Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 01:43 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Again, you asked us where morals come from, we responded with biological precursors and then you just ignore the evidence and say 'I reject that' and then accuse us of being off topic.

You have nothing but repetitive #$%$#$%&^*(*&(.
Yup. I hold to my position. It stands. What's your point? You still have yet to prove how your system of morality gives you the right, or authority to judge ANYONE else...much less God.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:46 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yup. I hold to my position. It stands. What's your point?
My point is - stop misrepresenting the dialogue.

Quote:
You still have yet to prove how your system of morality gives you the right, or authority to judge ANYONE else...much less God.
I have already done so - and you lost - not my fault you refuse to see it or understand it.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:51 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
You still have yet to prove how your system of morality gives you the right, or authority to judge ANYONE else...much less God.
That's ironic since you have not even proven your moral system exists.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
That's ironic since you have not even proven your moral system exists.
This isn't about mine. This is about atheists that claim they can judge God, when truthfully, they can't even judge a mass murderer among humans.
Quote:
My point is - stop misrepresenting the dialogue.
I'm not. You're defeated on this. You have no ability to judge God, or anyone else because all you have is your feelings, your opinions, and what you claim science gives us. Of course, none of these allow you to say anyone else is wrong.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:07 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
This isn't about mine. This is about atheists that claim they can judge God, when truthfully, they can't even judge a mass murderer among humans.

I'm not. You're defeated on this. You have no ability to judge God, or anyone else because all you have is your feelings, your opinions, and what you claim science gives us. Of course, none of these allow you to say anyone else is wrong.
I'll employ the Vizio technique - 'I reject that.'

Old 12-06-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I'll employ the Vizio technique - 'I reject that.'
yay. Why actually prove your point? The onus is on you to prove that you have the authority to judge...not me. This thread is about Sammy boy claiming the moral high road...all I'm asking for is to have someone back it up.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:11 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
When you claim that you need an external source that is above humans in order to judge and then you refuse (more likely can't) demonstrate that and then ask us questions about how we can and then we answer you and your response is just 'I reject that' then I don't see any where else to go with this conversation.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:13 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
yay. Why actually prove your point? The onus is on you to prove that you have the authority to judge...not me. This thread is about Sammy boy claiming the moral high road...all I'm asking for is to have someone back it up.
We already did for the thousandth time Who says I don't have the authority to judge? You?

Old 12-06-2013, 02:21 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Ascribing human attributes to animals who act on instinct doesn't make it so.
Blindly dismissing every post doesn't make you right...It makes you look foolish....

Humans and all other animals that have a moral code must suppress some of their instincts...

Morality is an evolved trait that has been with the human animal ever since before our ancestors descended from the trees and formed communities many thousands of years ago....Every animal that lives in groups has a moral code, otherwise community living would not be possible...The main tenets of morality are empathy and reciprocity (cooperation) something we share with many animals, your denial of this changes nothing.

The god you believe in may have taught his version of morality, but he didn't invent it, nor does it originate from him. There are still people living in remote places of the world who have never even heard of your god, and their moral code is just fine.

Frans de Waal: Moral behavior in animals | Video on TED.com

Old 12-06-2013, 02:23 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
I'd be willing to bet that I know more about the subject of morality in animals than you know about the Bible.
You know nothing but denial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality