Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 11:10 AM

1,013 posts, read 1,194,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralMissionary View Post
No facts? Or no facts you choose to accept? It's amazing. You make a silly strawman statement, then run with it.

Science has no explanation for the origins of the universe...but you cling to some silly stupid notion of a big bang...and only push the question back to what happened before it.
Again, if you are making the claim that God created the universe then the burden of proof is on you. What facts are there to accept?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 11:12 AM

419 posts, read 435,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethreefoldme View Post
Again, if you are making the claim that God created the universe then the burden of proof is on you. What facts are there to accept?
The same facts that you use to point at a big bang.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
The same facts that you use to point at a big bang.
I haven't even mentioned the big bang. Anyway, how do whatever facts you're referring to (would help if you were more specific) prove that a god created the universe?

Old 09-20-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I haven't even mentioned the big bang. Anyway, how do whatever facts you're referring to (would help if you were more specific) prove that a god created the universe?
How does it prove that anything else created the universe?

Old 09-20-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
How does it prove that anything else created the universe?
Again, the burden of proof is on you for claiming God did as opposed to anything else. Care to actually back your claim up?

Old 09-20-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Again, the burden of proof is on you for claiming God did as opposed to anything else. Care to actually back your claim up?
I have. Go back and re-read the thread.

Now again....what do you believe caused the universe to exist?

Old 09-20-2012, 11:29 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,549,412 times
Quote:
No facts? Or no facts you choose to accept? It's amazing. You make a silly strawman statement, then run with it.

Science has no explanation for the origins of the universe...but you cling to some silly stupid notion of a big bang...and only push the question back to what happened before it.
This is still one of the gaps, but to just strut around with the ignorance of "god magic" is just stupid.

And yes, NO FACTS that even hint to the existence of your fairy tale prince. The "I don't know" so goddunit it is a stunningly ignorant position, times 2. For you have no proof of your god, nor that he dunit.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
This is still one of the gaps, but to just strut around with the ignorance of "god magic" is just stupid.
Agreed.
Quote:

And yes, NO FACTS that even hint to the existence of your fairy tale prince. The "I don't know" so goddunit it is a stunningly ignorant position, times 2. For you have no proof of your god, nor that he dunit.
I don't believe in a fairy tale prince.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I have. Go back and re-read the thread.
So far (from what I have seen) you have not presented any facts, you have argued in circles & seem to believe that a lack of information is somehow proof of God.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:41 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,549,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
God is not a life form or thing as we know it...somethings do exist without origin...
No, for there is clearly an origin for god(s), all of them. It is the fear born in the lack of knowledge, or ignorance.

If ancient man ever pondered "why" the sun traveled across the sky every day, without the knowledge, fear is the obvious outcome. Then comes the "what if's"; What if it is controlled by "something" and if I displease that "something" then it might withhold the sun. So let's make up "something" that has these powers and worship it, in the fear if we don't we will displease it.

All without evidence, just fears born in ignorance.

We are smarter than that today, but you would never know it watching the minions of fear march into buildings that exist solely because of ancient fears today. Gotta worship that "something" on a regular basis so as to not displease it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality