Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2015, 05:40 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,000,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Please link to some paranoid Christian websites. I could use a good laugh before bed.
1. Go here:
https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en

2. Type in witchcraft

3. You're welcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 05:50 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,726,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
My favorite Pat Robertson moment was when a caller into his show said that her roommate was Buddhist and she had statues of Buddha next to her Christian icons. Robertson told the girl to smash all of her roommate's Buddha statues.

Smash them!

The reason why this one sticks out for me is because the Taliban did the same thing - smashed those ancient Buddha statues in Afghanistan. ISIS right now is smashing thousand-year-old works of art from ancient Iraq.
The Buddhas of Bamiyan were two 6th-century monumental statues of standing buddha carved into the side of a cliff in the Bamyan valley in the Hazarajat region of central Afghanistan, 230 km (140 mi) northwest of Kabul at an altitude of 2,500 meters (8,200 feet). Built in 507 AD (smaller) and 554 AD (larger), the statues represented the classic blended style of Gandhara art.

They were dynamited and destroyed in March 2001 by the Taliban, on orders from leader Mullah Mohammed Omar, after the Taliban government declared that they were idols

Just one more reason why I say that there's not a whole lot of difference between Christian extremists and the Muslim extremists.
As a Christian my feeling is that every word that comes out of Pat's mouth comes straight from the Father of all Lies. I can understand non-Christians listening to Pat to get a laugh, but real Christians just get sick to their stomachs.

I don't know about demons attaching themselves to inanimate objects (bull-oney, I think), but they sure do attach to some people, and their favorite folks to grab hold of are rich Christians with large media followings.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:53 PM

888 posts, read 455,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
If we aren't going to agree if witchcraft exist or not then this conversation is going no where. Let's please move on because this serves no purpose.
I've already told you I don't think witchcraft exists. Unless I agree that witchcraft exists, you won't tell me what you think modern witchcraft is or even give me an example, even though you think it's real... Your stopping the discussion under these circumstances isn't moving on, it's refusing to engage in dialogue.

On the other hand, were you to tell me you accept witchcraft as a matter of faith, I'd accept your answer. I wouldn't respect it, but I would accept it as an honest answer and drop the conversation.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:54 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,168,952 times
Quote:
That's your opinion. I don't have to conform to your personal opinion of what's valid. Again I know individuals personally who actually believe in all 4 of these things. What is that to you? It means nothing to you because you don't know them. I would use them more so than a well known person because I know their personal views, I know what they have done or do regularly, I know their beliefs. If I named anyone that you know or heard of, it's not going to change your opinion on this so please let's move on.
In other words, no, you do not actually have any reason to believe that what Robertson said about feminists is true.

I suppose that it just another one of those faith based beliefs on your part.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:00 PM

13,006 posts, read 18,932,975 times
Please don't pick on the man. It is obvious he lost his cognitive skills long ago.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedPeach View Post
I've already told you I don't think witchcraft exists. Unless I agree that witchcraft exists, you won't tell me what you think modern witchcraft is or even give me an example, even though you think it's real... Your stopping the discussion under these circumstances isn't moving on, it's refusing to engage in dialogue.

On the other hand, were you to tell me you accept witchcraft as a matter of faith, I'd accept your answer. I wouldn't respect it, but I would accept it as an honest answer and drop the conversation.
https://www.google.com/search?q=does...hcraft&tbm=nws

There is over 82,000 articles on witchcraft that has made the news recently. Pick one.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
In other words, no, you do not actually have any reason to believe that what Robertson said about feminists is true.

I suppose that it just another one of those faith based beliefs on your part.
Nope it's just that I think you are stubborn and it really doesn't matter what I present to you.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:20 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,792,768 times
Quote:
It's one thing to discourage people to patronize, it's another to attempt to shut a business down.
Oh, you mean like Carrie Nation, the self proclaimed "bulldog for Jesus" destroying bars with a hatchet? Or perhaps like the great state of Mississippi managing to run all but one abortion clinic in the state out of business? Seriously, you could take American feminists, anarchists, atheists, and civil rights activists together and not reach the number of people run out of business, bankrupted, jailed, or even killed that religion has managed to accomplish. Have some perspective...

-NoCapo

Old 03-04-2015, 06:22 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,792,768 times
Quote:
Nope it's just that I think you are stubborn and it really doesn't matter what I present to you.
Wait, are you seriously refusing to have a discussion with someone who won't agree to swallow whever you present, before you begin? That isn't really how a discussion works. And to be honest, convincing each other is not the point, learning something new either about your own position or the other person's is what you are more likely to gain.

-NoCapo

Old 03-04-2015, 06:24 PM

18,509 posts, read 9,185,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
As a Christian my feeling is that every word that comes out of Pat's mouth comes straight from the Father of all Lies. I can understand non-Christians listening to Pat to get a laugh, but real Christians just get sick to their stomachs.

I don't know about demons attaching themselves to inanimate objects (bull-oney, I think), but they sure do attach to some people, and their favorite folks to grab hold of are rich Christians with large media followings.
Yeah, no true Scotsman would take Pat Robertson seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality