Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2012, 08:10 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Well not in the fantasies that you believe and preach.

Do you realize how utterly desperate your "god magic" for everything that is not understood (yet) is, for you don't have the answer either, and you have shut down your reasoning when you implement the willful ignorance "god magic".
You should read your own moniker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 08:56 AM

78 posts, read 141,598 times
science confirms God

in Quran you can read about modern scientific stuff wich was discovered with our techonology last 150 years, and dont forget quran came in 6th century. These scientific facts in quran are evidence that Quran has divine orginine, and that it is real Book of God.

let have a look on some of those scientific stuff.

God said this in quran.

Big bang

21:30- Do not these disbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were an integrated mass, which We then split, and from water We made all living things? Will they not believe even then? 21-The Prophets, 30

EXPANDING UNIVERSE

51:47- With power did We construct heaven. Verily, We are expanding it. 51-The Dispersing, 47

Pulsars/neutron stars in Quran

PULSARS

God says in quran:

V 1- By the heavens and The Knocker.
V 2- How will you comprehend what the The Knocker is?
V 3- It’s a piercing star.
86-The Knocker, V1-V3 [86 SURA AT-TARIQ, V1-V3]

The word “Tariq” stems from the root “TaRaQa” meaning “knocking, striking.” In many translations of the Quran this word was taken for a name and left untranslated. The word may also mean “to pulsate” like a beating heart, from which the word “pulsar” is derived, denoting an object that is far away in space, and like a star produces a regular radio signal.

LITTLE GREEN MEN OF THE UNIVERSE

In 1967 Jocellyn Bell accidentally stumbled on a gravity time warp a million times greater than that produced by the sun. The object she detected was emitting regular pulses. These pulses were reminiscent of heart-beats. At the time, such a pulsating object was not known to exist in space. At first, it was concluded that these signals might well have been propagated by intelligent beings, inhabitants of other planets. Invitation cards were printed, the media were notified and a seminar was arranged. LGM (Little Green Men) signified that intelligent creatures had been detected and were contacted by radio signals. Not long after, the source of the signals in question was discovered: it was a spinning neutron star, an object whose velocity was incommensurably great. The neutron star had another name: “pulsar.” Bell’s discovery failed to establish contact with the inhabitants of space, but she had found pulsars. The words “pulsar” and “pulsating” seem to accord with the word Tariq of the Quran, which means “knocker.”

CAN YOU COMPREHEND WHAT A PULSAR IS?

In the second verse of the sura, The Knocker, we read: “How will you comprehend what The Knocker is?” A spoonful of matter taken from a pulsar would weigh one billion tons. Were we to depose a small particle of it on earth, the particle would pierce it and end up in its center. Just think of it, a spoonful of any matter on earth hardly weighing more than a few grams! This shows how difficult it is to conceive of a pulsar. A pulsar is produced by the compression of stars a couple of times bigger than the sun. The diameter of a pulsar can be about 15-20 km. Were we to compress our world in a like manner, we would have a sphere of 100 meters of diameter. It takes the earth 24 hours to rotate around its own axis, whereas the pulsar rotates around its own axis many times per second; all these things show how difficult it is to comprehend this striking, pulsating star.

LET’S SEE IF YOU CAN WORK A MIRACLE

Some have tried to identify the star mentioned in the verse and have claimed it to be a certain celestial body, like Saturn or Venus. Mustafa Mlivo, who claims these assumptions are not correct and that “Tariq” is none other than a pulsar, says the following:

Characteristics of the celestial object mentioned in 86:1-3 are:

1- It pulsates (knocks);
2- It is a star;
3- It penetrates, pierces, drills.

None of the solar system planets meets all those criteria because:

A- None of the planets produces pulsations that give the impression of knocking, beating.
B- None of them is a star. They are cold celestial bodies.
C- None of them produces such an intensive radiation.

As one can see, the Quran had already mentioned a star that was to be discovered. This star was indeed discovered, but in the year 1970. Since the concept of a “pulsating star” could not be imagined at that time, it was rendered in translation as it stood, i.e., “Tariq,” the meaning of it being explained in footnotes, in dictionaries and interpretations.

The Quran whose every sentence, every word is based on the finest of meanings, wherein lie hidden realms still to be discovered. The more we study the Quran, the more we are enlightened, the more we learn.

sounds of pulsars
The Sounds of Pulsars

PSR B0329+54
This pulsar is a typical, normal pulsar, rotating with a period of 0.714519 seconds, i.e. close to 1.40 rotations/sec.

listen here how it Knocks
http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/pulsar/Education/Sounds/B0329.au

PSR B0833-45, The Vela Pulsar
This pulsar lies near the centre of the Vela supernova remnant, which is the debris of the explosion of a massive star about 10,000 years ago. The pulsar is the collapsed core of this star, rotating with a period of 89 milliseconds or about 11 times a second.

listen here how it Knocks
http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/pulsar/Education/Sounds/vela.au

HOW COULD MUHAMMED OR ANYBODY ELSE KNOW THE CARACTERISTICS OF PULSARS WHEN THEY HAD NOT TELESCOPES , COMPUTERS AND AMPLIFIERS?

Black Holes in Quran

Black Holes described by God in the Quran - YouTube

God said about parallell universes in quran

67:3 He(God) created seven universes in layers.

From Universe to Multiverse - YouTube

THE UNIVERSE IN GASEOUS/SMOKE STATE

Then He turned to the heaven when it was smoke...(The Noble Quran, 41:11)"

Figure 10: A new star forming out of a cloud of gas and dust (nebula), which is one of the remnants of the ‘smoke’ that was the origin of the whole universe. (The Space Atlas, Heather and Henbest, p. 50.)

Geomtry of Universe flat like a sheet of paper

God says in quran:

The Day that We roll up the heavens like a scroll rolled up for books (completed),- even as We produced the first creation, so shall We produce a new one: a promise We have undertaken: truly shall We fulfill it. (The Noble Quran, 21:104)"

a scroll

what does NASA say about this:
Quote:
NASA's discovery only 8 years ago!
The following link and quote were sent to me by brother Usman; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him.

"The simplest version of the inflationary theory, an extension of the Big Bang theory, predicts that the density of the universe is very close to the critical density, and that the geometry of the universe is flat, like a sheet of paper. That is the result confirmed by the WMAP science."

Iron was sent down

God says in quran:

And we SENT DOWN THE IRON,wherein there is strength, and many benefits for the people[57:25]

look here how God sent down iron , explanation by discovery channel

Quran Miracle, GOD sent down the Iron, confirmed by DISCOVERY CHANNEL - YouTube

Quran Miracle, GOD sent down the Iron, confirmed by DISCOVERY CHANNEL - YouTube

WELL PROTECTED ROOF, ozone layer and van Allen belt

God said:

32- And We made the sky a well protected roof. Still they turn away from its signs.
21-The Prophets, 32

The atmosphere is a gaseous envelope of 10,000 km surrounding our planet, invisible to the eye. Millions of meteorites of varying sizes keep falling from space in the direction of our world. Despite its transparent structure, our atmosphere puts up a bold front against this meteorite bombardment like a steel shield. Had it not been for this feature, there would have been no life on earth, and our world would have been riddled with holes. We witnessed a sample of it when we landed
on the moon. Meteor showers kept hitting the surface and the meteoric bodies of greater volume penetrated the crust of the moon, digging deep holes on it. Meteors strike the molecules in the atmosphere with a great speed, and the heat generated turns them into dust particles before disappearing in the air.

The atmosphere also has the function filtering the harmful rays of the sun, protecting life on earth against extinction. This ingenious design partially absorbs incident electromagnetic radiation. Thus, the atmosphere filters the rays harmful to life while letting the rays that foster life on earth pass through. The heavens perfectly perform the duties and functions apportioned to them by God, and unfold before the eyes of those able to discriminate intelligent and teleological creation.

The verse refers once more to the dogmatic disbelievers blind to these marvels. All these formations in the atmosphere show the design behind them, namely, the creation and perpetuation of life. The approximate temperature in space is -270 degrees Celsius. Our earth is protected against this cold thanks to the atmosphere. The atmosphere prevents the energy directed to the earth from going back to space. The atmosphere arranges an even distribution of heat on earth by meteorological phenomena. A hot air mass is thus carried to parts less warm in the atmosphere, establishing a balance between the overheated equatorial and the cold polar regions. Protection from the lethal cold and heat is secured thanks to the perfect design of the atmosphere. The Arabic word “sema” (meaning sky, heaven in addition to its signification of atmosphere) may have the connotation of the entirety of space and the phenomena taking place in it, as well.

VAN ALLEN BELTS

The Van Allen belts protect us against radiation bombardment. Had it not been for this, life on earth would have been impossible. The lethal cosmic rays coming from the stars other than the sun cannot penetrate this shield. These plasma clouds can reach 100 billion-fold the value of the atom bomb dropped over Hiroshima. Thanks to the Van Allen belts at a distance of 60,000 km from the world, the solar winds cannot penetrate the earth we live in. The “Well protected roof” in the verse 21:32 was the result of the speed of rotation of our world, its position in relation to the sun, the structure, the shape and thickness of atmospheric layers, the structure of the core of the earth, the proportion of the constituents in its composition and the perfect and harmonious combinations of a multitude of parameters have made this possible. The Author of all these prerequisites for our life cannot be other than the Creator Himself. Logic and conscience cannot accept that all these protective measures in the sky have come about fortuitously and that the Quran was the product of a human intellect and genius.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:55 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
It's arrogant to think he's ignorant...and maybe ignorant to be arrogant.
Believing that man was formed from a clump of dirt/mud that an imaginary god blew on to bring to life is ignorant. Saying that such a belief is ignorant is to merely state the obvious based on knowledge, and if you want to call that arrogance, then do so in your ignorance.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:15 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
No intelligent design found in the universe

Intelligent Design is Stupid: Neil deGrasse Tyson - YouTube

Old 09-29-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
No intelligent design found in the universe

Intelligent Design is Stupid: Neil deGrasse Tyson - YouTube
that is not truth,

watch this

Scientists talk about God, Is there a God? Evidence from universe that God exists - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7rqmFsHFR0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-cjbaXkbbU

Old 09-29-2012, 06:23 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Wink Oh My… Dr. Predicto speaks again!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralMissionary View Post

Yet, it doesn't keep guys like you from spouting off about how things work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical-rflmn
Well, as they say, when yah knows, yah knows, right? The apple falls from the tree due to gravity, not divine intervention, RM! Proven. Like all the other stuff the logical Q&A process labelled as The Scientific Method has "discovered", but that used to be explained far less logically and far more supernaturally. So why assume there's still some supernatural requirements left out there? Where's the necessity? Answer: T'ain't none, suhhhnnn!
As I've explained in the past posts...if it was not intelligent, it would have happened as soon as the conditions arose for it to happen. Thus, the universe would have come into existence an infinite amount of time ago--which we know is not true.
Oh blah blah. The universe came into existence when it did because of the occurrence of those conditions, but who says they had to happen on your timetable? Rather, they occurred because of a chance confluence of intersecting alternate realities or of forces that required that chance meeting. And, to boot, I'm sad to have to tell you this, RM, but it may (probably DID, in fact…) exist previously, and is just re-occurring. I know, I know: this is too much for the theoretically limited mind of a Christian ,who has been brainwashed into requiring 1) a Designer, and 2) a Designed Event.

Because if you don't allow randomness & chaos in your imagined Godly Universe, how then do you explain how it occurs each and every day right in front of your own eyes? Example abound, btw.

Or is God (as a nutball ex-friend and now vigorous born-again Christian acquaintance of mine assures me..) managing each and every sub-atomic particle in the universe, simultaneously, right now as I type and you read? All the resonating sub-A particles and bosonic interactions in, lets say, just the forward corneal quadrant of your left eyeball alone, are entirely due to the Lord's hand dancing on the Big Control Console in The Sky?

Wow! Now that's an ultra-busy boy!

Q: can you always tell me exactly which dice will always come up in a Craps game? No? Well hell, brother, why not? Never heard of chance and chaos? You assume there's even less opportunities for pure randomness out in the real universe? You ever take a pure theoretical physics course, RM? I'm thinkin' NO.

You boyz really do have a personal desperate need for Pre-assumed Order and a designated Director of Things, don't you? Q: Ever wonder why He is so anthropomorphic in His form and the way He thinks and works? Does that in any tiny little way speak of us being His designer rather than the other way around? I mean, just possibly? No, I suppose you wouldn't EVER allow such an obvious idea to enter your pre-determined head, huh?

Oddball (Oh, and faulty..) logic for sure.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:44 PM

Default Faked Self-aggrandizement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciko View Post
science confirms God

in Quran you can read about modern scientific stuff wich was discovered with our techonology last 150 years, and dont forget quran came in 6th century. These scientific facts in quran are evidence that Quran has divine orginine, and that it is real Book of God.
In short, this is a tiresome line of vapid reasoning that Muslims trot out regularly. Yes, in ancient civilizations, the ME countries, under Muslim rule, did observe and make some good observations. For their day. But without the equipment and Scientific Method processes of today and the past 150 or so years, their accumulation of knowledge did, in fact, grind to a total halt.

It all stopped hundreds of years ago, and certainly did not cover any of what we have since learned. As time has passed, and without the meddling influences and pre-determined mandates and harsh disciplines of organized religion, with it's hand firmly around the throat of truly objective and open-minded scientific inquiry, the West have discovered all the scientific truths over the past several centuries.

I see nothing of Islam in modern space exploration, essentially no significant Islamic participation in global theoretical science (i,e,: sub-atomic nuclear physics, quantum theory and advanced mathematics ideas, Evolutionary biology and advanced biochemistry, DNA mapping technology, astronomy, telescope design and construction, including something as advanced as a self-operating Hubble astro-scope, an Islamic moon base, an Islamic Mars Rover, the VOyager space probe, or ANY financial or physical participation in The International Space Station, and so on.)

Question: in a purely Islamic school, are the children allowed to participate in truly open-minded science classes and experimental labs to identify and see for themselves the truth about how things work? All without an Islamic interpretation? I doubt it.

Then, I'd like you to provide us with a list of Nobel Science winners from Islamic backgrounds if you would. (Oh, and then, provide us with a list of Jewish Nobel winners, just for the fun of it!)

Sorry, but it's obvious to me that the Islamic brainwashers have obviously gotten to you as well. You have provided essentially nothing to indicate that Allah or The Qu'Ran had anything to do with the realities of purpose and origin we've clearly identified all around us.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:52 AM

Default Facts.

Since you did not respond to my earlier question, ciko, I have provided this very interesting website:

Jewish and Arab Islam Nobel Prize Winners

As it summarizes, with a high worldwide and diversely located percentage of Muslims, 2 out of every 10 people being of the Muslim faith, they have accrued only 6 Nobel Prizes, and only two in the sciences. (if you read this website, you'll also see that a Swedish Nobel judge resigned after Yasser Arafat received a Nobel Peace Prize, since Yasser was obviously an out-and-out terrorist, not a peaceful man!) This would thus reduce the overall Islamic Nobel count to only 5 achievements out of 1.4 Billion people! Hardly notable!

Meantime, a mere 12 million Jews worldwide have received an astounding 165 Nobel Prizes!

I also note that you summarily dismiss the video by Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson, a noted well-published, very intelligent and logical astro-physicist, with a simple "This is not true!" statement, while then countering with a video made by a mere book author, with no scientific credentials, but who says things you like the sound of, as "proof" of a god.

Hardly. Tell me; what happened to your logical mind, ciko?

And so, what do you conclude about the significant discrepancy in Nobel winners, ciko? I'd like to know your independent thoughts, if you are allowed to have those.

Last edited by rifleman; 09-30-2012 at 03:01 AM..

Old 09-30-2012, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
In short, this is a tiresome line of vapid reasoning that Muslims trot out regularly. Yes, in ancient civilizations, the ME countries, under Muslim rule, did observe and make some good observations. For their day. But without the equipment and Scientific Method processes of today and the past 150 or so years, their accumulation of knowledge did, in fact, grind to a total halt.

It all stopped hundreds of years ago, and certainly did not cover any of what we have since learned. As time has passed, and without the meddling influences and pre-determined mandates and harsh disciplines of organized religion, with it's hand firmly around the throat of truly objective and open-minded scientific inquiry, the West have discovered all the scientific truths over the past several centuries.

I see nothing of Islam in modern space exploration, essentially no significant Islamic participation in global theoretical science (i,e,: sub-atomic nuclear physics, quantum theory and advanced mathematics ideas, Evolutionary biology and advanced biochemistry, DNA mapping technology, astronomy, telescope design and construction, including something as advanced as a self-operating Hubble astro-scope, an Islamic moon base, an Islamic Mars Rover, the VOyager space probe, or ANY financial or physical participation in The International Space Station, and so on.)

Question: in a purely Islamic school, are the children allowed to participate in truly open-minded science classes and experimental labs to identify and see for themselves the truth about how things work? All without an Islamic interpretation? I doubt it.

Then, I'd like you to provide us with a list of Nobel Science winners from Islamic backgrounds if you would. (Oh, and then, provide us with a list of Jewish Nobel winners, just for the fun of it!)

Sorry, but it's obvious to me that the Islamic brainwashers have obviously gotten to you as well. You have provided essentially nothing to indicate that Allah or The Qu'Ran had anything to do with the realities of purpose and origin we've clearly identified all around us.
Quote:

the West have discovered all the scientific truths over the past several centuries.
not true , you dont know the history man

Inovations by muslims, everything you use in your home is almost invetned by muslims

The Islamic Civilization - YouTube

Science and Islam: Part 1: The Language of Science - YouTube

Science and Islam: Part 2: The Empire of Reason - YouTube

BBC Science and Islam 3 - The Power of Doubt - YouTube

Muslim Heritage In Our Hospitals - Bettany Hughes - YouTube

Ibn Al-Haytham - The First Scientist - Origin of the Camera - YouTube

Chemistry in Muslim Civilisation - Soaps, Perfumes, Petrol - YouTube

Islamic Inventions [Part One] - YouTube

Top 10 Muslim Inventions - YouTube

Old 09-30-2012, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I also note that you summarily dismiss the video by Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson, a noted well-published, very intelligent and logical astro-physicist, with a simple "This is not true!" statement, while then countering with a video made by a mere book author, with no scientific credentials, but who says things you like the sound of, as "proof" of a god.

Hardly. Tell me; what happened to your logical mind, ciko?

And so, what do you conclude about the significant discrepancy in Nobel winners, ciko? I'd like to know your independent thoughts, if you are allowed to have those.
Quote:
I also note that you summarily dismiss the video by Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson

i have watched that video probably before you even see that video, long time ago, atheists put that video in my face wich i have debunked long time ago.

Quote:

And so, what do you conclude about the significant discrepancy in Nobel winners, ciko? I'd like to know your independent thoughts, if you are allowed to have those
beacuse muslims have left islam and dont follow teachings of islam properlly where God urges muslims to explore uiverse, and nature, that is why they have become backward people in science. beacuse they did not follow commandments of God.

but when they follow islam, then you can see in those videos above what they achieved before , they were leaders in science before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality