Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 05:17 PM

104 posts, read 104,753 times

Advertisements

Well has there been? Because he said his followers would do greater things? And if there hasn't, what does that say for his "followers"? Maybe they are not actually following instructions that closely? On the other hand, I don't believe the NT explains in a manner that the ordinary man can understand exactly HOW Jesus healed. And I do accept that there have been very large numbers of spiritually based healings. But typically I don't think you could name someone guaranteed to heal spiritually anything placed in front of him/her. In fact even Jesus could not do that.

But I think there has been at least one man who over his public lifetime says he never met a case he could not heal. Have you ever heard of William E. Gray? He's not long dead, and was an American. So why haven't you heard of him then?

Ruth Montgomery wrote a book about him, (Born to Heal) and from that I was able to find that he wrote a book of his techniques. As a remote healer myself, its fascinating. I can relate to some of it, but I certainly lack his abilities. His book is called "Know your magnetic field". I was that impressed with it, and because it's long out of copyright, I created a Kindle pdf of it, so you can say I have a self interest here. But before you go bananas consider that I priced it at "nothing".

But regarding the "magnetic field" Being an electrical engineer originally, I have thought about this, as also the fact - yes fact - that when I do remote healing I can feel an electric current leave me. I now think that there exists a spiritual electricity and an equivalent spiritual magnetism which cannot be measured by science, yet exist. So when he talks about your body's magnetic field, I suspect it's one science can't measure.

So why does the average person know nothing about this man, given that probably the average person has heard of Edgar Cayce, and also given that Cayce did not actually heal anyone, he was a conduit for information that healed people. Anyway, Ruth's book is fascinating reading, especially the way that the Medical fraternity tried to close him down.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:51 PM

1,975 posts, read 1,942,585 times
Medical science

Old 01-05-2013, 06:49 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_in_Aus View Post
Well has there been? Because he said his followers would do greater things? And if there hasn't, what does that say for his "followers"? Maybe they are not actually following instructions that closely? On the other hand, I don't believe the NT explains in a manner that the ordinary man can understand exactly HOW Jesus healed. And I do accept that there have been very large numbers of spiritually based healings. But typically I don't think you could name someone guaranteed to heal spiritually anything placed in front of him/her. In fact even Jesus could not do that.

But I think there has been at least one man who over his public lifetime says he never met a case he could not heal. Have you ever heard of William E. Gray? He's not long dead, and was an American. So why haven't you heard of him then?

Ruth Montgomery wrote a book about him, (Born to Heal) and from that I was able to find that he wrote a book of his techniques. As a remote healer myself, its fascinating. I can relate to some of it, but I certainly lack his abilities. His book is called "Know your magnetic field". I was that impressed with it, and because it's long out of copyright, I created a Kindle pdf of it, so you can say I have a self interest here. But before you go bananas consider that I priced it at "nothing".
Please send me the link to download the pdf, Geoff.
Quote:
But regarding the "magnetic field" Being an electrical engineer originally, I have thought about this, as also the fact - yes fact - that when I do remote healing I can feel an electric current leave me. I now think that there exists a spiritual electricity and an equivalent spiritual magnetism which cannot be measured by science, yet exist. So when he talks about your body's magnetic field, I suspect it's one science can't measure.
This resonates with my Synthesis and my considering the energy field phenomena of dark energy, dark matter, and consciousness to be equivalent types of field energy that are currently unmeasurable.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:13 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,890,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
Medical science
Nice! Rum and Coke does a great job for me!!

Old 01-05-2013, 07:14 PM

794 posts, read 1,409,928 times
Go down to your local hospital or medical centre and any medico in there has healed more people. Hell, the pharmacist selling OTC antibiotic creams has probably healed more people.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:04 PM

20,018 posts, read 13,496,411 times
Quote:
So why does the average person know nothing about this man?
Possibly because he did not empty out the hospitals in the city where he lived?

Old 01-05-2013, 08:39 PM

995 posts, read 956,586 times
Quote:

So why does the average person know nothing about this man, given that probably the average person has heard of Edgar Cayce, and also given that Cayce did not actually heal anyone, he was a conduit for information that healed people. Anyway, Ruth's book is fascinating reading, especially the way that the Medical fraternity tried to close him down.

I think you're on to something regarding the electric current. I think the Chakras are like computor modems that upload and download info at near-or-faster- than the speed of light. I think it might be a certain frequency we don't know of yet, or some other expalination for it. I think it's defenately electric. I think when you have a vision, it comes from outside of you, and the infomation being sent is processed through the Chakras accordingly. Like the senses, each Chakra is a different media source altogether.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:58 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,054,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
I think you're on to something regarding the electric current. I think the Chakras are like computor modems that upload and download info at near-or-faster- than the speed of light. I think it might be a certain frequency we don't know of yet, or some other expalination for it. I think it's defenately electric. I think when you have a vision, it comes from outside of you, and the infomation being sent is processed through the Chakras accordingly. Like the senses, each Chakra is a different media source altogether.
Do you understand the things you are trying to say?

How can a thing be a frequency we don't know? A frequency is simply a vibration. For it to be unknown, we would have to not know the number that equals the vibration. Since numbers are not a mystery, neither are frequencies.

You then state that it is definitely electric. Again, we know electricity rather well, and can detect and measure it easily, from very low voltages to very high. Aside from that, you are implying that we do not (or cannot) know certain things, but then you claim to have this knowledge.

I will maintain that the OP is complete nonsense. The OP claims that there is an undetectable spiritual electricity/magnetism, yet he can feel it. What is feeling if not detecting?

Old 01-05-2013, 09:25 PM

995 posts, read 956,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Do you understand the things you are trying to say?

How can a thing be a frequency we don't know? A frequency is simply a vibration. For it to be unknown, we would have to not know the number that equals the vibration. Since numbers are not a mystery, neither are frequencies.

You then state that it is definitely electric. Again, we know electricity rather well, and can detect and measure it easily, from very low voltages to very high. Aside from that, you are implying that we do not (or cannot) know certain things, but then you claim to have this knowledge.

I will maintain that the OP is complete nonsense. The OP claims that there is an undetectable spiritual electricity/magnetism, yet he can feel it. What is feeling if not detecting?

The spirit moves faster than the speed of light. It seems to exist in it's own kind of frequency we don't fully understand. A wave of pure energy. Heaven is the same thing as the internet. THe Chakras are the modems to the media we call Heaven. Info moves at the speed of light, making the world infinately small. We in Heaven and online exist in a particular singularity. You can exist in the physical world, you can exist in the Heaven, and you can exist in the digital realm. Heaven and the digital realm are exactly the same thing existing in different universes.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:49 PM

104 posts, read 104,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Typically in forums like this, an experience that is subjective is totally dismissed as being of any value by those whose lives are boxed by scientific method. Yes I can feel it. I doubt science can measure it. I can also feel Gods energy, and not many believe me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.