Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2015, 11:00 AM

468 posts, read 265,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I'm interested in Jesus--not your narrow Pharisaical version of the bible.

But you don't read much of Jesus do you?

You claim "selectivity" on the part of several of us with regard to scripture. Once again I point out that that is exactly what you do. You didn't quote all of the passage with regard to what Jesus said about not casting pearls before swine:
Matt 7:5-6

But it's nice to see that you would apparently be the first one to pick up a stone and hit either the adulterous woman or Jesus in the head with it!

And you need to ponder this verse by Jesus as well:

Matt 5:22

Get a real bible education and then return to the debate. Right now you are making Josh Duggar look like a decent, upstanding christian.
Joshes sin was not pointing out sin .
Calling sin sin is not what creates hipocrisy . Calling it sin and doing it anyway is what creates hipocrisy .
He was halfway right by admitting it's sin.
But you on the other hand are trying to say a filthy wall is white .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You cherry-pick the teachings of Jesus every bit as much as clickstack does.
The bible can be made to say anything .
The point is what did God want from the beginning? He wanted a people that show there love for him by putting an effort into purity. Then he gave us Jesus because he abviously didn't want sin= sacrifices sin =sacrifices all our lifes. He gave as a sacrifice that can break the curse Adam put on mankind .
He came to save us from our sin, not in our sin.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:16 AM

206 posts, read 215,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I hope Josh Duggar was using a condom and practicing safe sex.

He could be introducing HIV and AIDS and other STD's into his relationship. Having sex with strangers is a large risk. Ask Jeff. He has the stats.

He and his wife should be tested, and re-tested over the next twelve months.

I agree. He's not just putting himself at risk, but also his wife and any child she could be carrying. If he is interviewed about this, I hope this question is asked.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:31 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
The bible can be made to say anything .
The point is what did God want from the beginning? He wanted a people that show there love for him by putting an effort into purity. Then he gave us Jesus because he abviously didn't want sin= sacrifices sin =sacrifices all our lifes. He gave as a sacrifice that can break the curse Adam put on mankind .
He came to save us from our sin, not in our sin.
The point is Josh Duggar had an Ashley Madison account, or two. He used his religion to demonize others while actively participating in adultery.

Josh Duggar has introduced the real possibility of STD's including HIV into his marriage. He shows little regard for the health, and well being of his progeny, let alone his wife.

As a yout...(spelling intentional), he molested four children, and his family protected him at great cost to Josh. His consequences were minimal. His parents are complicit, and responsible for not providing real help for their son.

I imagine God is weeping.

I read Josh Duggar wants $$$$$ for an interview. You would think he would be hell bent of healing himself, and his relationships rather than seeking media attention. I really hope it is just a rumor.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The point is Josh Duggar had an Ashley Madison account, or two. He used his religion to demonize others while actively participating in adultery.

Josh Duggar has introduced the real possibility of STD's including HIV into his marriage. He shows little regard for the health, and well being of his progeny, let alone his wife.

As a yout...(spelling intentional), he molested four children, and his family protected him at great cost to Josh. His consequences were minimal. His parents are complicit, and responsible for not providing real help for their son.

I imagine God is weeping.

I read Josh Duggar wants $$$$$ for an interview. You would think he would be hell bent of healing himself, and his relationships rather than seeking media attention. I really hope it is just a rumor.
Now What Do YOU PERPOSE HE do?

Old 08-24-2015, 11:38 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
The bible can be made to say anything.
We agree on something.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:38 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish437 View Post
I agree. He's not just putting himself at risk, but also his wife and any child she could be carrying. If he is interviewed about this, I hope this question is asked.
My understanding is that he only had the account. He did not actually meet anyone. Is that not true?

Old 08-24-2015, 11:40 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
My understanding is that he only had the account. He did not actually meet anyone. Is that not true?
At least he isn't gay. That would be awful.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:41 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
How would anyone but Josh, and whatever woman he may have met, know?

I reckon there's some crackers out there furiously trying to hack into Josh's emails to find out, though.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
We agree on something.
I'm not as bad as I seem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality