Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 09:08 PM

888 posts, read 454,381 times

Advertisements

From the article -

A concerned viewer wrote to Pat Robertson for advice on demons and thrift stores:
“I buy a lot of clothes and other items at Goodwill and other secondhand shops. Recently my mom told me that I need to pray over the items, bind familiar spirits, and bless the items before I bring them into the house. Is my mother correct? Can demons attach themselves to material items?”
Robertson’s answer?
”Can demonic spirits attach themselves to inanimate objects? The answer is yes. But I don’t think every sweater you get from Goodwill has demons in it. In a sense your mother is just being super cautious, so hey — it isn’t gonna hurt you any to rebuke any spirits that might attach themselves to those clothes.”
Pat Robertson: There could be demons attached to your thrift store finds - Salon.com

Pat Robertson graduated from Yale Law School before his religious conversion. The article is two years old, but still telling.

For the record, I love thrift stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 09:13 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,205,471 times
??? Talking about needing to get a grip!

Old 03-01-2015, 09:43 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,287 times
Firstly pastor is covering all bases as the questions he gets are
really drive speculation/ opinion and what he is doing is saying when an individual encounters a question that can invite demons to work the room via inanimate objects then pray to ward them off ( it's a " just in case" manuver) . Pat is more educated in demons and opinionated as for me when I go to Goodwill I will not invite anything other than a deal ching ching. Pat Robertson for president!

Old 03-01-2015, 10:35 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Meh, it's idiots worshiping a sock or something, it's nothing I care too much about. It's genuinely insane to think this is how it works, but it hasn't appeared to be a wide spread problem.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:05 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times
This guy is Satan himself.

He did a talk on his show warning viewers that homosexuals wear secret rings with hidden blades on them, then shake people's hands to slice them and give them AIDS.

The scary part is that he has enough followers to keep him wealthy and on the air, and the woman who is his side kick just nods her head, smiles and agrees with him while he tells these evil and crazy stories.

Old 03-02-2015, 02:08 AM

Pat gets his news from his field sources who track many issues
its not a perfect investigative team and although gays have been convicted for spreading HIV to thousands men and women via sexual contact this ring trick if anything was an isolated rare case? Unable to track the case( s) to support the claim?

Old 03-02-2015, 07:21 AM

Pat attacks homosexuality at every turn as I do because the perversion coupled with aborting Gods creation and a genetal
falling away ( a repeat of destructive societies) will culminate
on the end of life as we know it. Never spit on Gods commands,
rules, covenants or plan for creation as those spitting will cause
ALL of us collateral damage from a wrath beyond human imagination by a God of love but also a God of fire!

Old 03-02-2015, 08:33 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,868 times
My favorite Pat Robertson moment was when a caller into his show said that her roommate was Buddhist and she had statues of Buddha next to her Christian icons. Robertson told the girl to smash all of her roommate's Buddha statues.

Smash them!

The reason why this one sticks out for me is because the Taliban did the same thing - smashed those ancient Buddha statues in Afghanistan. ISIS right now is smashing thousand-year-old works of art from ancient Iraq.
The Buddhas of Bamiyan were two 6th-century monumental statues of standing buddha carved into the side of a cliff in the Bamyan valley in the Hazarajat region of central Afghanistan, 230 km (140 mi) northwest of Kabul at an altitude of 2,500 meters (8,200 feet). Built in 507 AD (smaller) and 554 AD (larger), the statues represented the classic blended style of Gandhara art.

They were dynamited and destroyed in March 2001 by the Taliban, on orders from leader Mullah Mohammed Omar, after the Taliban government declared that they were idols

Just one more reason why I say that there's not a whole lot of difference between Christian extremists and the Muslim extremists.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:04 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
I just dropped off some demons at the local salvation army store. They were cluttering up my attic.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:28 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Robertson is a knob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality