Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2016, 12:01 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,869,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I think you need a reality check. An online discussion board IS NOT REAL LIFE.
Yet every day you treat it as if it was by crying like a baby because you think someone has 'attacked' you.

Quote:
We are debating topics that can be controversial, and you think I should just lay down and refuse to defend my faith because you and your friends are delicate snowflakes who can't stand someone who doesn't bow down to intelligence?
Quite right old son! You keep kicking against intelligence.

Quote:
You don't know 99% of my life experiences so to make such a claim is just arrogant and dishonest.
Ditto regarding your claims against atheists

Quote:
If that really sticks in your mind that much, you need to stop taking an online discussion forum so seriously.
Ditto regarding your claims that you are being 'attacked'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 06:45 AM

10,093 posts, read 5,743,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Does that mean I also hate Bigfoot, or Nessie?

I wonder who most uses the word "hate" on here -such an overused word imo.
Do you dedicate every day of your live railing against Bigfoot believers and demanding that any Bigfoot literature be erased from public sight?

Old 12-21-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Do you dedicate every day of your live railing against Bigfoot believers and demanding that any Bigfoot literature be erased from public sight?
The people that believe in Bigfoot are not trying to get laws passed based on what they think Bigfoot wants for us.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:14 AM

18,502 posts, read 9,177,116 times
Quote:
I would hope no one subscribes to the lie because it is a lie. It's the lie of atheism. All you are doing here is showing me that when we strip your beliefs to the core, you really don't buy fully into atheism and evolution. In that world, the chicken dinner has just as much value and right to life as your wife. If someone truly buys into evolution then they are a hypocrite for blasting the Bible about slavery when in turn, they have no problem taking their family to the zoo. They are supporting slavery in that context.
This is a whole new level of in(s)anity.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:37 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,609,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post

To soon

Old 12-21-2016, 07:48 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,332,742 times
Quote:
I don't recall ever saying that, and if I did, it had to be in some specific type of context and something I posted a long time ago. If that really sticks in your mind that much, you need to stop taking an online discussion forum so seriously. I can honestly say that when I walk away from the computer, your and your buddies venomous comments don't linger for long.

Well here's a suggestion. Get this, it may be so hard for you to grasp, but here's all you and your friends have to do. Be NICE. Stop attacking me personally and throwing big fits just because I have a different viewpoint. I have said from the beginning. All I want is a friendly non-hostile conversation. Sad that this is practically IMPOSSIBLE with atheist ilk because they hate God so much. And you hate God because you belong to Satan now. It's a heartbreaking reality.

You are actually engaged in any discussion that I get involved in and say nothing when your friends do mock and rip apart Christians so that makes you just as guilty in my book.
This whole god hating accusation as grown very childish and repetabive. So I belong to Satan now, what are we in Grade 3. A network photo of a four week old puppy has more affect on me then your Satan every could if he really existed. How can you expect to have a non hostile conversation with a group you think are totally despicable, liars, haters and sub humans? Even you view of our worldview is a cariture of what we think and believe and do not think or do not believe.

And who are these Christians? The same ones that you call atheists and therefore are without human emotions? You hide behind your religion.

And let me say that as far as I am concerned your God is no more real than any of the other gods the only difference is that there are enough of you that believe in the one flavour of god to make it possible to shape society to make it a society where only those of the one flavour can have any sense of belonging or rights.

And how about you being nice for a start. We do not hate your god because we do not think he even exists. You can disagree with our thoughts all you want but your words tell me that you do not think we even have the right to think he does not exist. Without accepting that this is our view you will never show us any respect and if you refuse to even respect that we have our own thoughts and ideas why should we respect yours?

As are as I an aware there is no evidence for the existence of any gods or goddesses and with failure to see any credible evidence I do not choose one of the gods at random to believe in. There is no hate there Jeff from me anyways, not sure I can say the same from you.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Indeed! I really do think he needs help.

Last edited by Rafius; 12-21-2016 at 08:45 AM..

Old 12-21-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Typical atheist condescending comment. Prove me wrong if you can then.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:13 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,332,742 times
Quote:
Typical atheist condescending comment. Prove me wrong if you can then.

Well Freak, Jeff gives you a choice, you can either believe in his God or you can be a sub human with no human feelings and cannot love your wife or kids. Those are the only choices he allows us. Not agreeing with him is a personal attack and is hostile on your part.

Jeff. I love my wife and I do not believe in any gods and especially the way you describe this think you call God. That is more proof than you used in claiming that I cannot love my wife. I love her and do not believe in any gods. Your turn to disprove that statement if you can.

Maybe you should go outside your normal circle and go talk to religious leaders from other denominations to see if this idea that atheists are all liars and sub humans is universal to all religious groups. Go see a Rabi, a Priest and a few different Pastors and discuss this topic with them. Your concepts are totally out of line with reality on this subject.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
This whole god hating accusation as grown very childish and repetabive. So I belong to Satan now, what are we in Grade 3. A network photo of a four week old puppy has more affect on me then your Satan every could if he really existed. How can you expect to have a non hostile conversation with a group you think are totally despicable, liars, haters and sub humans? Even you view of our worldview is a cariture of what we think and believe and do not think or do not believe.
Silly statements. Of course you are going to deny that Satan exists and has no effect on you. I would be shocked if you admitted the opposite. And it is certainly in Satan's best interest to make you think he doesn't exist. Otherwise, you might be pounding on the church door. I don't expect to have a non-hostile conversation typically, but there is always hope that I might finally engage with an atheist who didn't come off incredibly arrogant and egotistical. I also expect to never see an atheist admit that I am right about anything I post.

Quote:

And let me say that as far as I am concerned your God is no more real than any of the other gods the only difference is that there are enough of you that believe in the one flavour of god to make it possible to shape society to make it a society where only those of the one flavour can have any sense of belonging or rights.
And I don't think Zeus is real either. Funny, I never had the desire to seek out Zeus followers and bash them on a daily basis.

Quote:

And how about you being nice for a start. We do not hate your god because we do not think he even exists. You can disagree with our thoughts all you want but your words tell me that you do not think we even have the right to think he does not exist. Without accepting that this is our view you will never show us any respect and if you refuse to even respect that we have our own thoughts and ideas why should we respect yours?
I am nice. You would be hard pressed to find a single post where I called someone out by NAME and ran down their character. You and your friends do this every day to me specifically. I honestly don't care, but it's the lack of accountability that does grate on me.

Quote:

Is are as I an aware there is no evidence for the existence of any gods or goddesses and with failure to see any credible evidence I do not choose one of the gods at random to believe in. There is no hate there Jeff from me anyways, not sure I can say the same from you.
The evidence is out there if someone truly desires to seek it. Atheists do not. Their tone, actions and words are proof of a deeply rooted hatred for God. You can deny it all you want, but it's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality