Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2015, 11:56 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Because God merely "spoke" the universe into existence. Show me how the laws of physics supports the idea that simply saying "Let there be light" actually creates light.

I'll wait.
Sorry but you have yet to prove your point. Please try again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
You know very well that I am referring to parts of Genesis that are demonstrably wrong. So it is wrong even if there are other parts that are undisprovable. And as to 'seeing' anything, aren't you the guy who metaphorically clapped his hands over his eyes when confronted with the arm -bones of a whale and said pretty clearly that you didn't want to even look at them?
I'm sorry to have to tell you this dear friend but you have not yet demonstrated anything to the contrary that Genesis is incorrect.
But I take it from your statement above that you do believe God created the heavens and earth. That's a good start.

That whale you speak of in no way proves your point. Please try again. Thank you.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:31 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
You can't have an honest conversation with a dishonest person.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You can't have an honest conversation with a dishonest person.
That is one reason I try to avoid conversations with you.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That is one reason I try to avoid conversations with you.
Unoriginal and lame, Eusie.

As usual.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Unoriginal and lame, Eusie.

As usual.
TroutDude, I'm just curious. Most of what I read from you has a rather distasteful negative bent to it.
Is that your life's goal to go through life being rude and a mean old man? I am just trying to understand you.

Most Canadians I know are rather nice, happy people. You seem so negative. Are you just disenchanted as
to how your life turned out and so you have to turn your negativity on others just so you ensure others are miserable like you?

Old 09-16-2015, 01:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Are you just disenchanted as
to how your life turned out and so you have to turn your negativity on others just so you ensure others are miserable like you?
Lol.... Trout has shared how his life has turned out. He's retired and and has a sweet little place on a beautiful lake where he can spend his days enjoying and photographing* the local wildlife. And having a nip or two of an adult beverage while he kicks back amid the beauty of his surroundings.

You're not reading with comprehension if you think he's miserable. Especially considering he spends time on that lake fishing.

*And thanks, once again, Trout for sharing those photographs. They are much appreciated.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Lol.... Trout has shared how his life has turned out. He's retired and and has a sweet little place on a beautiful lake where he can spend his days enjoying and photographing* the local wildlife. And having a nip or two of an adult beverage while he kicks back amid the beauty of his surroundings.

You're not reading with comprehension if you think he's miserable. Especially considering he spends time on that lake fishing.

*And thanks, once again, Trout for sharing those photographs. They are much appreciated.
His posts betray a deep undercurrent of being miserable.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Wishful thinking, Eusie.

Like Noah inventing freeze-drying.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
In your opinion. Which is obviously influenced by the fact that Trout disagrees with your various theories and ideas, including those you've posted in this thread. I think you are unhappy because Trout doesn't post: "What a great post Eusie! Tell us more!"

Come to think of it. I'm not sure anyone posts that. Hmmm.... I'll have to pay closer attention just in case one slipped by me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality