Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 08:24 AM

419 posts, read 435,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Binary display of 0 or 1 would at least be a good start. There either is a god, or there is not, it can not be both.
What if someone chooses a third option? You made up a 3rd option when given a binary choice.

//www.city-data.com/forum/26163740-post60.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 08:34 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,378,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralMissionary View Post
What if someone chooses a third option? You made up a 3rd option when given a binary choice.

//www.city-data.com/forum/26163740-post60.html
If there is a third option I am happy to consider it with an open mind.

What happened in the entirely off topic link you just pasted however is that you declared there was only two options, and I suggested a third, which you did not consider with an open mind because you had already decided there was only two and thus were not interested in even entertaining the possibility of a third.

So if you are aware of a third option then by all means adumbrate it for me. If not then I do not think what I just said is in any way relevant to the link you just pasted.

In the interim you would do well to learn the difference between there actually being only two options... or someone disagreeing with you on your declaration by fiat that there are only two options.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
If there is a third option I am happy to consider it with an open mind.

What happened in the entirely off topic link you just pasted however is that you declared there was only two options, and I suggested a third, which you did not consider with an open mind because you had already decided there was only two and thus were not interested in even entertaining the possibility of a third.

So if you are aware of a third option then by all means adumbrate it for me. If not then I do not think what I just said is in any way relevant to the link you just pasted.

In the interim you would do well to learn the difference between there actually being only two options... or someone disagreeing with you on your declaration by fiat that there are only two options.
I just had to chuckle because apparently it's only 2 choices when you're calling the shots....but the same rules don't apply when we put your back to the wall.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
I just had to chuckle because apparently it's only 2 choices when you're calling the shots....but the same rules don't apply when we put your back to the wall.
Again the difference has been lost on you. The difference is that I am willing to consider a third choice if you are willing to present one.

What YOU did however was declare there was only two, I gave you a third, but you ignored it saying that there is definitely only two.

I am not sure how to adumbrate the difference any better for you if it is now still lost on you.

Again: If you are aware of a third then I, unlike you, am very much open to considering it. What third option might you propose to the idea that either something exists... or it does not... and it cant be both? I am agog.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Again the difference has been lost on you. The difference is that I am willing to consider a third choice if you are willing to present one.

Why were you demanding a binary answer?

You are correct in that something either is, or isn't. The universe was either created, or it wasn't. But that's for the other thread--I won't hijack this one.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Why were you demanding a binary answer?

You are correct in that something either is, or isn't. The universe was either created, or it wasn't. But that's for the other thread--I won't hijack this one.
You already have.

The reason I suggested a binary answer is that I think there are only two answers. It exists, or it does not. You agree with this. So what your issue is I am not sure. However I never "demanded" a binary answer. Read the original post again. I said "Binary display of 0 or 1 would at least be a good start.".

The difference is however that I am willing to consider a third answer if you think there is one. The link you posted however was an example of you rejecting a third answer for no other reason then you want there to only be two.

Is the difference clear now or should I continue to explain it?

Old 09-26-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
You already have.

The reason I suggested a binary answer is that I think there are only two answers. It exists, or it does not. You agree with this. So what your issue is I am not sure. However I never "demanded" a binary answer. Read the original post again. I said "Binary display of 0 or 1 would at least be a good start.".

The difference is however that I am willing to consider a third answer if you think there is one. The link you posted however was an example of you rejecting a third answer for no other reason then you want there to only be two.

Is the difference clear now or should I continue to explain it?
The issue is that you made up a 3rd answer that was a nonsensical answer.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:28 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,691,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
It's already been done with this latest manifestation of the Black Box fraud

» The Vega test – a spectacular rip-off.

Once some bright spark comes up with the idea of applying it to measuring the presence of God, there's millions to be made.
I've found something that could do the job. Experimental Life-Energy Field Meter. Orgone is "all around us", so this device would detect/measure god all the time. New stickers will need to be made though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
Probably go to 12.
12 is good, because it is "2 more"

Old 09-26-2012, 12:07 PM

707 posts, read 688,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post

12 is good, because it is "2 more"
Now you've got it.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:52 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
Probably go to 12.
Well yea, if a theist designs it, yea, for they will tip any scale in their desperation to prove their fairy tale has any basis, and have yet to offer any evidence that will stand even the slightest bit of scrutiny.

Conclusion has been drawn, now the desperate search to find evidence that supports the conclusion. Fail

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality