Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 01:31 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,344,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Neither, is there an 'Option C'?

I believe we agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 01:40 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,701,487 times
C. Only saved by grace through Jesus Christ= Faith and Works

Old 01-11-2008, 01:40 PM

238 posts, read 824,167 times
I'm a Jew. I believe what kind of a person you are, if you follow the commandments(don't murder,don't steal etc) then I believe you will have a place in heaven. I certainly DO NOT believe that you have to believe in a certain person but yet can commit whatever kind of crimes you want or be whatever kind of terrible person you want to but yet simply because you happen to believe in that one thing you are saved. Judaism just doesn't work that way and it to me isn't even reasonable to think that way.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:43 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,891,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
C. Only saved by grace through Jesus Christ= Faith and Works
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I believe we agree
You believe correctly!!

We do agree!

Old 01-11-2008, 03:08 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,275,819 times
I believe we are saved by faith. I think if you look at the "whole counsel of the Word of God" that this is what it teaches.

As cg, Curly & others have observed (and is taught in the Book of James) TRUE faith will produce works.

That said, I don't believe in "once saved, always saved." I think we have been given free will and I think we can choose to no longer walk in covenant, if you will, with Christ. This isn't about "sinning too much" or "works" IMO but where your heart is.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:27 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,818,689 times
Quote:
I believe we agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
You believe correctly!!

We do agree!
Holy Moly! I go away for a while to come back to peace, harmony and common sense...what is going on here!

Old 01-11-2008, 03:36 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,344,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Holy Moly! I go away for a while to come back to peace, harmony and common sense...what is going on here!

Happy New Year.

Welcome back!

Old 01-11-2008, 03:52 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Hi, Irish, good to see ya...As for your post...Naaaah, everyone just came off the battlefield and are on a little rest...

Old 01-11-2008, 04:12 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,818,689 times
Quote:
Happy New Year.

Welcome back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Hi, Irish, good to see ya...As for your post...Naaaah, everyone just came off the battlefield and are on a little rest...
Oh so they're still swinging at eachother...phew! I thought all the rules had changed!

My internet is fixed, my schedule is set and now if I can figure out how to get out of the middle of this wedding nightmare....I'll be around a bunch more. The world is normal again.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:50 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
If any of you have visited the thread that I started you will recognize these.
In our culture we believe, that you must work together for the benefit of all, give assistance and kindness wherever needed, dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater good, these are the "works" that we do.

Do what you know is right, be truthful and honest all times, take full responsibility for your actions, and above all treat the earth and all that dwell thereon with respect, and remain close to the Great Spirit, this is our faith, to us this goes hand in hand, and last but not least, look after the well-being of mind and body, if you do not take care of yourself and both mind and body you can accomplish the others. In our culture, a creator has provided us with the necessary things to do this all you had to do is to be able to recognize that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality