Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 04:11 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
They are losing their cultural hegemony, and that makes them mad.
That's it in a nutshell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 05:19 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,620,060 times
Re: 'Christians are under nearly constant attack and derision from many on the far left, far more than any other group in this country.

I say that as an atheist that regards Christian beliefs as frankly silly. However, I don't attack otherwise good people for their beliefs, so long as their actions are honorable. I'm an atheist, not a hypocrite'

It's interesting that you have come to that observation. I have no issue in your conclusion that Christianity is 'silly'. What I think is positive is that with your post you probably would have a quicker understanding of 'potentials' in the denial of religious freedom. The Jews have been hauled in for millennia. Christiians I'd think are getting to feel more and more what the Jews feel like. Next question perhaps is who is next? Maybe the 'no-God' population???

Old 06-26-2015, 05:41 PM

25,960 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I think the reason for that, especially in the LGBT community, is the fact that right-wing Christians are trying to use the government to force their beliefs on all Americans. If there was a real danger in this country of radical Islam getting control of the government and imposing Sharia Law, there would probably be a much more significant backlash against Islam. We are already seeing this in some parts of Europe. In America however, its fundamentalist Christians who desire to rule so that is naturally who the backlash is going to be against. I can't say for sure but my guess is an exceedingly few amount of people on the far left would actually want to pass laws to prevent Christians from practicing their faith.

This is something that most evangelicals seem to have trouble comprehending. They see the verbal attacks from the far left as persecution, but they don't make the connection that the attacks are coming not because of their faith, but because of the fact they insist on a government that promotes their version of Christianity.
Well, in reference to the LGBT community and I knew you were going there: Here it is: Complete catalogue of ‘same-sex marriage’ entrapments and https://stream.org/gay-totalitariani...on-christians/

When you have a "group" of people threatening to put you out of business unless you forsake your beliefs, give up your religious freedom, or maybe kill you or your family, I think it might be prudent to feel persecuted.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:46 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, in reference to the LGBT community and I knew you were going there: Here it is: Complete catalogue of ‘same-sex marriage’ entrapments and https://stream.org/gay-totalitariani...on-christians/

When you have a "group" of people threatening to put you out of business unless you forsake your beliefs, give up your religious freedom, or maybe kill you or your family, I think it might be prudent to feel persecuted.
When you open a business and knowingly violate the laws of operating a business you will be found in violation of the laws of the state.

Don't want to serve gays? Don't open a business.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:47 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
When you open a business and knowingly violate the laws of operating a business you will be found in violation of the laws of the state.

Don't want to serve gays? Don't open a business.
Yet another simple truth that seems to escape the ken of the average fundamentalist.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:50 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
Quote:
Since "they" believe that things only occur in accordance with God's Will, what makes them furious is the creeping suspicion that God is a liberal.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:50 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Since "they" believe that things only occur in accordance with God's Will, what makes them furious is the creeping suspicion that God is a liberal.
Ain't this suppose to be the truth! Let go and let God, guess they say it but cannot believe or accept it?

Must have something to do with making god in their image and not accepting the image of who / what God really is.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:53 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Now this is classic freak posting! The type of insight I expect and have come to appreciate from you!!

Old 06-27-2015, 07:48 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,608,234 times
This is the decade for claims of injustice and prejudice in America. Instead of arguments on who's greater, it seems to be an argument of who's more persecuted. I'm grabbing my popcorn and sitting back to see who comes out the whinner or the winner. Lol

Old 06-27-2015, 11:15 AM

8,272 posts, read 8,660,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Selling the flowers for a gay wedding has nothing to do with having to forsake your beliefs. You are still free to worship as you please so you do not lose religious freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality