Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 01:27 PM

1,422 posts, read 955,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Well, damn, I agree with you here...How about that?...
I hope you have not been under the impression that we cannot agree!

It is really more about approach...different directions - different things one has picked up in ones travels which one can contemplate and share without actually forming any beliefs about.

Beliefs are the overarching problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
No, I was hoping it would make you go away...
A child hopes in the hopeless. Grow up.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
So, then explain to me how it was that G-d did not want them to eat from the Tree of Life BECAUSE if they did then they would live forever, that being said indicates that they had not eaten from the Tree of Life, because if they had they would already be immortal because that was the purpose of the Tree of Life...

22Now the Lord God said, "Behold man has become like one of us, having the ability of knowing good and evil, and now, lest he stretch forth his hand and take also from the Tree of Life and eat and live forever."

Why did G-d make this statement, if they were already eating from the Tree of Life which made them immortal?...
I think you are not understanding perhaps the significant thing here was that The Lord of The Elohim wanted the pair out of the garden and into the real world because there was subjugating to be done in that Lords name.

Such a thing could not be achieved if the pair remained in the garden situation. The time had come for the chicks to be sent from the nest and this required the necessity of removing innocence and replacing that with guilt and then subsequent forgiveness but necessary penalty.

You forget really that the tree of life did not even need to be in the garden at all (if you continue to argue as you have been) and it is not likely to be rejected in favor of other fruits when there are no prohibitive and punishable restrictions attached to eating of its fruits. ALL of the trees were permitted to being eaten from except that one which gave knowledge of THE DIFFERENCE between good and evil.

In actuality not knowing the difference between these things would seriously disadvantage the evolution of any consciousness in certain ways. But if we want to address 'original sin' then it appears that the story shows that knowing good and evil is where the origin of the idea of sin derives.

If the specie did not comprehend any difference between what is good and what is not, then while it would be relatively free from drama, it would be primitive or even less than primitive.

I cannot see how a conscious species could not bypass the ability to form understanding in relation to 'good' actions and 'evil' actions. If someone using a stone ax whacks a finger off, that someone is going to think that the action is an evil one.

It seems obvious to me that in the story, Adam and Eve are still not very aware of what good and evil are...it is not like they suddenly had great insight into the differences.

But anyway, it has to be said that it is very likely they indulged in partaking of the fruit of the tree of life before all the crap went down. That they were sent packing and a guard set up to make sure they didn't return and eat the ToL and become equal with the Elohim species instead of slaves, was a precaution the masters felt was obviously necessary.

Ultimately the story fails. There is probably no superior 'Elohim' species doing scientific biological experiments and the story is really made up by those who have been enjoying the position of privilege and power and influence over the 'lessors' such stories enable them to have.

The silly masses who believe these type of stories are the real problem with the world. Even the secular have their invented stories. They leave G()D out of it, 'tis all.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:42 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,142,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
I hope you have not been under the impression that we cannot agree!

It is really more about approach...different directions - different things one has picked up in ones travels which one can contemplate and share without actually forming any beliefs about.

Beliefs are the overarching problem.
Well, there is truth out there somewhere...That is what I am looking for...Not to just settle for a nice myth...

Old 06-11-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Well, there is truth out there somewhere...That is what I am looking for...Not to just settle for a nice myth...
I am intrigued with the saying 'the truth is within you' and think 'is it possible to trust ones self enough to examine it and adopt it as a going concern.?'

I think what myth can do is give one an opportunity to do so. To look within for the truth...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality