Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2012, 07:49 AM

92 posts, read 108,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralMissionary View Post
Of course it has. Look around you. The evidence is there.
Where?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 07:50 AM

78 posts, read 141,507 times

PERFECT EXAMPLE INTELIGENT DESIGN

REAL small EYE hidden with black string, while bigger false eye drawn at the tail so predators going to be scared and not attack this little fish.

does this little fish know that it should cover her little eye and draw bigger false eyes to scare predators??? i dont think so

Old 09-28-2012, 07:58 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciko View Post

no, beacuse i believe in God more than even before, beacuse science leads me to God.
A Deistic God perhaps. Science, history and archaeology totally destroy the Biblical/Christian god.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:06 AM

78 posts, read 141,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
A Deistic God perhaps. Science, history and archaeology totally destroy the Biblical/Christian god.
i understand you man, beacuse if i read bible i would also be an atheist beacuse of absurdities in bible. but you dont need bible to confirm existence of God, i think if you read bible you can only disprove God with it. why , beacuse bible is written by people and it is not real word of God.

so judging God by something wich people have written is not fair.

science indeed proves God, even history and archology but only if you compare what God said in quran, beacuse quran is real word of god, unchanged since time of revelation, 1400 years.

If you doubt that quran is word of God, tell me then how could quran speak about Big bang, expansion of universe, pulsars, black holes, parallel universes and many other sciencetif stuff wich no human could know in 6th century in desert.

and tell me how could anyone without computer cinstruct such quran that it is a mathematyically programed book, where texts, chapter numbers and verses cooperate with each other.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:02 PM

707 posts, read 687,347 times
Quote:

no, beacuse i believe in God more than even before, beacuse science leads me to God.
so very true. excellent.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:30 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
so very true. excellent.
The false science of Intelligent design may convince,but it is a false trail and is no evidence for your belief.

Quote:
REAL small EYE hidden with black string, while bigger false eye drawn at the tail so predators going to be scared and not attack this little fish.

does this little fish know that it should cover her little eye and draw bigger false eyes to scare predators??? i dont think so
The pervasive but misconceived idea that creatures 'know' they have to develop these features to achieve a certain effect is based on lack of understanding of the demonstrated and proven mechanisms of evolution which are accepted (as Micro evolution) even by Creationists. That fish knows that it has to develop a false eye to scare away predators no more than you or I 'know' that we have to flinch to protect the eye when someone jabs at it.

Please do get to grips with the facts before we get more daft arguments like that and misguided Believers loudly applauding the utterly false 'evidence' of intelligent design.

As a p.s, both Bible and Quran apologists make a big deal about claiming examples of advanced scientific knowledge in the Bible. I have looked at a number of these and they turn out to be very free interpretation of poetic images of everyday occurrences and understanding such as even medieval writers could talk about or indeed utterly false claims such as the exact number of joints in the human skeleton, which is totally wrong.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 09-28-2012 at 06:39 PM..

Old 09-29-2012, 07:38 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,605 times

This image, called the Hubble eXtreme Deep Field (XDF), combines Hubble observations taken over the past decade of a small patch of sky in the constellation of Fornax. With a total of over two million seconds of exposure time, it is the deepest image of the Universe ever made, combining data from previous images including the Hubble Ultra Deep Field of 2002/3 and Hubble Ultra Deep Field infrared image of 2009.
The image covers an area less than a tenth of the width of the full Moon, making it just a 30 millionth of the whole sky. Yet even in this tiny fraction of the sky, the long exposure reveals about 5500 galaxies, some of them so distant we see them when the Universe was less than 5% of its current age.

The Hubble eXtreme Deep Field image contains several of the most distant objects ever identified.

Also to put the potential of life out there plausibility into perspective;

There are an estimated 300 sextillion stars in the universe.

If only 1% of those had a single planet, and 1% of those had a planet in the habitable zone, and 1% of those had a planet in the habitable zone with water, and 1% of those had life, and 1% of those had intelligent life, and 1% of those had intelligent life more advanced than us, then there would be 300 billion civilizations out there more advanced than us.

To illustrate how big that number is even further, if only 0.01% of those stars had planets, and 0.01% of those had planets with life, and 0.01% of those had intelligent life, and 0.01% had life more advanced than us, there'd still be 30 million other civilisations more advanced than us.

When you start with these types of numbers, the simplistic godunnot evaporates rather quickly. If the ancients had the Hubble telescope data we have today, they would have never published their garbage with such impunity.

Just remember this pic, those lines and lil' dots are GALAXIES not twinkle twinkle stars and this pic represents

1/3,000,000 of the total sky we can see

(pic and source of some data The Hubble eXtreme Deep Field (annotated) | ESA/Hubble)

Old 09-29-2012, 07:52 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Once mankind finds the end of eternity...then they can have a debate about the existence of God. That is simply not going to happen...They mystery of God will remain so...forever. This is simplistic but realistic. It's easy to cling to science and say there is no God- people just don't like the idea of a mystery that can not be solved- so they solve it prematurely..just to get the pesky God thing out of the way...I don't understand why those of science simply don't relax and let God exist. Why is there such a mindless passion to get rid of GOD?

The ancients had their version of God. Modern man now with increased awareness regarding eternity ...actually has more proof of an awesome God than ever before...all I know living on this bit of dust in space...is that myself with this little glob of grey matter called a brain- is aware and can think- and KNOW that we are on a speck of dust..that we think- Then surely all of eternity that can be viewed to a degree through devices such as the Hubble Telescope...must have a consciousness.

If we think- it thinks...It or God...is not some eternal mindless nothing...or an accident..This vast eternal thing we see is GOD...and we live in him- we are submerged in GOD.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:55 AM

When you observe what we know as the milky way, we are seeing one leg of our galaxy or one leg of the spiral. In that leg we see stars

These stars in our own galaxy may have life, The previous image is looking not to the milky way but beyond that. The galaxies are disc shaped and this view is from looking down on the disc. Obviously this is not a pic of our galaxy.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Once mankind finds the end of eternity...then they can have a debate about the existence of God. That is simply not going to happen...They mystery of God will remain so...forever. This is simplistic but realistic. It's easy to cling to science and say there is no God- people just don't like the idea of a mystery that can not be solved- so they solve it prematurely..just to get the pesky God thing out of the way...I don't understand why those of science simply don't relax and let God exist. Why is there such a mindless passion to get rid of GOD?

The ancients had their version of God. Modern man now with increased awareness regarding eternity ...actually has more proof of an awesome God than ever before...all I know living on this bit of dust in space...is that myself with this little glob of grey matter called a brain- is aware and can think- and KNOW that we are on a speck of dust..that we think- Then surely all of eternity that can be viewed to a degree through devices such as the Hubble Telescope...must have a consciousness.

If we think- it thinks...It or God...is not some eternal mindless nothing...or an accident..This vast eternal thing we see is GOD...and we live in him- we are submerged in GOD.
This is the problem with theists, they continually redefine god as science eradicates their "god gaps". The cosmos represent chaos and not order hence the BB has its proof by mere observation. The BBT was anyway posited by a clergyman of the RCC and is now accepted as solid science. Theists want to ask what was before the BB? When science has no answer or implies that is when time started, how can anyone have the audacity to ask what was before time?

A 13.5Bn yo universe is observable and so any biblegod claims are thus falsified, nothing happened in six days as reported and even so, the sequence is all screwed up as the ancients did not understand how photosynthesis worked. Ergo, all gods are man made and as such SCIENCE has no interest proving whether a god or god(s) exist or not. Suffice to say, much of the Greek and Roman and Nordic pantheons most folk accept as man made, the xian or muslim or hindu gods are no different, they too are imaginary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality