Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 11:40 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyker View Post
Hello Eusebius.

Please be more specific. If you flatly deny evolutionary theory, you must be versed enough in its workings to have assessed its validity. Exactly what aspect of the theory are you having difficulty with?

Thanks.
I have difficulty with scientists saying that all plants, animals and humans evolved from single-celled amoebas especially where no proof exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
That is indeed a serious problem...

We get this every time. you demand evidence. We provide lots of it, you deny it and say we have nothing then a month later pop up asking that we simply provide evidence. And of course we say we did and you say 'You say you did, but you don't actually produce any'.

The fact is, Eusebius, if you really cared about the evidence, you could have looked yourself. What your agenda is, is to put on regular exhibitions of denial.
okay buddy, I'll give you and everyone here Moderator cut: deleted to PROVE all plants, animals and humans evolved from single-celled amoebas.

You say you have the evidence and have provided it, then it should be easy to post it again. Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 07-17-2014 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: Baiting others.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:47 AM

618 posts, read 540,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I have difficulty with scientists saying that all plants, animals and humans evolved from single-celled amoebas especially where no proof exists.
Hello again Eusebius.

That is a very general statement. Please be more specific as to which aspect of the theory you find difficult.

Of course, I don't expect you to do this as I suspect that you have very little knowledge of the proposed mechanisms of evolution. You are denying that which you do not understand because of your faith in biblical literacy. I am offering you honest communication, but I strongly suspect that your response will nothing more than your usual vague and snarky bluster. Please prove me wrong.

Thanks.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Hello again Eusebius.

That is a very general statement. Please be more specific as to which aspect of the theory you find difficult.

Of course, I don't expect you to do this as I suspect that you have very little knowledge of the proposed mechanisms of evolution. You are denying that which you do not understand because of your faith in biblical literacy. I am offering you honest communication, but I strongly suspect that your response will nothing more than your usual vague and snarky bluster. Please prove me wrong.

Thanks.
It is specific enough for the scientists to pronounce that statement that all plants, animals and humans evolved from single-celled amoebas.

Why don't you ask your own scientists what they meant by it. Maybe they will tell you. Maybe they will be like the Wizard of Ozz and say its so just because they say it is so and they are all powerful.

Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 07-17-2014 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: Baiting others.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:06 PM

I just did one search and in a split second I found this:

"All Species Evolved From Single Cell, Study Finds
Creationism called "absolutely horrible hypothesis"—statistically speaking

All species, including these two eukaryotes, evolved from one ancestor, a new study seems to confirm."

Notice the caveat (third word from the end of the last sentence)? "seems" does not sound very convincing to me. That would be like going to court and telling the judge: "well your honor, it seems to me he was the killer." "seems" reveals doubt.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:10 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
What's hilarious is Eusie demanding proof from everyone who disagrees with him yet he proffers none for his biblical bedtime stories.

Can you say "hypocrisy" boys and girls?

I knew you could!

Old 07-16-2014, 12:13 PM

5 posts, read 3,622 times
Yes some evidence please. Show me evidence, real evidence of one species evolving into another over time. Inter species evolution (micro evolution) doesn't count. Neither do drawings. And please let's keep the answers respectful and tactful.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
What's hilarious is Eusie demanding proof from everyone who disagrees with him yet he proffers none for his biblical bedtime stories.

Can you say "hypocrisy" boys and girls?

I knew you could!
Moderator cut: deleted I did provide proof of Genesis 1:1 and 1:2.

Moderator cut: deleted

Genesis 1:1 has the earth created and then in 1:2 the earth became chaos and vacant of all life. Genesis 1:2b has God making the earth habitable again 6,000 or so years ago. Then He put new plants and animals on the earth and created Adam and Eve as mature adults, not evolved.

6,000 years, give or take a couple thousand years just is not enough time for evolution to occur. Evolution is a false idea built on false assumptions.

Last edited by june 7th; 07-17-2014 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: Disrespectful and insulting to other members.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:26 PM

618 posts, read 540,664 times
Hello again Eusebius.

As I suspected...nothing specific, just more grandstanding.

I'm sorry to say this, and I wish you well, but this conversation is no longer worth pursuing. No one waits by their computer for the opportunity to prove decades of scientific research to a random Internet poster according to his tight timeframe. You can't even pose as specific question...you want the entire theory explained with all relevant data presented and you want it right now.

How ridiculous.

Thanks.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Hello again Eusebius.

As I suspected...nothing specific, just more grandstanding.

I'm sorry to say this, and I wish you well, but this conversation is no longer worth pursuing. No one waits by their computer for the opportunity to prove decades of scientific research to a random Internet poster according to his tight timeframe. You can't even pose as specific question...you want the entire theory explained with all relevant data presented and you want it right now.

How ridiculous.

Thanks.
In other words, folks, Hyker has no proof.

Most here have told me they have proof proof proof! But when I ask for it I get denigrated.

Moderator cut: deleted It was quite a long time ago I asked for proof. But since no proof was forthcoming I thought I'd put a deadline on asking and just see if they actually had proof. No, Hyker, they don't have proof and neither do you in any way, shape or form. All you have from scientists is "It seems to us" or "well it could be" or "maybe this is how is happened."

Last edited by june 7th; 07-17-2014 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: Baiting others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality