Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 07:53 AM

152 posts, read 142,915 times

Advertisements

A minister, a priest and a rabbi were discussing how they "divined" what part of the collection money each retained for personal needs and what part was turned in to their respective institutions.

"I draw a line," said the minister, "on the floor. All the money I toss in the air -- what lands to the right of the line I keep, to the left of the line is the Lord's."
The priest nodded, saying, "My system is essentially the same, only I use a circle. What lands inside is mine, outside is his." The rabbi smiled and said, "I do the same thing. I toss all the money into the air and whatever God grabs is his!"
- osho joke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 12:43 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM. View Post
A minister, a priest and a rabbi were discussing how they "divined" what part of the collection money each retained for personal needs and what part was turned in to their respective institutions.

"I draw a line," said the minister, "on the floor. All the money I toss in the air -- what lands to the right of the line I keep, to the left of the line is the Lord's."
The priest nodded, saying, "My system is essentially the same, only I use a circle. What lands inside is mine, outside is his." The rabbi smiled and said, "I do the same thing. I toss all the money into the air and whatever God grabs is his!"
- osho joke
So you're saying osho just steals money from the people? He's like a televangelist that just wants the money for himself?

Old 03-08-2013, 03:13 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,070,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So you're saying osho just steals money from the people? He's like a televangelist that just wants the money for himself?
I don't think what you are inferring is what IAM was trying to portray. I think IAM was trying to say that Osho is very funny with the "practical/commonsense avarice of Jews" joke. I think Osho has more realizing to do, and his psychological tricks (whether intentional or not) aren't going to work on those whom he only bothers. However, quick people like him likely love filling-in a vacuum which is left by the shame of humanity, the slothful followers. I have no reason to like Osho if he supported the sickening of neighbors that didn't want him and his cult followers to appropriate themselves some jurisdiction.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:41 PM

31 posts, read 27,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
I don't think what you are inferring is what IAM was trying to portray. I think IAM was trying to say that Osho is very funny with the "practical/commonsense avarice of Jews" joke. I think Osho has more realizing to do, and his psychological tricks (whether intentional or not) aren't going to work on those whom he only bothers. However, quick people like him likely love filling-in a vacuum which is left by the shame of humanity, the slothful followers. I have no reason to like Osho if he supported the sickening of neighbors that didn't want him and his cult followers to appropriate themselves some jurisdiction.
osho is the best. love him thank godless for peopl like him to shed light on phony religions that brain wash the masses..

thank goodness for osho

Old 03-08-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morefire View Post
osho is the best. love him thank godless for peopl like him to shed light on phony religions that brain wash the masses..

thank goodness for osho
I think he sounds intolerant.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
I confess to only reading a few quotes thus far, as Osho is new to me, but those quotes reek of common sense.

Which explains Vizio's reaction, I suppose.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I confess to only reading a few quotes thus far, as Osho is new to me, but those quotes reek of common sense.

Which explains Vizio's reaction, I suppose.
We get told all the time that we're wrong to claim to have the truth. So....osho must be an intolerant bigot.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
We get told all the time that we're wrong to claim to have the truth. So....osho must be an intolerant bigot.
Your reasoning, as always, is...interesting.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:00 AM

Osho will offend the religious.. just as Jesus offended them in his time,, Osho points to simplicity. , religion seeks power .. thus the reason they. fight so much with everything..

Old 03-09-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
I think u secretly love him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality