (without a reasonable doubt) that their "God" is the ONLY real and true God in the known world. Enjoy the Challenge. I do wonder if someone can help make me a believer in more than what I believe in now. :/

On a side note, I post this here NOT because of Religion, but because of Philosophy, as I consider my personal beliefs more of a Philosophy and a way of life rather than a Religion. But I also post it here because I do want responses from the Religious as well. They are the ones I am Challenging after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 09:33 AM

714 posts, read 813,972 times
Please ignore this, people. He wants god proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Oh brother. Doubt is a part of faith! He is looking for a fight, not a discussion. Ignore this request, please!

Ps, there are plenty of books on the subject that will be more in depth than anything written here. if you are truly interested!

Old 04-27-2012, 10:07 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
Please ignore this, people. He wants god proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Oh brother. Doubt is a part of faith! He is looking for a fight, not a discussion. Ignore this request, please!

Ps, there are plenty of books on the subject that will be more in depth than anything written here. if you are truly interested!
So why can't you prove God beyond a reasonable doubt????????????
Plenty of books on many many subjects but that doesn't make them facts.
To have complete faith in something you must know it actually exists and isn't just the figment of many peoples imagination caused by brainwashing.
To have faith in something because you have been told that it exists or your voices in your head are telling you it exists is extremely naive and some would say stupid. So yes let's see some evidence and actual quantative proof that a God exists.......... we can prove that the Earth has evolved over millions of years with hard facts and beyond a shadow of a doubt so why should we just believe hearsay about a God existing?

Old 04-27-2012, 10:27 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
You won't get any answers that provide evidence that was gathered empirically. You'll just get testimonials and arguments based on ignorance(ie the god of the gaps). Or you'll get someone saying you're just "looking for a fight" or "trying to disrespect others." What's interesting about this is that they would ask for evidence concerning any other belief. This sort of nonsense only applies when it comes to their particular flavor of faith. These kind of believers deep down know their beliefs are hogwash.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:32 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Hopeful View Post
You're right. I can't. You win.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:59 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Hopeful View Post
Prove To Me That God Exists (A Personal Challenge) - YouTube

Please note that the wording seen in the Thumbnail of this video makes no sense unless you actuaqlly watch the video. Then it'll probably make sense to you. Oh, and I'm not trying to convert anyone or change anyone's beliefs (I respect ALL personal beliefs because they are what makes us who we are), I am simply trying to get the Christian Community to prove too me (without a reasonable doubt) that their "God" is the ONLY real and true God in the known world. Enjoy the Challenge. I do wonder if someone can help make me a believer in more than what I believe in now. :/

On a side note, I post this here NOT because of Religion, but because of Philosophy, as I consider my personal beliefs more of a Philosophy and a way of life rather than a Religion. But I also post it here because I do want responses from the Religious as well. They are the ones I am Challenging after all.
Proof positive requires empirical evidence. There isn't any in either direction.

Christians can't prove their claim, neither can Atheists. The closest thing that either side of this argument have to evidence is their belief and that wouldn't stand in court as solid proof. It's anecdotal at best.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Proof positive requires empirical evidence. There isn't any in either direction.

Christians can't prove their claim, neither can Atheists. The closest thing that either side of this argument have to evidence is their belief and that wouldn't stand in court as solid proof. It's anecdotal at best.
Saying that atheists can't prove their case is being silly. It's like someone saying there is a elephant in the room when the room is empty and then saying...... you can't prove it isn't there because i say it is.......

Old 04-27-2012, 11:11 AM

100 posts, read 78,442 times
There is no God. You can do whatever you want in life as long as you don't get caught.

If you get in a position of power, you can manipulate the public into being your slaves and providing for you.

You will have nobody to answer to. Atheism is true bliss.

Oh, how I love myself.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Saying that atheists can't prove their case is being silly. It's like someone saying there is a elephant in the room when the room is empty and then saying...... you can't prove it isn't there because i say it is.......
I said that neither side can prove their contention.

I did not single out Atheists.

People have a right to believe what they choose. Right up to the point where they get all up in my Kool-ade about it and then insist that they're right and i'm wrong. It's at that point that I have to insist they either put up or shut up.

To date, I have yet to see any evidence from either side. Until I do I shall remain unconvinced.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust Bowl View Post
There is no God. You can do whatever you want in life as long as you don't get caught.

If you get in a position of power, you can manipulate the public into being your slaves and providing for you.

You will have nobody to answer to. Atheism is true bliss.

Oh, how I love myself.
Yes, you do have someone to answer to. Yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality