Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2016, 09:49 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,334,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Silly statements. Of course you are going to deny that Satan exists and has no effect on you. I would be shocked if you admitted the opposite. And it is certainly in Satan's best interest to make you think he doesn't exist. Otherwise, you might be pounding on the church door. I don't expect to have a non-hostile conversation typically, but there is always hope that I might finally engage with an atheist who didn't come off incredibly arrogant and egotistical. I also expect to never see an atheist admit that I am right about anything I post.

And I don't think Zeus is real either. Funny, I never had the desire to seek out Zeus followers and bash them on a daily basis.

I am nice. You would be hard pressed to find a single post where I called someone out by NAME and ran down their character. You and your friends do this every day to me specifically. I honestly don't care, but it's the lack of accountability that does grate on me.

The evidence is out there if someone truly desires to seek it. Atheists do not. Their tone, actions and words are proof of a deeply rooted hatred for God. You can deny it all you want, but it's true.

When the followers of Zeus start calling atheists liars, what religion taught in science classes and treatment based entirely on the whims of the person dealing with them then I will speak out against some of the words and actions of the followers of Zeus.

When an atheist does agree with you that post is either ignored or you someone twist it to find something that you object to so your statement that an atheists has never ever agreed with you is false. It is not worth my time to dig them based on your past actions.

And you call us egotistical and arrogant when yourself refuse to even believe that we could possibly exist with not believing in your god and Satan? Satan doesn't even exist in every religion in this world. Yes a few atheists do seem to hate the entire concept of religion and thus perhaps god but there is tonnes of hate coming from yourself Mr. Jeff and not just of atheists, but of any gays who wants to be treated as equals and any Christian who has a different concept of what God tells or wants of its people. How many Christians on this Forum tell me that I cannot love my wife or miss my dead dogs other than yourself? How many Christians on this forum tells us to compare our love of our wife to the eating of chicken for dinner? No that is just you Jeff. Arrogant, dishonest and with hardly a shred of empathy and certainly none of what you call agape love comes from you to anyone who does not share your identical viewpoint.

No you are not nice, you hide behind lumping us all the same so that you do not have to defend yourself when you label us as nasty, haters, liars etc. You actually run down all of our's total character each time you rant about what an atheists is like and how they thing. How can you fail to see that? If you want to be nice try treating us as individuals and not starting each conversation with a statement calling us liars or haters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 09:54 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,213,993 times
Quote:
Do you DENY that you are unique?
Nope. I've never so much as hinted I wasn't unique so why you brought that up, instead of answering the questions about who created chemicals, I have no idea.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:16 AM

10,093 posts, read 5,746,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Well Freak, Jeff gives you a choice, you can either believe in his God or you can be a sub human with no human feelings and cannot love your wife or kids. Those are the only choices he allows us. Not agreeing with him is a personal attack and is hostile on your part.
Please show me where I have ever said that atheists are sub-human. I happen to believe all people are created equal by God. I don't view myself as any better than the other person.

Quote:

Jeff. I love my wife and I do not believe in any gods and especially the way you describe this think you call God. That is more proof than you used in claiming that I cannot love my wife. I love her and do not believe in any gods. Your turn to disprove that statement if you can.
I don't have to prove anything. If you truly subscribe to atheism then you have to believe that your love is nothing more than the same physical reaction that occurs when you eat a piece of chocolate. Science can't prove love. God can. It proves you have a heart. But as an atheist, you have to desperately find physical tangible explanations for everything. Or else your house of cards comes crashing down.

Quote:

Maybe you should go outside your normal circle and go talk to religious leaders from other denominations to see if this idea that atheists are all liars and sub humans is universal to all religious groups. Go see a Rabi, a Priest and a few different Pastors and discuss this topic with them. Your concepts are totally out of line with reality on this subject.
They probably would be indifferent to the topic because atheists almost ALWAYS exclusively attack Christianity and ONLY Christianity.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:24 AM

18,505 posts, read 9,181,750 times
Quote:
I don't have to prove anything. If you truly subscribe to atheism then you have to believe that your love is nothing more than the same physical reaction that occurs when you eat a piece of chocolate. Science can't prove love. God can. It proves you have a heart. But as an atheist, you have to desperately find physical tangible explanations for everything. Or else your house of cards comes crashing down.
What??

Does anyone understand what Jeff is saying here?

Old 12-21-2016, 10:27 AM

18,505 posts, read 9,181,750 times
Quote:
They probably would be indifferent to the topic because atheists almost ALWAYS exclusively attack Christianity and ONLY Christianity.
You must not read much atheist material. There's plenty of material against other religions, particularly Islam.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:28 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,839,148 times
Quote:
Yea and if you searched the web for atheists that post in Arabic, you would probably see the majority of them arguing against Islam. Go figure. Search for atheists in English, find them arguing against the largest religion in the English speaking world. Do you really need people to explain to you why this might be the case? I would hope you would be bright enough to connect the dots on your own.

Old 12-21-2016, 11:17 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,334,303 times
Quote:
Please show me where I have ever said that atheists are sub-human. I happen to believe all people are created equal by God. I don't view myself as any better than the other person.

You make up so much stuff it is nor even funny.

The biggest difference between you and me is that when you tell me that you believe in your God and that the Bible is a literal book I believe that you actually what you say, even the parts that to me sound really unbelievable. However when I state that I do not believe in any gods you take that as a personal attack, tell me that for me to say that I do not believe makes me a liar and a hater and that I must accept whatever twisted version of science and atheism you throw out there.

Many atheist have little knowledge or interest in science, many people who believe in a god do. And when you deny that we have the ability t9 love, despair, have hope, empathy, kindness, sadness and sorrow you are indeed making us out to be sub humans or at least to dehumanize each and every one of us. And I will take a lesson in science or atheism from you after you have shown any actual knowledge of either.

Plus you missed my entire point about seeking info from other religious people but it sounds likepriests, pastors or reverend may not be Christian in your mind.

Old 12-21-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Yea and if you searched the web for atheists that post in Arabic, you would probably see the majority of them arguing against Islam. Go figure. Search for atheists in English, find them arguing against the largest religion in the English speaking world. Do you really need people to explain to you why this might be the case? I would hope you would be bright enough to connect the dots on your own.
And how many other religions are debated here? Yeah, I rest my case.

Old 12-21-2016, 11:25 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,839,148 times
Quote:
And how many other religions are debated here? Yeah, I rest my case.
With this it is clear you did not even read the post you quoted. Here is an easy question for you: What language are the City-Data forums in?

Old 12-21-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
You make up so much stuff it is nor even funny.

The biggest difference between you and me is that when you tell me that you believe in your God and that the Bible is a literal book I believe that you actually what you say, even the parts that to me sound really unbelievable. However when I state that I do not believe in any gods you take that as a personal attack, tell me that for me to say that I do not believe makes me a liar and a hater and that I must accept whatever twisted version of science and atheism you throw out there.

Many atheist have little knowledge or interest in science, many people who believe in a god do. And when you deny that we have the ability t9 love, despair, have hope, empathy, kindness, sadness and sorrow you are indeed making us out to be sub humans or at least to dehumanize each and every one of us. And I will take a lesson in science or atheism from you after you have shown any actual knowledge of either.
I never said or claim that atheists lack the ability to exhibit those traits. You twist my words. More condescending garbage and I had my fill for today.

Block List time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality