Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2015, 08:11 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
Hard to love God and disregard what he said in the same sentence.
Care to respond to my post?

How is this word,Ἀγαπήσεις, defined?
You list several definitions, yet can't seem to give me the definition of the original word in question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 08:22 AM

468 posts, read 266,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Care to respond to my post?

How is this word,Ἀγαπήσεις, defined?
You list several definitions, yet can't seem to give me the definition of the original word in question.
Do you take me for an idiot ?
Is your defonition of love for your brother allowing him to drive drunk and just look the other way? To talk about suicide and give him a 9mm when he asks for it? Agape love for your brother will cause an attempt to intervene when you see him slitting his own throat.
Not help him to his grave and to hell.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Do you take me for an idiot ?
Is your defonition of love for your brother allowing him to drive drunk and just look the other way? To talk about suicide and give him a 9mm when he asks for it? Agape love for your brother will cause an attempt to intervene when you see him slitting his own throat.
Could you possibly just attempt to answer the question?

What is the definition of the word Ἀγαπήσεις?

You were the one that said that I need to study the word love in different languages. THAT is the word in the original language used in Mark.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Could you possibly just attempt to answer the question?

What is the definition of the word Ἀγαπήσεις?

You were the one that said that I need to study the word love in different languages. THAT is the word in the original language used in Mark.
To be put simply , it is the deepest form of non romantic love.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
To be put simply , it is the deepest form of non romantic love.
Great.

Now, you are to LOVE your neighbor as yourself. That does not mean stoning them "in your heart". That does not mean denying them the same rights you have. That does not mean calling them unintelligent. ALL of which you are self admittedly guilty of.

Maybe you should work on removing that plank in your eye before looking for specks in your neighbors eye.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Great.

Now, you are to LOVE your neighbor as yourself. That does not mean stoning them "in your heart". That does not mean denying them the same rights you have. That does not mean calling them unintelligent. ALL of which you are self admittedly guilty of.

Maybe you should work on removing that plank in your eye before looking for specks in your neighbors eye.
No , this same love will have me withdraw from sin as does God.

To understand this you would need to live thru it .
For instance if you find your spouse cheeting then romantic love will shatter .
But if the friendship love manages to survive how will you come thru to them in an attempt to restore the loss of romance , trying to restore your marriage .
I am guessing here you would just forget about love altogether .
It is sick of atheist to use verses to argue there points . Don't you have your own bases on which to strike from?

Old 08-23-2015, 09:19 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:

But if the friendship love manages to survive how will you come thru to them in an attempt to restore the loss of romance , trying to restore your marriage .
It is sick of atheist to use verses to argue there points . Don't you have your own bases on which to strike from?
Really? You are sick of atheists using your Bible with you say is infallible to make points?

What's up with that?

Is that because you can't stand the fact that your Bible preachers slavery? Or misogyny?

Old 08-23-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:

I was raised a Christian, and went to Christian schools. Anything I say will be answered with "but the bible says" So, I cut to the chase.

You guys claim that I can't have morals since I'm an atheist, yet you don't follow your own rules.

You guys claim that "loving" your neighbor includes treating some of them as less than.
You guys claim that you live by some elevated moral set, yet you call names, put others down, stone them "in your heart", and much more.

MAYBE if more of you actually lived a christlike life, I could believe your claims. But as it stands I see more atheists live by Christs words more than I see "Christians" living by his words. "do unto others" " love your neighbors" Try living what you preach, before you try to criticize others.

Again, remove that plank dear, THEN you might be able to clearly see to correct others.

ETA. This is not to be taken as ALL Christians are this way. I know some wonderful christlike Christians.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:33 AM

779 posts, read 484,298 times
I agree

Old 08-23-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I was raised a Christian, and went to Christian schools. Anything I say will be answered with "but the bible says" So, I cut to the chase.

You guys claim that I can't have morals since I'm an atheist, yet you don't follow your own rules.

You guys claim that "loving" your neighbor includes treating some of them as less than.
You guys claim that you live by some elevated moral set, yet you call names, put others down, stone them "in your heart", and much more.

MAYBE if more of you actually lived a christlike life, I could believe your claims. But as it stands I see more atheists live by Christs words more than I see "Christians" living by his words. "do unto others" " love your neighbors" Try living what you preach, before you try to criticize others.

Again, remove that plank dear, THEN you might be able to clearly see to correct others.

ETA. This is not to be taken as ALL Christians are this way. I know some wonderful christlike Christians.
Did I say u carry no morals?
Morals are not everything .
Jesus dieing is not everything .
God had a plan from the beginning and that is where you start so you can see the full picrure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality