Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that there is a correlation between overall intelligence and Belief in God?
Yes 32 66.67%
No 16 33.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 06:00 PM

66 posts, read 82,621 times

Advertisements

well man, I really wish you the best and hope you will consider this one day. I don't want you to end up in hell. You may be offended now but I would rather offend you to tell you this than not tell you anything, cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 06:14 PM

1,980 posts, read 1,951,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffix View Post
well man, I really wish you the best and hope you will consider this one day. I don't want you to end up in hell. You may be offended now but I would rather offend you to tell you this than not tell you anything, cheers
this is the language of fascism i am not a serf nor a slave

Old 02-16-2013, 06:17 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,664,149 times
I think this question can be answered by reading one chapter of Proverbs every day for a month.

Start on March 1 and read one chapter each day. By April 1 you will have finished the book of Proverbs that teaches one to live peacefully with man.

Last edited by NCN; 02-16-2013 at 06:28 PM..

Old 02-16-2013, 08:32 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,404,775 times
Quote:

Really? Would you feel like a parachute if you were falling from an airplane?
Would you feel like a parachute if you were sitting in your loungeroom?

Old 02-16-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
God loves us so much that He would come in the flesh and die a very painful death so we can be saved
Have you ever stopped to think.... Does this actually make any sense?

Old 02-16-2013, 09:17 PM

33,572 posts, read 37,194,916 times
Quote:
I find it a sad commentary about our education system that some people still believe that the hell myth is real in 2013...Society obviously still has some growing to do.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:27 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,964,503 times
I think that there is a certain intelligence level where at people reject the primitive ideas of religion. I think there is again another intelligence level where people pick up the idea of God again, and look at it in a different way.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:43 PM

66 posts, read 82,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Have you ever stopped to think.... Does this actually make any sense?

yes, because we have fallen short and sinned so we are separated from a holy God. But Jesus stepped in and paid our fine that we deserve. So God can legally forgive us our sins because the price has been payed. I'm using these terms to get the point across that God is justified and what He does is perfect. Would a just judge let a criminal go free and clear? No, because the crime requires punishment. The wages of sin is death as Romans 6:23 points out.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
yes, because we have fallen short and sinned so we are separated from a holy God. But Jesus stepped in and paid our fine that we deserve. So God can legally forgive us our sins because the price has been payed. I'm using these terms to get the point across that God is justified and what He does is perfect. Would a just judge let a criminal go free and clear? No, because the crime requires punishment. The wages of sin is death as Romans 6:23 points out.
This is just repeating the same old unthinking dogma.

Here's a question: What 'sins or 'crimes' have innocent newborn babies committed?

Last edited by Ceist; 02-16-2013 at 10:30 PM..

Old 02-16-2013, 10:40 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,881,730 times
Quote:
Your god sounds like a jealous, abusive boyfriend. Thanks for reminding me why I am a non-believer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality