Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 10:07 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,936,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_in_Aus View Post
Typically in forums like this, an experience that is subjective is totally dismissed as being of any value by those whose lives are boxed by scientific method. Yes I can feel it. I doubt science can measure it. I can also feel Gods energy, and not many believe me.

“We have found a neuropsychological basis for spirituality, but it’s not isolated to one specific area of the brain,” said Brick Johnstone, professor of health psychology in the School of Health Professions. “Spirituality is a much more dynamic concept that uses many parts of the brain. Certain parts of the brain play more predominant roles, but they all work together to facilitate individuals’ spiritual experiences.”

No 'God Spot' In Brain, Spirituality Linked To Right Parietal Lobe

god does not exist. your feelings are nothing more than neurological fantasies

Old 01-05-2013, 10:15 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
“We have found a neuropsychological basis for spirituality, but it’s not isolated to one specific area of the brain,” said Brick Johnstone, professor of health psychology in the School of Health Professions. “Spirituality is a much more dynamic concept that uses many parts of the brain. Certain parts of the brain play more predominant roles, but they all work together to facilitate individuals’ spiritual experiences.”
No 'God Spot' In Brain, Spirituality Linked To Right Parietal Lobe
god does not exist. your feelings are nothing more than neurological fantasies
Actually what the "God Helmet" evidences quite clearly is that the brain is able to respond to EM fields and produce interpreted experiences like OBE's and the "presence of God." This suggests that the brain has another "sense" that is responsive to "field energies." It is not so absurd to suggest that the "field energies" that would necessarily be associated with dark energy and dark matter could be "sensed" by the brain . . . despite the fact that they cannot currently be measured by any known technology. Since they comprise 95+% of our reality . . . I think your skepticism is premature.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 PM

104 posts, read 104,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Actually what the "God Helmet" evidences quite clearly is that the brain is able to respond to EM fields and produce interpreted experiences like OBE's and the "presence of God." This suggests that the brain has another "sense" that is responsive to "field energies." It is not so absurd to suggest that the "field energies" that would necessarily be associated with dark energy and dark matter could be "sensed" by the brain . . . despite the fact that they cannot currently be measured by any known technology. Since they comprise 95+% of our reality . . . I think your skepticism is premature.
Absolutely. The FACT that during an OBE an individual can report that they were above their body, and heard exactly what doctors were saying, and could see what they were doing, from above, indicates that our consciousness can travel. Added to that I have a friend who is a very adept "remote viewer" and I have experienced this of him personally, apart from the experiences he has told of.

I have had 3 MRI's and managed to survive in the centre of the most intense magnetic field that science could throw at my head. If, as I do suspect, my mind is magnetic, then it's not the same kind of magnetic field, or it would not be possible to function while in an MRI. The notion that there could be parallel types of Physical Laws to the ones we know of is not far fetched.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:

provide evidence of these so called EM fields and other field energies? what instruments out there that can detect these fields? the idea that the brain can sence field energies are nothing more than pseudoscience

OBEs are nothing more than hallucinations OBEs can be induced stimulating the brain.

Out-of-body experience - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the god helmet is not evidence

The "God Helmet" refers to an experimental apparatus originally called the "Koren helmet" after its inventor Stanley Koren. It was developed by Koren and neuroscientist Michael Persinger to study creativity and the effects of subtle stimulation of the temporal lobes.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
OBEs are nothing more than hallucinations OBEs can be induced stimulating the brain.
Selective analysis is the forte of many. Its not my interest, nor my job to educate you. Walk your own path, believe what you will. But, when the depth of the illusion you have been living in, is revealed to you, please give credit to its Creator. This probably will only occur to you post-death. Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 01-08-2013 at 03:26 AM.. Reason: Referring to others as "stupid."

Old 01-05-2013, 11:04 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
provide evidence of these so called EM fields and other field energies? what instruments out there that can detect these fields? the idea that the brain can sence field energies are nothing more than pseudoscience
Out-of-body experience - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the god helmet is not evidence
The "God Helmet" refers to an experimental apparatus originally called the "Koren helmet" after its inventor Stanley Koren. It was developed by Koren and neuroscientist Michael Persinger to study creativity and the effects of subtle stimulation of the temporal lobes.
Either you do not know what the God helmet is or you are being deliberately disingenuous. The God helmet stimulates the brain USING artificial EM fields. It IS evidence that the brain responds to such fields. The fact that it produces interpretations that resemble OBE's or the presence of God suggests that the brain has this capability to experience both under the right conditions (without artificial EM fields) . . . in the presence of real energy fields that may NOT be of the EM variety.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Either you do not know what the God helmet is or you are being deliberately disingenuous. The God helmet stimulates the brain USING artificial EM fields. It IS evidence that the brain responds to such fields. The fact that it produces interpretations that resemble OBE's or the presence of God suggests that the brain has this capability to experience both under the right conditions (without artificial EM fields) . . . in the presence of real energy fields that may NOT be of the EM variety.

i forgot to put the link

God helmet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-05-2013, 11:45 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,040,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
The spirit moves faster than the speed of light.
Prove the existence of spirit. Show me how you measure its movement. Show me the results of this measurement.

Quote:
It seems to exist in it's own kind of frequency we don't fully understand. A wave of pure energy.
You keep using the word frequency, but you obviously do not know what this word means. Once again you are also being internally inconsistent y claiming we do not understand something, then describing its properties.

Quote:
Heaven is the same thing as the internet.
A communications system with a lot of data? How exciting.

Quote:
THe Chakras are the modems to the media we call Heaven.
Prove the existence of chakras.

Quote:
Info moves at the speed of light, making the world infinately small.
Nope. Info does not move that fast. Even if it did, the speed of light is 186,000 miles/second. The earth is about 26,000 miles around. This means that it takes light about 1/15 seconds for light to move halfway around the world. Quick, yes, but very, very far from infinitely small.

Quote:
We in Heaven and online exist in a particular singularity. You can exist in the physical world, you can exist in the Heaven, and you can exist in the digital realm. Heaven and the digital realm are exactly the same thing existing in different universes.
Word salad with no meaning.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:31 AM

Quote:
[mod] Orphaned
Moderator cut: Orphaned reference Actually we know nothing about how the brain works, and until such time as main-stream medicine and science realise the mind is external, they have not got to first base. Probably they will. You are rather presumptuous in thinking they have reached the end point. Science is regularly having to rethink its "beliefs", but non-scientific people often attach more "certainty" to the current view than is warranted. And are often behind the leading edge thinkers, because already science is getting there.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-08-2013 at 03:27 AM..

Old 01-06-2013, 01:39 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,912,983 times
"Word salad"!

Great analogy, fishbrains, and your post responses and logical arguments are so well stated.

The auto-assumptions and absolute conclusions about intangibles, unmeasurables and undeetectables is staggeringly close to self-delusion on a gran mal state.

I particularly like the reliance on anecdotal evidence, provided in almost every case by the pre-convinced. I have posted in the past the results of a very thorough experiment in several Eastern US hospitals where they asked scheduled surgical patients if they would participate in an OoB experiment.

Of course, many refused, stating they did not believe in them, but of those who did willingly and enthusiastically want to participate, a large & significant percentage then did claim to have had one during their surgery. Of course, they were not lying nor disingenuous: they simply already believed in such stuff, or confused a previous experience to be exactly OoB..

They had also been told there was a sealed box in an adjoining room, the direction to which the patient was told, and were asked, but only if they had such an opportunity and ability, to go OoB and into that box and later identify the item(s) in it.

Of course, quite a few then claimed to have reached their spiritually mobile state of being, and then proceeded to tell the researchers exactly what was in the box. After all, given such a golden chance to demo it, they would obviously but unknowingly fabricate such an occurrence, lest they don't ever have such a chance again...

They were less than happy when they were (obviously..) wrong, and some even reacted quite psycho when they were advised they were part of the test in which no box at all had been placed in an adjoining room.

In fact, in precisely 100% of the test cases, which numbered in the hundreds, there was literally NO SUCCESS, ever, in anyone being successful. Seems they only had these experiences because someone gave them the chance to "prove" such things, even though of course it would also not ever be an on-demand self-directed function. And to boot, not a single one of these surgical patients came anywhere close to dying on the table. Oh ooops, huh?

Anecdotal accounts just don't cut it, but I can certainly understand why the non-logical & completely unscientific types here and out in the real world would not appreciate nor ever want to hear such disturbing and counter ideas. It's so obvious when they then auto-deflect over to "All scientists are biased and blindered and unable to open their minds wide enough to see what is really going on!"

Unfort. for such nonsense, it's easily shown that a good honest and well-designed double-blind test (look it up..), however, will show the facts, even in the pre-deterministic sorts don't like it. Crimps their notions of reality and how this universe actually works.

So be it. Ignorance is dying globally, hampered only by the continued creation of literally millions of illiterate peons, those who will look to literally any salvation to make their hyper-impoverished existence salvageable, or with some sort of imagined happy ending. A bit harder to understand why a relatively well-educated (at least by comparison; the obviously preferred lack of understnding of The SM notwithstanding..) western culture would still cling to such ancient stuff.

It's also noteworthy that such advanced countries as Sweden, Finland, Norway, Germany etc. have seen such a spectacular but understandable growth in basic unemotional atheism, countered only by the recent and highly unfortunate immigrant influx of another mass of illiterates (The Muslims), that only now those host countries have realized is such a bad thing for the evolution of their culture. Taliban perspectives here we come!

Deliberate ignorance, devout intransigent and info-resistant religion: three peas in the same sad rotting pod!

Lead on, all thou of the purposely less informed!

Last edited by rifleman; 01-06-2013 at 01:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality