Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that there is a correlation between overall intelligence and Belief in God?
Yes 32 66.67%
No 16 33.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 04:33 PM

66 posts, read 82,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
i am not "sinned" because an ancient book say so. quoting it to somebody who don't live by it is useless. i cannot be sinful because i don't live according to your religious rules

Ever lied? Taken anything that didn't belong to you? Lusted for someone of the opposite sex? Used God's name in vain? Had sex outside of marriage? Like I said, were all in need of a Savior. Regardless of what one may believe, that doesn't change reality. Hell is a very real place and it wasn't intended for humans, but since we have sinned against God we are placing ourselves in danger of going there. But Jesus offers us a way back into relationship with God. He is righteous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 04:40 PM

hey rifleman, sure you can ask anything you like. True science backs up the Bible always

Old 02-16-2013, 04:43 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,504,786 times
no but huge correlation between sense of social consciousness, community and family connectivity and staying out of jail.
high IQ and prison dont go together.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:55 PM

1,980 posts, read 1,949,971 times
Quote:
Ever lied?
name one person that doesn't. people don't deserve eternal punishment for lying

Quote:
Taken anything that didn't belong to you?
by mistake

Quote:
Lusted for someone of the opposite sex?
Humans are sexual beings we are biologically designed to have sexual feelings. if this is bad why did your god according to you gave humans sexual desires? why worship a god that make us defective and expect us to fix ourselves.

Quote:
Used God's name in vain?
yes when i was a believer.

Quote:
Had sex outside of marriage?
yes i regularly make love to my girlfriend see the response to your lust question humans are sexual beings

Quote:
Like I said, were all in need of a Savior.
i don't feel the need for a savior

Quote:
Regardless of what one may believe, that doesn't change reality. Hell is a very real place and it wasn't intended for humans, but since we have sinned against God we are placing ourselves in danger of going there. But Jesus offers us a way back into relationship with God. He is righteous.
this is the language of totalitarianism and fascism. the classic threats of hellfire if one does not believe and submit to a celestial dictatorship which i have no say in and did not choose or elected,. i will not be talked to in this manner as if i am a serf or a slave.

fortunately this mythical celestial dictatorship is mythical

Old 02-16-2013, 05:11 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,401,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffix View Post
Sure there is a correlation: The fool has said in his heart, "there is no God"... Psalm 14:1

I'm new to these forums, but are there atheists here? If so, why are you on a religious forum? Not that I mind, I love atheists, so much so that I don't mind offending you to tell you about Jesus and how can have eternal life though Him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffix View Post
I didn't call anyone a fool, not at all. Just quoted Scripture. We all are in need of a Savior because we have all sinned against God. Jesus fulfilled God's Law perfectly so only He can save you. He offered Himself to die for our sins, if we will repent of our sins and trust in Him we have life through Him and our sin is not imputed to us.
"Just quoting Scripture" is fun isn't it?

"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became an adult, I no longer used childish ways." 1 Cor 13:11

I think of grown adults who still need to believe in a parental deity figure in the 21st century as never have grown out of their 'childish ways'.

Welcome to CD forums. You'll find that many atheists on this forum were former Christian/theists and probably know far more about the Bible and Jesus and your religion than you could tell them. Which is usually why they are atheists.

Last edited by Ceist; 02-16-2013 at 05:21 PM..

Old 02-16-2013, 05:17 PM

33,569 posts, read 37,185,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no but huge correlation between sense of social consciousness, community and family connectivity and staying out of jail.
high IQ and prison dont go together.
I guess that explains why there are so few atheists in jail...

Old 02-16-2013, 05:22 PM

33,569 posts, read 37,185,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
No it isn't a "known fact". Atheists sure like to throw around baseless claims as fact.

How do you resolve the decreasing global IQ with your claim?
Actually global IQ is increasing by 6 points per decade, so you are wrong about that as well...Research before you post.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
name one person that doesn't. people don't deserve eternal punishment for lying

I can't, I have lied also, that doesn't make it right in any way. We actually do deserve it because we make the choice to disobey, God loves us so much that He would come in the flesh and die a very painful death so we can be saved

Quote:
Humans are sexual beings we are biologically designed to have sexual feelings. if this is bad why did your god according to you gave humans sexual desires? why worship a god that make us defective and expect us to fix ourselves.
Yes we are, and sex is a gift from God to be enjoyed in the bonds of marriage, they shall be united together and be one, sex otherwise is sinning against your own body

Quote:
i don't feel the need for a savior
Really? Would you feel like a parachute if you were falling from an airplane?

Quote:
this is the language of totalitarianism and fascism. the classic threats of hellfire if one does not believe and submit to a celestial dictatorship which i have no say in and did not choose or elected,. i will not be talked to in this manner as if i am a serf or a slave.
You should think about this from another point of view, its not "do this or that or go to hell forever" its about love and redemption, people make the choice to go there own way and save themselves, but as I pointed out that wouldn't work out to well for them, but God offers us freedom from sin and the bondage that brings, He is everlasting and holy and wants us to enjoy His creation for ever.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:29 PM

hey Jaymax, thanks for the welcome

Old 02-16-2013, 05:50 PM

1,980 posts, read 1,949,971 times
Quote:
I can't, I have lied also, that doesn't make it right in any way. We actually do deserve it because we make the choice to disobey, God loves us so much that He would come in the flesh and die a very painful death so we can be saved

i don't believe in a god dying so we can be "saved" because an ancient book said so

Quote:
Yes we are, and sex is a gift from God to be enjoyed in the bonds of marriage, they shall be united together and be one, sex otherwise is sinning against your own body
i don't believe in your god nor your follow your religious rules.

Quote:
Really? Would you feel like a parachute if you were falling from an airplane?
quit derailing the topic. I son't see the need for a savior dying for some imaginary sins because an ancient book said so. this is not the same is jumping out of a plain you need a course on logical thinking

Quote:
You should think about this from another point of view, its not "do this or that or go to hell forever" its about love and redemption, people make the choice to go there own way and save themselves, but as I pointed out that wouldn't work out to well for them, but God offers us freedom from sin and the bondage that brings, He is everlasting and holy and wants us to enjoy His creation for ever.

saying that that they go out and choose the save themselves and it won't work out for them is just a polite version of threats of eternal punishment. no matter how nice you say this the massage is still the same, believe this or suffer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality