Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2013, 02:55 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I don't think you want to know if it is true or untrue...It is very logical as to how....
Would you care to present that logic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 04:12 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
I don't think you want to know if it is true or untrue...It is very logical as to how....
I already know that it's untrue. My objective is to provide the reader justification as to why the Bible flood is untrue. Funny that you state that it's logical but provided no logic as to how this happened.

But it is rather refreshing to find another theist who is will take on defending the Bible flood story. Most have since given up on it. They simply brush it aside, ignoring their intellect, still believing the Bible is the infallible word of God.

Last edited by Amaznjohn; 08-15-2013 at 05:22 AM..

Old 08-15-2013, 05:07 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
I don't think you want to know if it is true or untrue...
Oh we do! We Do! so don't use that old 'no point in producing my Very Good argument as you don't really want to hear it' trick. Produce.

Quote:
It is very logical as to how....
So Produce. We are listening.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:40 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Oh we do! We Do! so don't use that old 'no point in producing my Very Good argument as you don't really want to hear it' trick. Produce.

So Produce. We are listening.
Because it is in the Bible.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:11 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Ararat is Aramaic for the highest point, not necessarily, THE Mt. Ararat...
I've never seen the entomology of the word coming from aramaic. The only thing is said that it is a foreign word.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:12 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Polar Ice Caps?...
Even that wouldn't explain it. The ice caps melting would raise the sea levels a lot, but not enough to justify the sinking of all land.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:23 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Lets see, Antarctic ice cores date between 400,000 and 730,000 years. Global flood roughly 4,000 years ago. Ice floats.

Victoria Falls river gorges dated at ~100,000 years, creation ±6,000 years ago.

River deltas all over the word would have been washed to sea before the "waters rose" No evidence of that and seeing how many support populations that exceed 4000 years....

Living trees in the USA older than 6,000 years, would not have survived a year under water. Oldest tree carbon dated at ~9,000 years.

Rainbows caused by refraction of light not a promise of god. These would be infrequent in the ME esp in the desert. Not to mention fat/oil in water also causes the same "rainbow" effect like oil on tar roads when the light hits them just right.

Two of the oldest active cave formations are situated in SA and date back about 1.5 billion years - look up Cango and Sudwala.

The grand Canyon, no explanation needed, look up canyons on all continents, very similar.

Pre flood it never rained right? Err no. Even with the out of sequence Genesis creation myth, once there was oceans and the sun, there was a water cycle, ergo it always rained. It says so in the bible.

So based on these overwhelming inconvenient facts, one can safely conclude, the flood never happened. Which BTW mean that Jesus never existed as his lineage traces back through Capt. Noah all the way to Adam.

Theories...Unless you were actually there...

Old 08-15-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I already know that it's untrue. My objective is to provide the reader justification as to why the Bible flood is untrue. Funny that you state that it's logical but provided no logic as to how this happened.

But it is rather refreshing to find another theist who is will take on defending the Bible flood story. Most have since given up on it. They simply brush it aside, ignoring their intellect, still believing the Bible is the infallible word of God.

Well, it could have been local at tbe time Pangea existed...

Old 08-15-2013, 08:29 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Theories...Unless you were actually there...
The many hundreds of "inspired" bible writers weren't there either.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I've never seen the entomology of the word coming from aramaic. The only thing is said that it is a foreign word.

Just do your research like I did...If you read the biblical account of the directions the people went after the came down off the mountain it seems impossible that it is the Mt. Ararat in Turkey....Josephus speaks of barbarian historians that speak of a group of people on top of a mt. where they were escaping a flood and there was a large boat that landed there with eight people (I think)....So as science has proved Pangea this may have been a local flood that seemed global...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality