Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 06:28 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,343,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM. View Post
1. Never obey anyone’s command unless it is coming from within you also.
2. There is no God other than life itself.
3. Truth is within you, do not search for it elsewhere.
4. Love is prayer.
5. To become a nothingness is the door to truth. Nothingness itself is the means, the goal and attainment.
6. Life is now and here.
7. Live wakefully.
8. Do not swim – float.
9. Die each moment so that you can be new each moment.
10. Do not search. That which is, is. Stop and see.
osho
Osho can be metaphorical and allegorical.. zen-like and taoist-like!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 02:43 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
Is there a linky?
Ask Deva Darshan, or whatever he calls himself these days.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:37 AM

156 posts, read 175,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
Ask Deva Darshan, or whatever he calls himself these days.
?????????

Old 04-14-2013, 03:41 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,201,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristarina View Post
why does he sound intolerant to you?
He was a raving excuse-maker for the Nazi extermination of Jews, for one thing. And ardent homophobe. A tax-evader, etc.

This is some of his less vile thoughts on Jews, read it all the way through it is couched in every anti-Jewish stereotype since The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. http://www.oshoteachings.com/osho-on...-in-the-world/

An overview of his career is here:

Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

His books may read like he talked the talk, but he sure didn't walk the walk.

Last edited by kevxu; 04-14-2013 at 03:53 AM..

Old 04-14-2013, 02:37 PM

20,024 posts, read 13,496,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristarina View Post
the thing is that he doesn't say just believe me and follow me because I know the answers, he just says to experience everything by yourself and you will know the answer yourself, because to understand is to experience
That sounds pretty much like what Buddah is supposed to have taught during his lifetime. He was a big opponent of argument from authority.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:29 PM

20,024 posts, read 13,496,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
An overview of his career is here:

Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

His books may read like he talked the talk, but he sure didn't walk the walk.
Hm ... sounds like typical corrupt guru system issues. He certainly became a persona non grata, which is pretty hard to do these days, so it's one of those "where there's smoke, there's fire" kinda deals I guess.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:57 AM

3 posts, read 2,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
Osho can be metaphorical and allegorical.. zen-like and taoist-like!
Osho included all spiritual paths that lead to enlightenment, but his emphasis was zen. In his presense zen is very alive and beautiful. In the book The search 10 bulls of zen he says, (on poems of zen-master Kakuan) that Buddha's teaching is ended on a nirvana, emptiness, nothingness, but zen-master Kakuan goes beyond Buddha, after enlightenment he goes to a market, with a bottle of wine and celebrates his enlightenment - 'drunk with divine', to help others who are in search of the truth. And everyone are in search of а thruth - inquery that is called 'man'.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:13 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,343,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by welle View Post
Osho included all spiritual paths that lead to enlightenment, but his emphasis was zen. In his presense zen is very alive and beautiful. In the book The search 10 bulls of zen he says, (on poems of zen-master Kakuan) that Buddha's teaching is ended on a nirvana, emptiness, nothingness, but zen-master Kakuan goes beyond Buddha, after enlightenment he goes to a market, with a bottle of wine and celebrates his enlightenment - 'drunk with divine', to help others who are in search of the truth. And everyone are in search of а thruth - inquery that is called 'man'.
I'm going to have to check that one out. Thanks!

The Search (Talks On The Ten Bulls of Zen)

Old 08-16-2013, 06:35 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Osho? Ha! You mean Rajneesh.

He is the only person I believe I have a strong reaction to....bad reaction.
Having known many of his devotees in the early 80's....having forced myself out of politeness
to listen to his Youtubes, for someone....I can say I simply can not stomach him.
Anyone can say a few profound things. I am not fooled. I found him many things (may he rest in peace)
One polite thing is boring and ridiculously elementary.

Sorry, I just have strong feelings about him...too close, I know too many things.

I can't even call him Osho, how convenient of him to change it from Rajneesh.
I need a shower now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality