Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2015, 06:28 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,175,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
1. Go here:
https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en

2. Type in witchcraft

3. You're welcome
I found an article on witchcraft from HowStuffWorks.com. I thought it was interesting.

The creator of HowStuffWorks also created a site called Why Won't God Heal Amputees. It's worth checking out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 06:29 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,332,033 times
Quote:
If we aren't going to agree if witchcraft exist or not then this conversation is going no where. Let's please move on because this serves no purpose.

It's one thing to discourage people to patronize, it's another to attempt to shut a business down.
You mean like burning it down?

Do you call Christians who try to shut down a business as anti capitalists?

End of discussion I suppose as I don't believe in witches.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:31 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,720,923 times
Quote:
You're changing the point. This isn't about some central figure and what they advocate. Based on the quote that was given, it sounds like he was giving a general portrayal of feminism, which based on personal experience with women that I know, I have seen these points shown.

A) Many feminists believe in abortion
B) Many feminists do not believe in Christianity, believe in controlling others, manipulation (I'm going to get my way or else)
C) Often times discourage businesses from existing if they do not promote views similar to theirs
D) Some feminists feel men cannot satisfy them and that only a woman is capable of doing so
Most of your descriptions describe in reverse fundamentalist "Christians."

A) most fundamentalists are against abortion AND against anyone getting an abortion BUT only want to imprison physicians for "killing" the baby a mother wants destroyed.
B) Most fundamentalists believe only THEIR version of Christianity is true, believe in controlling the lives of non-Christians with "Christian" statutes, their leaders use mass media to manipulate political leaders (George Bush's office called Focus on the Family to get their "approval" on a Supreme Court justice nominee (Pat prays to get them out of office so fundamentalists can get their appointees in).
C) Some so-called Christian businesses think it is their religious "right" to practice intolerance toward gay people (bakeries in Colorado and Oregon and a for-profit "wedding chapel" in Idaho.
D) most fundamentalist men believe their women are their JUST to satisfy them and failure to do so on their part is failing God's purpose to them. (The man's physical inability to satisfy a woman is of no importance, nor is their inability to provide emotional support--it's all about the woman being a slave/servant.)

Anyone in their right mind would chose to socialize with a feminist who wants freedom to make her own choices than with a fundamentalist who wants to make those choices for everyone else.

I'm a Christian who believes comments by Pat Robertson AND his fundamentalist followers are dangerous to this nation and denigrate the image of Christ.

In this, even Vizio with whom I frequently disagree is miles ahead of your position.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:34 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,146,101 times
Quote:
Nope it's just that I think you are stubborn and it really doesn't matter what I present to you.
Try presenting an answer rather than an evasion and see if that works.

Your bluffs have been called by several posters and the board has seen you fold. Why are you still making noise?

Old 03-04-2015, 06:38 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,620,761 times
Quote:
You're changing the point. This isn't about some central figure and what they advocate. Based on the quote that was given, it sounds like he was giving a general portrayal of feminism, which based on personal experience with women that I know, I have seen these points shown.

A) Many feminists believe in abortion
B) Many feminists do not believe in Christianity, believe in controlling others, manipulation (I'm going to get my way or else)
C) Often times discourage businesses from existing if they do not promote views similar to theirs
D) Some feminists feel men cannot satisfy them and that only a woman is capable of doing so
A) Many men believe in abortion
B) Many men do not believe in Christianity, believe in controlling others, manipulation (I'm going to get my way or else)
D) Some men feel one women cannot satisfy them and that only another woman is capable of doing so, or another man.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:44 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,720,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I found an article on witchcraft from HowStuffWorks.com. I thought it was interesting.

The creator of HowStuffWorks also created a site called Why Won't God Heal Amputees. It's worth checking out.
Try reading some about how the first active opposition to witches arose under King James I who was a homosexual and an extremely convoluted person. He studied witchcraft and thought they might have been involved in an attempt on his life at sea ( when a storm arose while he was at sea).

And it is equally interesting that he commissioned the most widely purchased and read English Bible, suffered from a great deal of public verbal abuse because of his homosexuality and STILL was opposed to "witches."

That's just as crazy.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:45 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,994,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
Oh, you mean like Carrie Nation, the self proclaimed "bulldog for Jesus" destroying bars with a hatchet? Or perhaps like the great state of Mississippi managing to run all but one abortion clinic in the state out of business? Seriously, you could take American feminists, anarchists, atheists, and civil rights activists together and not reach the number of people run out of business, bankrupted, jailed, or even killed that religion has managed to accomplish. Have some perspective...

-NoCapo
A difference between advocacy groups and perceived religious groups. Perspective.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
A) Many men believe in abortion
B) Many men do not believe in Christianity, believe in controlling others, manipulation (I'm going to get my way or else)
D) Some men feel one women cannot satisfy them and that only another woman is capable of doing so, or another man.

That doesn't mean feminists don't. Nice try though.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:51 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,620,761 times
Quote:
That doesn't mean feminists don't. Nice try though.
You blame women for having the same qualities as men. Did you miss the point?
As a feminist, it is easy to recognize men when they engage in this behavior. Most of you will deny your misogyny.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Try presenting an answer rather than an evasion and see if that works.

Your bluffs have been called by several posters and the board has seen you fold. Why are you still making noise?
Whether I present information to you or not based on your ridiculous qualifications, isn't going to prove anything. It is a known fact that many support abortion, protest businesses and have sectors that are lesbian, but the problem is I'm not going to be able to provide any proof that they practice witchcraft because most of the posters on here do not believe it exists. That is where we differ. If you acknowledge that witchcraft exists and explain what you think it is, it's one thing, but if you deny it exist, then how do I even begin to meet what you expect me to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality