Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 07:18 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,223,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
Mostly true, but remember that some Atheists were born that way and was taught from an early age to dislike God and religion.
I had a neighbor who was 7 years old and my son asked him what religion he belonged to, and he responded back to him: "I'm an Atheist and I hate God because it is all fake". My son asked him why he said that, and he responded: "My parents' told me that".
Well, if the parents taught the child to hate god, then they were theists, not atheists. Atheists don't hate a being that they don't believe exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 07:25 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
Did you really watch the videoclip?

She said that she broke up with her boyfriend (not longer together). She did not say she do not know anything about Catholicism. She also said she used to argue with her ex. Catholic boyfriend about religion and atheism.
Did you read what I wrote?

converted to her boyfriends religion doesn't mean "because they are together."

I'm sure she knows something about Catholicism, just not enough to make an actual informed decision.

And that's the point of why she knows only a few things about Catholicism, and why it matters that she converted to her boyfriends religion. She was exposed to its hypnotic parasitic ideas and her original lack of intellectual knowledge about morality allowed her to be corrupted.

I watched to video up to 1:30 when I realized she was no one particularly famous or intellectual.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:08 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I see Christianity as a preliminary step towards Atheism, as every Atheist I know in RL and on forums is a Former Christian.
I see drinking milk as a preliminary step towards drug addiction, as every drug addict I know drank milk when they were young.

Yes, I specialize in logical thinking.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:23 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,035 times
Quote:
I can not deny there are people who are born into Atheism. But, I have never met one in RL or on any forums.
I was never taught there was any kind of a supreme being and I have never believed in anything supernatural, so I guess that makes me a lifetime Atheist.

I think it is neat that some people find more happiness in life if they believe in a supreme being. They ain't hurting me none and they create some beautiful music. In my opinion, most of them use their religion to help them become better people.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:29 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I was never taught there was any kind of a supreme being and I have never believed in anything supernatural, so I guess that makes me a lifetime Atheist.

I think it is neat that some people find more happiness in life if they believe in a supreme being. They ain't hurting me none and they create some beautiful music. In my opinion, most of them use their religion to help them become better people.
You are there fore the first I have met either in person or online. Or perhaps only the first to have said so.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I see drinking milk as a preliminary step towards drug addiction, as every drug addict I know drank milk when they were young.

Yes, I specialize in logical thinking.
That is mean. You know I get a headache when I have to think.

It made sense to me at the moment I typed it.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:36 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
I can not deny there are people who are born into Atheism. But, I have never met one in RL or on any forums. The most famous ones I can think of would be the the Children of Madalyn Murray O'Hair. But I never met them in person or on any forum.
You met me.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:41 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Actually, technically, we were all born atheists...
Are we? Do you see atheism as (1) believing there is no God or (2) not believing there is a God? To me, it's believing there is no God, and I don't think we were born believing there is no God.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
You met me.
I thought you are a former Christian. It seems there are more born atheists than I thought.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:01 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Quote:
You are there fore the first I have met either in person or online. Or perhaps only the first to have said so.
I guess I am the third, though I converted to Paganism when I was 20. A testament to that origin is that I still agree with Atheists 95% of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality