Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 11:33 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,379 times

Advertisements

Now here it is again...save your self the hassle...save yourself the sorrow...save your self the pain, and tears...Put it down that Idol..and do not support their sins and evils....and Live...even if they kill you...do not support them...who do !

Turn...walk away....and live....promises were made...God keeps his word!...and he doesn't tell lies to kill people...for gain!...He tells the truth...and gains all he wants..which is Good..and pure of heart, and sound in mind, and spirit of that one or two or many..whom they have slaughtered or silenced or imprisoned .....So they can say "EVIL AND SIN" ARE OK TO DO FOR $$$ or under .....and it is not so!...RIGHT?..IF I HAVE BEEN WRONGED< AND TOLD TO SEEK THERIPY?...SO LET US TURN THE TABLE ON EM...FOR A WHILE>...SO THEY LEARN HOW TO STOP IT..WAR..GOD GAVE US THE SOLUTION.."DO NO MORE SIN" "AND BE FORGIVEN".
MAKES PERFECT SENSE NOW EH?...IS IT TOO LATE?....PERHAPS?

Last edited by Sir Les; 01-25-2013 at 11:45 AM..

Old 01-25-2013, 11:42 AM

63,834 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes you are treating the brain's ability to sense fields differently from its ability to take other stimuli from the environment and interpret them. I know why you do not consider it relevant. You cannot answer it without revealing your bias and double standard driven by atheism. Stop misrepresenting what is being done. The brain is not being specifically tricked into sensing anything. It is simply being exposed to fields. The brain decides how to interpret what the fields mean. Our entire reality exists within a universal field (probably of the dark energy/matter type that is not currently accessible to our instruments). There is no "outside" within the universal field. Our Spirit's (consciousness) sense of its "location" within the universal field is typically determined by the physical sensors of the body . . . giving the illusion that its locus is within the body. But our Spirit (consciousness) is an energy field phenomenon that actually resides within the universal field itself. It is only temporally associated with the body while we are physically alive and reproducing more of it as we think and feel. By shutting down the "thinking and feeling" machinery . . . we can access our actual state and locus which is interpreted by the brain as no longer attached to the physical body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Yes the brain is being tricked. Nor does it "decide" how to interpret the artificial data you are exposing it to. It does not have such a choice. As the convieniently ignored post above you points out the brain has no choice but to assume the input has come from the sources at the other end of the input pathways it received it from.
I see no post above to ignore. The brain DOES automatically interpret the stimuli its receives based on how it receives it.
Quote:
So if you get the link between the ear and the brain and use artificial means to drop nonsense input into the middle of that system - the brain has no choice but to interpret it as sound data.

And if you get the link between the sense of balance+position and the brain and drop nonsense input into the middle of that system - the brain has no choice but to interpret it as balance and position data.

And much like your own posts since you are putting nonsense into a system you get nonsense results out of it too - such as the brain thinking position is off and you are therefore somehow "outside" your own body. You feed in false position data - the brain will calculate a false position result.

The brain is not sensing the field. The field is interfereing with what the brain is sensing.
This is a common misunderstanding of field phenomenon . . . since there is nothing BUT field phenomena in our reality. Our conditioned perceptions of a physical world biases our understanding into a discrete interpreted materiality and blinds us to fact that we are an integral part of the entire actual reality. Space is an illusion created by the requirement for our consciousness to form sequentially into the instantaneous composites of awareness we use to experience space and time. Time is the only feature which is shared by both physical reality and our consciousness. Space is derivative. In all things except time our perception is only symbolical and the dissimilarity of the stimulus and its conscious registration is striking. The impact of photons is translated into visual qualities, the impact of air waves into auditory qualities, molecular impacts as touch, taste, scent, cold, warmth, etc. Only time has a structural equivalence in the physical world and in our consciousness.
Quote:
So to repeat for the tenth or so time: Tricking the brain into thinking it is outside it's own body is -not- evidence that human consciousness actually can leave it's own body.
Repeating your nonsense is just annoying . . . not probative. There is no "outside" within the universal field where our consciousness (Spirit) resides. "Outside" is an entirely interpreted concept limited to our material bodies and their sensed and interpreted loci within the universal field.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:43 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,428,209 times
Your ability to ignore posts that challange you is immense if you can not see that immedietly preceeding post 55 there is a post 54. I have heard of blinkered vision but you take it to some extremes.

Quote:
I see no post above to ignore. The brain DOES automatically interpret the stimuli its receives based on how it receives it.
Yes and we are artificially causing it to receive it via pathways that it assumes are linked to certain senses. If we feed it nonsense data through the pathways associated with sight then it will process this as nonsense vision. If we feed it nonsense data through the pathways associated with balance and position then it will process this with a nonsense conclusion on your position.

There is no shock or mysticism or supernatural stuff there. Artificially tricking it into concluding you are outside your own body in no way evidences that one can actually travel outside ones own body or that consciousness can survive death or - or seperation from - the brain.

If these facts - or being told them - are "annoying" to you then I feel for you - I do - but they are not going to go away. Perhaps consider a holiday. I just went on one with the girls and it was very good.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:25 AM

63,834 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
I see no post above to ignore. The brain DOES automatically interpret the stimuli its receives based on how it receives it. This is a common misunderstanding of field phenomenon . . . since there is nothing BUT field phenomena in our reality. Our conditioned perceptions of a physical world biases our understanding into a discrete interpreted materiality and blinds us to fact that we are an integral part of the entire actual reality. Space is an illusion created by the requirement for our consciousness to form sequentially into the instantaneous composites of awareness we use to experience space and time. Time is the only feature which is shared by both physical reality and our consciousness. Space is derivative. In all things except time our perception is only symbolical and the dissimilarity of the stimulus and its conscious registration is striking. The impact of photons is translated into visual qualities, the impact of air waves into auditory qualities, molecular impacts as touch, taste, scent, cold, warmth, etc. Only time has a structural equivalence in the physical world and in our consciousness. Repeating your nonsense is just annoying . . . not probative. There is no "outside" within the universal field where our consciousness (Spirit) resides. "Outside" is an entirely interpreted concept limited to our material bodies and their sensed and interpreted loci within the universal field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Your ability to ignore posts that challange you is immense if you can not see that immedietly preceeding post 55 there is a post 54. I have heard of blinkered vision but you take it to some extremes.
If you want me to see a post I do not see, quote it. But the actual problem is your refusal to read and respond to my posts . . . especially the bold portions of my posts. IF you read them you must not understand them because you do not refer to their content . . . you just repeat your annoying nonsense. There is a name for that behavior.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:31 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,428,209 times
Yeah Im ignoring your posts by actually replying to them. That makes sense. Not.

You can go on about "fields" all you like but it does not change my point. You artificially use them to introduce data into a sense channel then the brain will interpret that input as if it really did come from that channel. It will therefore output nonsense results.

You are trying to use those nonsense results to suggest this means the things the brain has been tricked into thinking have happened - actually can or do happen.

Once more: Tricking the brain into thinking it is outside it's own body is not evidence that human conciousness actually can leave the body.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:15 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
Thread is finished
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality