Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 03:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
We get told all the time that we're wrong to claim to have the truth. So....osho must be an intolerant bigot.
So because you get called intolerant and bigoted you just turn it around and call someone else names? "Well, if I get called that..... he does too! If I'm wrong then he's wrong!!"

Do you get any converts with that attitude?

(It's not supposed to be about you and you getting your feelings hurt. If you are a true pastor it's about Jesus.)

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-09-2013 at 04:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 04:22 AM

156 posts, read 175,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So you're saying osho just steals money from the people? He's like a televangelist that just wants the money for himself?
this is what I like about Osho, he speaks openly of money and sex, as of two important components of our life, instead the church or other religions say you should be poor and sex is a sin, but what we see in churches, that the popes wear Prada, drive luxury cars, and all the times we hear news about homosexuality and pedophilia inside of the church, inside of Vatican itself.....

Last edited by kristarina; 03-11-2013 at 05:34 AM..

Old 03-11-2013, 04:31 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristarina View Post
If you have ever read or heard of Osho, what do you think of his ideas? Are they close to you?
As for myself, I was always in search for what to believe in, as all the religions didn't seem enough truthful to me, especially where the church/sinagoga/buddhist monastery or any other intermediary between you and god is involved, instead the ideas of Osho I found really close to my worldview...and how about you?
Ask Susan Lisaenevich what she thinks of Rajneesh today...

Old 03-11-2013, 06:11 AM

152 posts, read 142,774 times
Religion is created to control, make people fear and put make them feel guilty about who they are.. Osho points to a search , an inward search, religion doesnt want us to ask questions, and automatically says that its a sin to doubt god.. WE are human, we are here to experience Life.
WE have to ask questions and doubt and dig and find out who we are.
these questions and doubts take the power away from the religions who simply feed you something and tell you that you have to believe or else you are doomed..

Old 03-11-2013, 08:10 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,339,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
Ask Susan Lisaenevich what she thinks of Rajneesh today...
Is there a linky?

Old 03-12-2013, 11:52 AM

156 posts, read 175,392 times
here is the library with all osho books, which one can read online for free Explore the Osho Online Library

Old 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristarina View Post
here is the library with all osho books, which one can read online for free Explore the Osho Online Library
such great books to read.. i would recommend to anyone

Old 03-12-2013, 12:46 PM

Greedy

Old 03-12-2013, 12:50 PM

1. Never obey anyone’s command unless it is coming from within you also.
2. There is no God other than life itself.
3. Truth is within you, do not search for it elsewhere.
4. Love is prayer.
5. To become a nothingness is the door to truth. Nothingness itself is the means, the goal and attainment.
6. Life is now and here.
7. Live wakefully.
8. Do not swim – float.
9. Die each moment so that you can be new each moment.
10. Do not search. That which is, is. Stop and see.
osho

Old 03-12-2013, 03:25 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM. View Post
1. Never obey anyone’s command unless it is coming from within you also.
2. There is no God other than life itself.
3. Truth is within you, do not search for it elsewhere.
4. Love is prayer.
5. To become a nothingness is the door to truth. Nothingness itself is the means, the goal and attainment.
6. Life is now and here.
7. Live wakefully.
8. Do not swim – float.
9. Die each moment so that you can be new each moment.
10. Do not search. That which is, is. Stop and see.
osho
what a sad and pitiful set of guidelines. I disagree with most of them completely. doing the opposite of each one of these would do some people lots of good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality